It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

quantum dating?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
after watching too many episodes of star trek enterprise, i got the idea to ask you on this board about this.
could quantum dating be possible to obtain, and how accurate would such a dating tech be? is quantum dating possible at all? or is it just the figment of imagination of a sci-fi writers mind?
i'm just curious

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Since there's no such thing as quantum dating, I'm really curious about what you think it is. How do you think it would work? What, exactly do you mean by it.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yes! There can be quatuam dating. Well, not quite, but there is a setup where you can ask someone out and if they you get a negative response you're not sure if she said no or not because of quantum uncertainity. The details of the matter escape me but it was a real well thought out process. I can't recall what book talked about it but at your request I can find it again when i stop by the library.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Yes! There can be quatuam dating. Well, not quite, but there is a setup where you can ask someone out and if they you get a negative response you're not sure if she said no or not because of quantum uncertainity. The details of the matter escape me but it was a real well thought out process. I can't recall what book talked about it but at your request I can find it again when i stop by the library.

To answer the original post... its completely made up. They just stuck the word quantum on to make it sounds flashy... it makes no sense at all for quantum to be involved with dating. Radio carbon dating is based on decay of matter, in the quantum world you get no such thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
quantum represents nothing more than energy that is too small to be divisible. It does not relate to time.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
thanx for the insights about this.
i was just curious if it could be real or not.

join