It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Saudi Says Kingdom Has Plenty of Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   

"The world is more likely to run out of uses for oil than Saudi Arabia is going to run out of oil," Adel al-Jubeir

By ANNE GEARAN, AP Diplomatic Writer

Well, is it a conspiracy or reality folks? Is there some hidden agenda in his words or is he speaking the truth? I think he is correct and we will change over most of our ground transport to use alternative energy sources before there will be any crisis.

"If we send more oil to the United States and you can't refine it, it's not going to become gasoline," al-Jubeir said. The United States has not built a refinery since the 1970s, and other markets have similarly outmoded or limited refining capacity. Environmental concerns and local opposition make it unlikely new U.S. refineries can be built quickly, even with the current gas price crunch.

Sounds to me like he's shifting the gasoline shortage blame on refineries or environmentalists.

Now that satellite technology is cheap enough to install milage tracking devices in all vehicals the government can collect it's revenue that way & thus we will begin to see cars that get much higher mileage or don't need need gas any longer. It's all about the ablilty to continue the revenue stream - nothing more.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by outsider]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Its true it got about 1/10 of the oil of the world resevied

130 trillion oil barrel on the ground

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If he is lying, he would only look foolish if others showed the estimates are much lower than he is stating. Plus, it certainly is not a way to have oil prices rise!! I think he is speaking the truth.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
america made the arabs muslims iraqis's etc whatever rich and put oil to use with money because americans and europeans white people invented cars that use oil.that is the main reason why countries people need it . Now the arabs iraqi's etc are selfish why not just invade them and steal their oil.

Otherwise their oil would be worthless and not in use if those people didnt invent everything.
And they attack us.
their oil would be useless and nothing without the inventions.
Now if countries need oil why not take a big drug hit and steal it from them.
also a lot of other countries have oil.

[edit on 15-3-2007 by exotic4499]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by exotic4499
america made the arabs muslims iraqis's etc whatever rich and put oil to use with money because americans and europeans white people invented cars that use oil.that is the main reason why countries people need it . Now the arabs iraqi's etc are selfish why not just invade them and steal their oil.

Otherwise their oil would be worthless and not in use if those people didnt invent everything.
And they attack us.
their oil would be useless and nothing without the inventions.
Now if countries need oil why not take a big drug hit and steal it from them.
also a lot of other countries have oil.

Everyone is selfish in one way or another. I don't think that justifies going and stealing anyones oil. Look at the mess the US is already in. No need to start another war to steal oil. If I thought you were selfish and wanted to invade your house and take say your bread, would I be right in doing so?I agree with the OP that he's saying his country isn't to blame for the prices of oil. IMO we need to look at the oil companies themselves (Exxon, Halliburton, etc.) They see that we're so dependent on oil that they wanna drive the price up to line their own pockets with gold. The rich get richer. It really isn't about the oil. Money is the driving factor behind all of it. Greed, pure and simple.

new topics

top topics

join