It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines 'beat US workers' in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This story has been reported by a few other sources as well. You omit the most important part (of course you did, as it doesn’t fit your agenda) Ill post the one I read yesterday if I can find it again. But there is another side of this story. Those "contractors" shot at those Marines and at a few civilian cars just prior to them being detained.

I wouldn’t expect to be treated very well by somebody I just shot at. Their excuse was that they didn’t know they were Marines. Great excuse, what about the civilian cars?

I don’t feel sorry for those contractors at all. And neither should you, but that doesn’t matter because their story supports your hate of the USA so will summarily ignore the rest of the story.

Typical

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
skippytjc,

The problem of this story is, that TWO AMERICAN SIDES are involved in this story, not some Italian journalist on Iraqi civilan, tha didnt stop at the barricade. Which is not really putting a Great light on American interests in Iraq.

You can all see where this Dumb War aginst Terrorism is leading to - a total chaos, lots of cases of so called "Friendly Fire" etc.

Tell me skippytjc, how is this all helping the averega Iraqi civilans, living in Fallujah?

So that he has to witness Americans shooting at each other?

What will he think about You then?

You think Marines give a damn about private contractors in Iraq?

Watch them drive around and earn big bucks, while they are the Ones getting their Lives on the Frontline for Them?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The problem of this story is, that TWO AMERICAN SIDES are involved in this story,

I agree, clearly Americans screwed up here....after reading more articles on the same story it looks like the Contractors are the ones at fault, not the Marines.

You think Marines give a damn about private contractors in Iraq?

Not really, but most of them don't really care. They have no hate or dislike for them or PMC's. I think the Marine that made the comment about the pay did so because he was pissed off, or he could have meant it.....would'nt you be pissed if you were fired upon by your own side. And even if he said what was on his mind that still does not mean the entire corps feels the same way.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Soul,

My point is you guys are automatically faulting the Marines. This is a marine bashing post. And its not thier fault. They were shot at by contractors and treated those contractors the way they should be treated after such an incident. But you haters turn this into a story against Marines. Again, you overlook anything that goes against you agendas.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Soul,

My point is you guys are automatically faulting the Marines. This is a marine bashing post. And its not thier fault. They were shot at by contractors and treated those contractors the way they should be treated after such an incident. But you haters turn this into a story against Marines. Again, you overlook anything that goes against you agendas.

Wrong skippytjc!

Its another Bush-Bashing Post!

HE sent the Marines down to Inferno-Iraq.

HE sent them to "Liberate and Free" people of Iraq.

HE is the Supreme Commander of All Armed Forces.

HE is Responsible for this mess!

The Marines didnt decide that for themselves.

I have nothing against a Marine doing his job - after all that is what he choose to do.

THEY are the ones risking their own Lives for the Wicked purposes of the Bush goverment.

THEY have to Shoot and Kill people in order to stay alive and not to get "fired" from their Job.

As said before, I have nothing against the common Men and Women who serve in the Army, Navy, Marines or Airforce.

They are just follwing ordes - its what they were Trained to do!

That was their decision - its Wrong in my humble opinion, but thats just my opinion.

So - who is to Blame here?

Marines, for "doing their Job"?

Private Contractors for also "doing their Job", for more Money, but still?

The Man who Sent them down there to do their Job?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I wouldn’t expect to be treated very well by somebody I just shot at. Their excuse was that they didn’t know they were Marines.

Oh so I imagine an army unit involved in an act of freindly fire would be treated the same way by the marines. So much for the high tech modern battlefield...

Great excuse, what about the civilian cars?

Funny how in this situation you assume they were civilians but if it was a marine unit being accused of firing on civilians you'd just assume they were firing on insurgents.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join