It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Muslims desecrate American flag

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
No, I was just saying that flag burning is a political statement. As long as they limit their actions so they are not destructive, then let them burn all the flags they want. It really doesn't accomplish anything. Were you shocked the last time you saw a Palestinian burning an Israeli flag? I doubt it. There's nothing really shocking about burning flags, and the Supreme Court has already ruled on this issue. It's freedom of expression.

Got it!

Completly Agree with You!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by deltaboy

You think you can break the Spirit of people by bombing and burning their towns?

whos Spirit of people are u talking about Souljah?

Errrr... didnt you read the entire Post of mine, including the Quote from dbates?

I suggest you go few posts up, and read it.

thought u meant everybody who has a Spirit, and not just Muslims only. Muslims aint the only ones who can resist.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

thought u meant everybody who has a Spirit, and not just Muslims only. Muslims aint the only ones who can resist.

I did mean Everybody with a Spirit - but Muslims are the topic of Today.

I remember certain Vietnamese that didnt want to Give up, even with thousands of tons of bombs being dropped on their heads on daily basis.

Resistance is NOT Futile!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Resistance is NOT Futile!

sadly sometimes resistance can backfire, we saw wat happened to the Imperial Japan. tsk tsk.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You think you can break the Spirit of people by bombing and burning their towns?

whos Spirit of people are u talking about Souljah?

Who? Look at the Iraqi resistance. Our continuing occupation is only emboldening them. Just about everything we've done there has backfired in our face. If you want to know what has historically happened when that land & people is occupied (which is an excellent marker of what is to come), look back to the British occupation (at the turn of the century). You will see a spirit that will never bow to any force. The spirit of rebellion towards occupation is pure strength. (other examples US repelling the British during war of independence, N. Vietnam lasting out the French & USA)

Don't ever underestimate the REBEL spirit.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

triumphs. Do you realise for an american flag to touch the ground it must be burned in an honor ceremony?

And do you realize that this is not done? The public doesn't do anything of the sort, the public, therefore, desecrates the flag regularly. You aren't supposed to display the flag at night, without a spot light on it either. And you aren't supposed to put the US flag higher than other countries flags, but they do that too.

So Nygdan ... you are saying that the US Flag and the Quran are mis-
treated the same? Hmmm. I kinda agree with that (if that's what you were saying).

Americans, if they followed the PROPER rules for treatment
of the flag would burn the flag if it touched the ground and they wouldn't
have it displayed at night without being lit up. Most Americans do not
properly display the US flag. (We do, but that's because my husband and
I are vets and we know how to.) The Quran is SUPPOSED to be handled
the way that it usually is at GITMO by Americans ... but the Muslims
themselves pee on it, flush it, and stand higher than it, etc. etc.

So people are yelling .. 'hey .. YOU better treat my Quran (or flag)
correctly even though I and most of my neighbors don't.'

Yep. Good observation. Only thing is .. when Americans see the flag
being burned in anger (or stupidity ...or infintile behavior ... or whatever)
they don't go around getting into murderous riots and they don't use
it as an excuse to go out and kill and riot. When there is a rumor that
the Quran was mistreated ... then the Middle East uses it as an excuse
to riot and kill. Even when it turns out that MUSLIMS were the ones
that flushed the Quran.

It doesn't matter ... they say - let's all riot and act like idiots and kill.

Oh .. and the 'non-proper handling of the Quran' complaints include
the terrorists at GITMO complaining because no one is supposed to
stand higher than the Quran and the guards do. Hello??? this is a
prison and the guards aren't going to crawl on all fours into a
prison cell to get the terrorist. They should be grateful that they
even have Qurans. If they don't want American prison guards
standing higher than the Qurans (that the Americans gave them)
then they shouldn't have been terrorists and insurgants to begin
with and they wouldn't be there. They would be back home
mishandling the Quran themselves.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus

To respond to the act of flag burning is exactly what these people want, they want to sow discord and show defiance to a nation they view ( whether rightly or wrongly ) as oppressive and a threat to their cause.
The best thing to do is look these people in the eye and smile knowingly and walk on by, believe me that hurts them much more than reponding in a violent or disrespectful way to their symbols of belief and sense of nation hood.

The absolute best advice.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You have voted FlyersFan for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

BINGO!!!

I live in a community that has an HOA, and only American flags are allowed to be displayed. There is also a high percentage of Pakistani residents that live there. My closest neighbors are Pakistani and you can see them regularly leaving with their Korans to go off to pray at a mosque or group (I presume). They also display an American flag outside their house just like I do. See, they are Muslims AND proud Americans, even though none of them were born here. They are prospering here and their kids (about 8 dozen of them!) are growing up enjoying the opportunities that the USA provides them.

My point? Where are the Muslims like my neighbors standing up for America? There are millions of Muslims here enjoying their freedom and opportunities. How come they aren’t protesting the defacing of that flag? People are so fast to call anybody who binds terrorism and extremism with all Muslims anti-Muslim(we all know its not true), but where are the "good" Muslims defending themselves and denouncing terrorism? When was the last time any of you saw a Muslim authority on international news denouncing Islamic extremism? When was the last time you saw or read about some Islamic group killing or denouncing the west? Every day.

You just don’t see it. So when reasonable thinkers and smart people are infused by the media day in and day out with Muslim terrorists and Islamic extremists demonstrating against America and the west or outright committing terrorist acts, people start to believe its the whole group.

If every clown you ever saw or met slapped you in the face without exception your entire life, how could anybody ever convince you clowns weren’t all bad? They couldn’t.

So, where are the Muslims who don’t agree with flag defacing? Where are the Muslims who want to let people know not all Muslims are terrorists? Where are all the Muslims who are enjoying the freedoms that western style governments are providing them?

Because all I see on the news are the "bad" ones that hate me and my family and would kill us in the street if they had the opportunity.

I know, like my neighbors, the vast majority of Muslims are fine people. But that’s only because I know better. If I based my opinion only on the news, regardless of the source, id hate them and fear them and want them to stay far away from me.

Its funny, the LACK of any kind of official “defense” from Muslims regarding how people view them as a collective in itself is telling. If a crime suspect was accused over and over by the police about their guilt and they never once attempted to proclaim their innocence, what do you think the police would assume?

Its about time Muslims living and prospering in the west started to support their countries and their freedoms, not deface flags in protest of the very nation that gives them those freedoms.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

No there isn't. There are two things that can be said here -

The 'holy books' are just books ... paper made where ever.
The flag is just cloth made where ever.

OR

The holy books represent certain things that are holy to the
person and have a high historical significance representing
people who have died for that belief. SAME WITH THE FLAG.

Either both are okay to do with as you please .. or both need
to be handled with care and respect. It's one or the other.
The two can't be seperated by saying the Quran is a higher
symbol than the flag. Either both are 'just materials' or both
represent honorable ideas and beliefs that have been paid
for in blood.

Fair enough, I fully agree with you. One question though, do you place the Holy Bible above the American Flag? Which would you rather see descecrated?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Desecrate Holy Qu'Ran? YES.

Burn American Flag? NO.

Hmmmmm....

Again you take things out of context. So far in this Thread, nobody has said that but you.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It doesn't matter ... they say - let's all riot and act like idiots and kill.

Damn you nailed it, well said FF.

Our flag is not Holy, but we have millions who have fought and died for those colors to fly. IMO, any American who burns our flag should lose their citizenship and be shipped off to Sudan....lets see how long they last there.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by SportyMB
True, but this thread also highlights the hypocrasy of those who burn flags or burn bibles..whatever and scream freedom of speech but get pissed whenever someone desecrates the Koran.
It works both ways....

Who has done that? I, for one, have stated both of those actions are abhorent to me. I'm not going to get bent out of shape over someone burning a flag, though. A flag is a symbol, albeit a powerful one. The Koran is another matter altogether. Can you imagine if the radical Muslims started pissing on or burning Bibles in protest? All hell would break loose with Christian fundamentalists. I don't think the Muslims would do that, though; b/c they (at least the moderates) see that book also as sacred text.

ECK: Try bringing a Bible into a Muslim Country. You will find out how fast a Muslim can and will burn a Bible.
I agree with the premise of what you are saying
about not getting bent out of shape over either action. Most of our soldiers would not know about the cultural taboos on handleing the Koran, but Muslims living in the US should know about the reactions to burning the flag.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Because all I see on the news are the "bad" ones that hate me and my family and would kill us in the street if they had the opportunity.

Just because you don't see pro-American muslims on the news denouncing the burning of the flag doesn't mean there are none. I have never personally witnessed anyone burning the flag, have you? The news focuses in on what will keep you tuned in past the commercials. I wouldn't judge an entire group based on a few highly publicized flag burnings.

LA_Maximus
Our flag is not Holy, but we have millions who have fought and died for those colors to fly. IMO, any American who burns our flag should lose their citizenship and be shipped off to Sudan....lets see how long they last there.

Well then, good thing you're not the dictator. Has it ever occured to you that freedom also involves the freedom to dissent, even in ways you personally find repugnant?

I wonder how many of the millions that fought and died did so to support freedom, and how many did so to promote shipping flag burners off to Sudan.

Flag protection laws are appropriate for police states and petty dictatorships, not for the nation that call itself the land of the free.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by spamandham]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Do you realise for an american flag to touch the ground it must be nburned in an honor ceremony?

That's an urban legend.

No, its not. Do some research on Flag Etiquete. It is the only honorable way to dispose of an American Flag.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
Well then, good thing you're not the dictator. Has it ever occured to you that freedom also involves the freedom to dissent, even in ways you personally find repugnant?

You are correct. I have my freedom to burn Korans if I wish to.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

You are correct. I have my freedom to burn Korans if I wish to.

just make sure u are not in a Muslim land
. since there is a law preventing burning Koran while in America u can do all u want against the Koranies.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

placing a sign on the flag that says, "Oh Muslims! Do you know your enemy? Isn't it obvious

This is actually more important than the flag burning... This is a defacto statement claiming the US as the "enemy", and if these Muslims are US citizens, it's tantamount to treasonous (though not exactly illegal). If not citizens, then I'd say fair grounds for deportation....

Though, if they continue, with the current tyrant in chief, they'll probably end up in Gitmo for years...

Man, I really don't ever want to see a repeat of past mistakes, like the Holocaust, the Japanese-American roundup in WWII, etc., but if a minority of Muslims in the US keep calling such attention to it, they're likely contributing to such a repeat of history, and what's sadder, is that the public at large will likely be cheering for it...just as the crowds in Germany did....

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Gazrok great post its about time some one got what the original post was really about.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Oy !!!

I am Christian myself and thinks it's a shame to burn or desicrate any holy book or flag for that matter. True, Many have died for our country and our flag of Freedom represents that. I think it's a shame personally but am not going to get upset over a few of these radical mongrowls !

I saw somewhere that someone had mentioned that christians think it's ok to burn the kuran. Please don't generalize. We are all individuals within the christain faith but don't always agree on these type of issues. How we handle ourselves in reaction is the difference !

I know many places in the Musllim Territory where you cannot walk down the street with a bible in your own hand without being beheaded. I have met many missionaries in the east that have died becuse of their faith in Christ. Not only them but their families as well.

Anyway- Let them burn ! Gods Truth will always live on ! and so will OUR FLAG !

Did you ever happen to see the clip where a radical is burning the US flag and he catches on fire !

Too Damn Funny !!!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I just wish I was there to stomp him out with a Koran....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join