It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Muslims desecrate American flag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I bet they wouldn't bomb us.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
But I have the RIGHT to do anything to any book or banner or flag in my country, and defacing the Koran is as much my right as it was for those Muslims to deface my nation’s flag. So that’s what I will do, I will deface the Koran as a protest to Muslims defacing my nations flag. My logic is no less credible than those flag defacers. It’s actually the exact same logic.

Yes, that is your right. I guess that is what is so good about living in the USA.

I hope at some point, though, you can look beyond the angry tit-for-tat attitude. It does no one any good. It only keeps the animosity going.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew
I bet they wouldn't bomb us.

Huh? Who is "they"? Some of "them" have actually.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dances With Angels
We don't really care if they burn our flag but I wonder how would the Muslim countries would start feeling if we started bruning their flags? I bet it wouldn't be as a nice and humble reaction as the US would respond.

Many of them do not feel about their flag as we do here. Why? Because so many of them are TRIBAL and adhere to their TRIBES. Not flags and nationalism. Saudi Arabia is a perfect example of that.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
demonstration out of a series of city-wide demonstration that was planned in response to the desecration of the holy Quran by the Crusaders & Zionists at Guantanamo Bay. In this video, we were exposing the truth to the public about the real story behind the desecration of the Qur'an. Also, this was done to rise the Muslim Communities up and unite under one cause. That is to expose the agenda of the Crusaders & Zionists and their war on Islam which many still do not see today.

Author and researcher Robert Spencer, who posted a link to the video on his weblog Jihad Watch, commented that Muslim lobby groups such as the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations have helped foster an environment that discourages criticism of such actions.

"... [I]f we even ask how many Muslims in America think this way, CAIR will bellow about discrimination and Islamophobia," Spencer writes. "So attention is diverted from activities such as what is shown in this video, and they can continue unheeded."

The Islamic Thinkers Society is an off-shoot of Al-Muhajiroun, a British jihadist group that publicly raised funds for Hamas and has been suspected of facilitating transportation of British Muslims to fight U.S. troops overseas.
The Queens branch youth leader, Abu Yousuf, a U.S. citizen who says he attended a "camp" in Sudan and takes computer courses at the City University of New York, speaks at university events throughout New York City usually sponsored by the Muslim Student Association.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GLOBAL JIHAD
U.S. Muslims desecrate American flag
Video shows group on street corner declaring Islamic dominance

Posted: June 8, 2005
3:38 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

A group of American Muslims produced a video that shows its members on a New York City street corner declaring Islam's dominance over America as they tread on a U.S. flag and then rip it apart.

Image from video of Muslim group desecrating U.S. flag in street demonstration

In the video, released by the New York-based Islamic Thinkers Society, one of the Muslims is shown placing a sign on the flag that says, "Oh Muslims! Do you know your enemy? Isn't it obvious?"

The group, tied to the British jihadist organization Al-Muhajiroun, said the demonstration was "in response to the desecration of the holy Quran by the Crusaders & Zionists at Guantanamo Bay," an allegation based on a retracted Newsweek story.

The five-minute piece begins with a man speaking in clear English: "Just to show where our loyalty belongs to -- you see this flag here? It's going to go on the floor [sic]. And to us, our loyalty does not belong to this flag, our loyalty belongs to Allah ... ."

The speaker then shifts to Arabic and members can be heard shouting the familiar "Allahu Akbar," or "Allah is greatest."

Later, after noting he has a legal permit for the demonstration, the speaker shouts, "You Muslims who are hiding in your houses, don't be afraid. Come and join us. Join us in the revival of all Islam. ... Join us to revive the Muslims from darkness into light."

Another speaker refers to the mandate for "Islam to dominate over all other religions, to dominate the world, even though the non-Muslims may hate it."

Image from video shows Muslim protester ripping U.S. flag

On its website, the Islamic Thinker's Society explains:

"This video is of our first demonstration out of a series of city-wide demonstration that was planned in response to the desecration of the holy Quran by the Crusaders & Zionists at Guantanamo Bay. In this video, we were exposing the truth to the public about the real story behind the desecration of the Qur'an. Also, this was done to rise the Muslim Communities up and unite under one cause. That is to expose the agenda of the Crusaders & Zionists and their war on Islam which many still do not see today.
Author and researcher Robert Spencer, who posted a link to the video on his weblog Jihad Watch, commented that Muslim lobby groups such as the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations have helped foster an environment that discourages criticism of such actions.

"... [I]f we even ask how many Muslims in America think this way, CAIR will bellow about discrimination and Islamophobia," Spencer writes. "So attention is diverted from activities such as what is shown in this video, and they can continue unheeded."

The Islamic Thinkers Society is an off-shoot of Al-Muhajiroun, a British jihadist group that publicly raised funds for Hamas and has been suspected of facilitating transportation of British Muslims to fight U.S. troops overseas.

Al-Muhajiroun leader Omar Bakri

Al-Muhajiroun spiritual leader Sheik Omar Bakri Muhammad has called on the British Muslim community to join Hamas.

Under pressure from UK authorities, Al-Muhajiroun claimed it disbanded in October, but security sources say leaders still are active in London and the U.S.

As WorldNetDaily reported, Al-Muhajiroun openly maintains a branch in Queens that claims to be involved in "only peaceful activities." The group holds closed-door meetings and study sessions at a mosque in Jackson Heights, Queens, led by an older cleric identified as Sheikh Choudray.

The Queens branch youth leader, Abu Yousuf, a U.S. citizen who says he attended a "camp" in Sudan and takes computer courses at the City University of New York, speaks at university events throughout New York City usually sponsored by the Muslim Student Association.

Sign displayed at Muslim protest

At one Al-Muhajiroun event at Queensborough Community College sponsored by the MSA and attended by WND, a Muhajiroun speaker working with Yousuf said, "We reject the U.N., reject America, reject all law and order. Don't lobby Congress or protest because we don't recognize Congress! The only relationship you should have with America is to topple it!"

The speaker continued, "The so-called terrorists are the only people who truly fear Allah. ... They are the only worthy causes, and the mighty superpower only fears them."
In a private interview with WND, a Queens based Al-Muhajiroun leader said he would be "absolutely honored" to give up his life in a "martyr operation" against American civilians. The leader warned that "a jihad is coming to America because of the moves of the Bush administration."

the peice was not about burning the flag. or descreting the flag as the peice said. it was about how the are trying to incite violence through this. if you read the artical. my view is why, if a non-muslim american was doing something like this against muslims the feds would be right on them. I don't agree with descreting of eiter objects. two wrongs don't make it right
if the alledged actions happened at gitmo why do the same to the flag. its real petty

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Yes, that is your right. I guess that is what is so good about living in the USA.

I hope at some point, though, you can look beyond the angry tit-for-tat attitude. It does no one any good. It only keeps the animosity going.

But East, where are you comments about "tit for tat" regarding those Muslims defacing that flag? ITS THE SAME THING!!!

You guys give me a headache with your selective comments!!

[edit on 9-6-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've said it once, twice, and I'll say it again, I do not like seeing my flag burned or desecrated any more than you. Whether I like it or not, that right is protected under the First Ammendment. There's no reason for me to get bent out of shape, therefore. Besides, the flag is merely a symbol. It is not something I WORSHIP. I save that for GOD.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think skippytjc is trying to say what I said a few post up.

people in this thread condone one and not the other.....they say
"you're wrong for burning the Koran"
and in the same thread they say
"Burning the flag is freedom of speech"

Like a said...it's a shame...the double standard I mean.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I hope you don't think I am applying a double standard. If I'm not being clear, tell me.

I think using something sacred of someone else's to hurt them is wrong. In the case of intelligence gathering, we can be smarter than that.

If you're in the USA and you decide to attack someone by desecrating their bible or quran or whatever, you have that right. As long as you don't hit them over the head w/it.

You can burn the flag.

I despise both, as they are both reactionary and infantile.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So the enemies of the U.S. burn the Stars and Stripes? It's just frustration on their part that accomplishes nothing. While they were busy burning flags, the U.S. was busy bombing and burning their towns. Which statement has more power?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
So the enemies of the U.S. burn the Stars and Stripes? It's just frustration on their part that accomplishes nothing. While they were busy burning flags, the U.S. was busy bombing and burning their towns. Which statement has more power?

You kill others, you kill your own soul. Whatever nation you hail from. I wouldn't call that power. I would call that all too human.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I hope you don't think I am applying a double standard. If I'm not being clear, tell me.

Oh, no. I understand you clearly....and I agree

I mean some of the other posters here have a double standard on this issue.

Dbates...cool avatar

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Huh? Who is "they"? Some of "them" have actually.

I was referencing the Angel's post about how MIddle-Eastern countries would feel if we burned their flag.

I would be willing to bet money that there has never been a Middle-Eastern country (not 3rd party terrorists) who have bombed us for burning their flags. That is all I was saying.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
When i was in the Army serving in Northern Ireland the Provos used to burn the Union Jack at almost every rally i was forced to attend to provide security to the people who would have gladly seen me dead with a bullet in the back of my head.
We didn't let it get to us, im not sure if it was because the British tend to be more restrained in our emotions than other nations or that we had seen it so many time that we had become imune to the shock value of the act of burning the flag.
My own personal thoughts were that a flag does not make a nation. The people who live and work and build a constructive society are the ones that make a nation great. The American people have much to be proud of, technical inovation, advances in medicine, the arts the list goes on. To respond to the act of flag burning is exactly what these people want, they want to sow discord and show defiance to a nation they view ( whether rightly or wrongly ) as oppressive and a threat to their cause.
The best thing to do is look these people in the eye and smile knowingly and walk on by, believe me that hurts them much more than reponding in a violent or disrespectful way to their symbols of belief and sense of nation hood. After all as Nietzsche famously said Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

No, two wrongs don’t make a right. But that argument is the same for those Muslims. Defacing that flag didn’t make their issues go away. Its funny how you use the old "two wrongs..." adage to comment on my proposal, but you didn’t feel it necessary to make the comment protesting what those Muslims did to my nations flag, even though its the same context.

Agendas agendas agendas...

Dont act like you dont have Your OWN Agenda.

Mister Vader, why dont you RISE ABOVE all this Two Wrongs Crap, that made you so angry, and be better then those pesky Muslims that are doing that same thing you are so against?

Why then talk about how you want to wipe your hiney with a page from Holy Qu'ran?

I just dont get it!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

You think you can break the Spirit of people by bombing and burning their towns?

Yes you can kill alot of people - but you wont take their Spirit away.

I thought Rambo tought you that.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
You think you can break the Spirit of people by bombing and burning their towns?

whos Spirit of people are u talking about Souljah?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by finnman68Have your demonstrations it just shows what its like to live in a free society.

'I hate them and wish they'd go back to where the f they came from', and its a 'free' society right? Yeesh.

And Worldnutdaily is a poor source of news that regularly distorts information to fit their propaganda.

Burning or destroying the US flag is not helping your cause

They're americans, and as americans, can burn their flag.

xphilesphan
to americans the US flag is sacred.

Maybe to some, but the flag is not a sacred object. Its just a flag. It means something to a lot of people, but its certainly not 'sacred'.

triumphs. Do you realise for an american flag to touch the ground it must be nburned in an honor ceremony?

And do you realize that this is not done? The public doesn't do anything of the sort, the public, therefore, desecrates the flag regularly. You aren't supposed to display the flag at night, without a spot light on it either. And you aren't supposed to put the US flag higher than other countries flags, but they do that too.

skippy
So that’s what I will do, I will deface the Koran as a protest to Muslims defacing my nations flag.

Maybe a bunch of people can do this, and make it clear that they are protesting the burning of american flags, rather than protesting the existence of islam. See, the problem with flag burning was that it was calling for the destruction of the american nation. But if its just a call for change in the administration or a policy protest, then there is really no reason not to do the same with the koran, or bible, or anything else.

finnman68

How exactly is that showing them fostering an environment that discourages criticism?

Then arrest them, and forget this prattle about some flag.

After all as Nietzsche famously said Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Hm. Good point. Perhaps its best to forget about mass koran burnings.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
No, I was just saying that flag burning is a political statement. As long as they limit their actions so they are not destructive, then let them burn all the flags they want. It really doesn't accomplish anything. Were you shocked the last time you saw a Palestinian burning an Israeli flag? I doubt it. There's nothing really shocking about burning flags, and the Supreme Court has already ruled on this issue. It's freedom of expression.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by Souljah

whos Spirit of people are u talking about Souljah?

Errrr... didnt you read the entire Post of mine, including the Quote from dbates?

I suggest you go few posts up, and read it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join