It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Muslims desecrate American flag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
if these Muslim Americans believe that they helped conquer America by burning the flag they have alot more to learn than the action they made.

It's a form of protest (read: attention-getter) that seems to pique the anger of the many.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
ECK,
Unfortunately, this has been proposed and shot down so many times in the US it makes my head spin thinking about. Our Constitution allows "freedom of Speech" and so far, all cases where Flag burners / desecrators have been brought to task on this. They have all been successfull in stating that it would violate their freedom of speech if they could not burn / desecrate the flag.
The US is one of only a few countries that allow this sort of behavior

But not to worry, after the last dust up involving flag burning, our congress in it's wisdom, has placed a maximum fine of $25 for hitting a person that is burning the flag.

Bill that reduces the penalty for beating up a flag-burner to a $25 fine

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Also posted on a related thread:

If you would like to receive a free copy of the Koran - they even pay the postage - go to this web site and simply order one.

Free Koran

Of course after you receive your free copy of the Koran, you're also free to deal with it as you please - espescially if you live in a free country such as the U.S.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I suspect all faiths send off free materials to bring in new adherents.

I think I saw an ad from Franklin Graham's ministry awhile back offering to send folks free bibles.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
True, but I thought some folks here might also want one for other purposes besides reading ...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
True, but I thought some folks here might also want one for other purposes besides reading ...

If that was really your purpose for posting the site, as opposed to encouraging ignorant to read the Koran for themselves, then you serve as the quintessential example of the arrogant American. It is people like you who makes Americans vilified in the global perspective, please grow up.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew

If that was really your purpose for posting the site, as opposed to encouraging ignorant to read the Koran for themselves, then you serve as the quintessential example of the arrogant American. It is people like you who makes Americans vilified in the global perspective, please grow up.

Why should I encourage someone to read the Koran?

On the contrary, it is people like you (which is it traitor or illegal immigrant?) that are trying to turn this country into a historical footnote through appeasement of any and all that would seek to tear it down.

Buzz off!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Well, I guess some people might want to buy these Flags and Stuff for Other purpses, besides waving.

United States Flag Store

Just so that everybody gets what they want.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Born and bred in Texas, to love my country and love it for the "melting pot" that it is.

I accept diversity instead of rejecting it, and I acknowledge and follow an ethic of love rather than hatred and bigotry. I guess this is where our two viewpoints diverge.

You do realize your ancestors were immigrants to this land as well? Unless of course you are a native-american...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I ordered my Koran. I wonder how I will express my freedom of speech with it? So many ways possible, I don’t know where to start!!

Lets see, maybe I can list some:

- If the paper is soft, it could make a decent replacement for bathroom tissue. How many pages is the Koran? What ply?

- I am quite congested this time of year... Feel some sneezes coming on...

- One of my dogs is quite old and is prone to "accidents”. How absorbent do you think the Koran is anyways?

- If its small enough, it would make a great bar coaster. You know, for your alcoholic beverages.

- If the text is double spaced, I could write down all sorts of things in the extra space. Maybe my favorite Hanukkah hymns?

- Maybe me and the wifey could have sex on it? Spread the pages out like a sheet.

My my so many possibilities to express my freedom of speech!! What to do what to do?!?! But, whatever I decide to do with my personal copy of the Koran, I can do it without prosecution from my country because I am free!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
It's a form of protest (read: attention-getter) that seems to pique the anger of the many.

I agree.

I really don't understand what the fuss is about flag burning, and have never understood why people venerate the flag, or pledge allegience to it. The flag is the symbol of the US federal government, and a lot of people have rightious complaints against that entity. Let them vent their anger with protest instead of bullets.

For those who get irate over descration of the flag:

Heck, rather than slugging them, you might even inquire as to why they despise the government.

"If you don't like it, leave!" is the road to fascism.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by spamandham]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I ordered my Koran. I wonder how I will express my freedom of speech with it? So many ways possible, I don’t know where to start!!

Lets see, maybe I can list some:

Are you a Christian? Or of any other faith? If you are - and I am NOT judging you - I don't think you would find these comments to be funny, at all. No offense. Just respecting the religion of others as I would hope they would try to respect mine.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Ok, Im a little confused over what some of you think and your stance on freedom of speech.

Someone post this,

and many of you call him an "arrogant American" and jump on his back like he's a criminal or something

but.....

someone post this,

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
Me myself I will continue to support the burning of the US flag, the constitution, Union Jack, Israeli flag or whatever for as long as you sheep continue to blindly follow and believe the lies spewed out by the Bush/blair rogue regimes.

and a picture of a burned flag with the statement "makes me feel good inside " and the same people say nothing.....

I have said my stance....I think both acts are foolish and show how stupid the people doing them are. Burning a flag.....who cares. Flushing the Koran....not my money. Piss on a Bible....doesnt bother me.

I wound never do any of these things....very unprofessional and shows how hypacritical people can be.....condone one and hate the other....
what a shame.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Again, Im at a loss....this is truly a shame.
What will you gain by this? Do you condone burning American flags?

If you don't then why is it ok for you to wipe with the Koran and it's cool for others to burn a flag?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Are you a Christian? Or of any other faith? If you are - and I am NOT judging you - I don't think you would find these comments to be funny, at all. No offense. Just respecting the religion of others as I would hope they would try to respect mine.

I am open minded about religion, but I have no faith even though I was raised Catholic. I give the Koran no more credit than a comic book, same for the Bible for that matter.

But I have the RIGHT to do anything to any book or banner or flag in my country, and defacing the Koran is as much my right as it was for those Muslims to deface my nation’s flag. So that’s what I will do, I will deface the Koran as a protest to Muslims defacing my nations flag. My logic is no less credible than those flag defacers. It’s actually the exact same logic.

I will post pictures for you, so you can see me exercising my freedoms just like those Muslims did.

Maybe I will even organize a Koran defacing event and videotape for world wide broadcast over the internet? Yes, that seems like the right thing to do, after all, its what the Muslims do....

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

[What will you gain by this? Do you condone burning American flags?

If you don't then why is it ok for you to wipe with the Koran and it's cool for others to burn a flag?

Its called sarcasm Sporty.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
skippytjc,

I see You are clearly Insulted by the way those Muslims treated Your Flag.

And its just a Flag for them, remember?

Just like Holy Qu'ran is just a Comic book for you.

Dont you think that by wiping your behind, you are no better then those people, you were so insulted by?

Do two Wrongs make it Right?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
We don't really care if they burn our flag but I wonder how would the Muslim countries would start feeling if we started bruning their flags? I bet it wouldn't be as a nice and humble reaction as the US would respond.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dances With Angels
We don't really care if they burn our flag but I wonder how would the Muslim countries would start feeling if we started bruning their flags? I bet it wouldn't be as a nice and humble reaction as the US would respond.

I dont think Muslims give that big of a deal for their Flags as the Americans do - like, the Flag must never Touch the Ground and stuff.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
skippytjc,

I see You are clearly Insulted by the way those Muslims treated Your Flag.

And its just a Flag for them, remember?

Just like Holy Qu'ran is just a Comic book for you.

Dont you think that by wiping your behind, you are no better then those people, you were so insulted by?

Do two Wrongs make it Right?

No, two wrongs don’t make a right. But that argument is the same for those Muslims. Defacing that flag didn’t make their issues go away. Its funny how you use the old "two wrongs..." adage to comment on my proposal, but you didn’t feel it necessary to make the comment protesting what those Muslims did to my nations flag, even though its the same context.

Agendas agendas agendas...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join