It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we survive living with aliens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
Considering the instinctive human desire to protect it's own clan at the expense of others, and our inability to accept the differences among ourselves, could we survive a long term visit to an alien planet?

Aliens could be very, very different from us. Even if they're friendly, they could be very strange. Is the human animal capable of accepting that strangeness and survive an environment that would challenge our ideas of what's normal and what isn't?

Living on an alien world would be culture shock beyond anything a human has ever known. The question is - are we up to the challenge, or are we stuck on Earth forever because of our own psychological limitations?

Humans are known for adapting, but does adaptation go that far?

Think about this , if you were born there , would anything there shock you .

There would be no culture shock if that is what you knew as reality.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ya know, maybe I was a bit hasty the other day to say that if aliens were like my old roommate, then I wouldn't want to go to their party. I mean, that's what parties are like, ya know. Those blue and red cups everywhere: Crunch! Have you ever bit into one of those before? You can get hurt!! I wonder if aliens would charge you to get into their pary. I mean, what if they don't even use currency? And if they do, what kind do they accept? The world markets are strong on the dollar, yen and euro, but maybe they prefer the Nigerian Naira. I don't have any Naira. Does anyone know a good site where I can change my money? I know there are all those scams going around with the Nigerian businessman. Maybe I should ask them next time I get an email from one of them. You know, my friend got an email from one of them and wrote back, "sure, I'll help you". It was funny, but I told him to be careful, because it might really be aliens emailing us. That's why I think that they might prefer the Naira.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
right... and you people are being serious about all this?
do you not have brains or do you just choose not to use them?
i mean honestly, if you believe in this sort of thing, you truly have a screw loose.
re think your lives, and instead of worrying about how an alien is gonna get a job, why dont you?, since you obviously have too much spare time on your hands.
do something useful for the ACTUAL PEOPLE of this world (no, no darling, not aliens) and stop chatting breeze.
...and thanks for wasting my life whilst i read through all of that nonsense waiting for the punch line of "haha guys, only joking!"

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I for one would love the opportunity to visit an alien world< i would love the challange of adapting , even if the world was slightly hostile and you had to go outside occasionally with a suit on.
If the world was habitable and had a culture of good aliens then it would seem like aholiday to begin with, even if it was a working holiday, but the trouble is like any holiday after a long period of doing nothing you get homesick. But if your working then your mind is occupied and the experience is more pleasant than sitting infront of an alien porch night after night.
bring on the alien holiday brochure, sign me up

Bad aliens can keep their holidays though.... (bit like me and the Algrave, I hated that holiday)...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
First we need to learn to live with ourselves. Only then (i think) can we accept a new Race.

Myself, would happily sit with a man of any culture from earth.

i think the first emotion we would experiance is fear, then hatred, then acceptance- as with anything new.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join