It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long will it take for China to become a stronger military power then the U.S?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Seems to me whomever pushes the Button first Wins or mutually loses.

China is happy selling America and Canada everything at 70% less than we can do ourselves.

That is thanks Respectful President Regan. Seems he could not have known at the time what NFN status could cost Canada and the US in terms of manufacturing our own goods.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
How long will it take for China to become a stronger military power then the U.S?

Just as long as it takes Hilliary to take office and give away our military secrets to them like her husband did.
Banjo

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
China's military will NEVER be stronger than America's. You're all forgetting the most fundamental fact here. That is that Communism is a flawed system. China will never achieve the greatness of American might while remaining a communist nation, regardless of improving economic "freedoms."

The US will do whatever it takes to stay on top. We didn't get this far by shaking hands and kissing babies. We're willing to step on as many throats as it takes to stay #1!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Why do Americans hate the Chinese for being good at making money? Also why do you want to kill them for doing so, looks like you need a shrink i think.Looks like America wants to kill of the competition because it cant compete. America has become a Nation that would rather bomb someone than compete with them according to these posts.

why compete when you can destroy? What did you think that we were building all of these bombs and new toys just so we can say that we have them?

We Built the NUKE ... then we USED the Nuke. The whole point to making bombs is to eventually use them.

If you want a defensive arsenal all you need is about 5 nukes pointed at whoever attack you first... everything else is for The Offensive War Machine

Sorry, but the weapons manufacturors and Haliburton NEED TO GET PAID!

*Sarcasm *

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I see China flexing it's muscle against Japan first. The latest rise in rhetoric on both sides as well as the increased probing of Japanese territorial waters by both China and the Koreas (North and South) has all the signs of vultures circling a dying animal.

When the US economy finally tanks from either the shock of Japan going belly up, or a sustained economic attack by China, I would see a quick annexation of Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore by the Chinese. Further forays into Indonesia and the Phillipines could create an economic zone with access to a wealth of natural resources. Then a case of bide your time before the first ships with red flags begin landing in CA.....

When Sun Tzu wrote his books he wasn't the teacher, but the student. The strongest military isn't the one with the most technology and nukes. It's the one with the biggest hunger to win. See the state of division in the US and the nationalistic fervour in China and ask yourself, who has the most hunger to win?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You really think that the U.S. economy will collapse and that no one else in the world is going to be affect? And that china wont be affect by that? Your story about china invading CA is so funny I’m not even going to respond to it.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
You really think that the U.S. economy will collapse and that no one else in the world is going to be affect? And that china wont be affect by that? Your story about china invading CA is so funny I’m not even going to respond to it.

You never know, they might come and liberate you from your oppressive regime.

Any large economy's crash will of course affect everyone. The point I was making was that after the world-wide crash those unified in purpose (say...China) would easily take on a divided country like the US.

Start practicing bowing and using chopsticks!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
I cant understand your logic, if China becomes rich and powerful you assume it will attack America, what for?Why should they ?

Dear Bulldog and WestPoint, read the Cal Thomas article I posted. That is but one voice out of many. One whom I greatly disagree with at times for his loony right-wing stances. Guess what, though? In the matter of China's rise and motives (underlined in the book "China: The Gathering Threat" by Constantine Menges, Ph.D.) he's dead on.

After studying this situation for over a decade I can tell you, Menges knows what he's talking about.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

would easily take on a divided country like the US.

Our political views wont mean anything if someone tries to invade us I guarantee you that if America is rally threatened that political divisiveness would disappear real quick. At the end of the day we are all Americans. Its the Chinese who learn to speak English not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Our political views wont mean anything if someone tries to invade us I guarantee you that if America is rally threatened that political divisiveness would disappear real quick.

I wasn't talking about political divisions. The hungry bellies of tired brow-beaten people vs. Fascist state police in black riot gear do not worry about politics.

Its the Chinese who learn to speak English not the other way around.

How's your Chinese? At least they make the effort......

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
WestPoint, have you read that Cal Thomas article I linked? You really should. It's an excellent read. (And you can't say it's a liberal source!
)

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Folks there is a bigger picture here...................in regards to the aggressive behavior of either China (do we dare say India too?) and the US in the future.......

I'll give you the math.......then you figure out where to go with it......

The US enjoys an overall 10 fold increase in the income/quality of life verses the rest of the World as a whole..........

US has approximately 4-5% of the World's population.......................but at the same time our standard of living uses 27% of the World's oil and up to 60% of various natural resources in the World to maintain that standard........................

In fact, a human born in the US will use up about 28 square miles of the surface of the Earth in natural resources as a consumer throughout their lifetime..........

Okay...........now China with 1.2 billion people are a fast developing economy.............Add India and you have 2 billion people.........

It has been estimated if those two countries alone attempt to reach a standard of living found in the US then we would need the resources of 3 whole Earth's combined to be able to accomplish this feat...........

What are we going to tell them?.......

.......No you can't have our quality of living standard?......

........No you can't have anymore oil or cars?

Now ask yourself if there will be any conflict in the future over the World's resources as the massive populations of undeveloped countries seek a quality of living at our standards............

There's your problem..............

But because we humans as a species can't act in a responsible manner.........we will continue to reproduce more than needed without concern of what it means to the environment or this planet's resources.......and that will lead to a Worldwide game of musical chairs with our natural resources..........but in this game once the shortage of the chairs start.........everyone loses..........

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
futuretense I see your point but it does not take technological advancements into account. What if in 50 years we can manipulate the weather to grow corn all over africa? Or clone super-nutritious chickens by the billions?

I agree with you about the ever-increasing demands for resources, and if we don't develop some renewable energies, look forward to world wars for oil.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by futuretense
Folks there is a bigger picture here...................

US has approximately 4-5% of the World's population.......................but at the same time our standard of living uses 27% of the World's oil and up to 60% of various natural resources in the World to maintain that standard........................

Okay...........now China with 1.2 billion people are a fast developing economy.............Add India and you have 2 billion people.........What are we going to tell them?.......

.......No you can't have our quality of living standard?......

(

Excellent Post ... I have never seen it displayed that simply before. Something must be done NOW to slow down China and India's growing economies ... or else the WEST is screwed!

I doubt that there will ever be an American President that will ALLOW one or both of these Nations to take the #1 Spot away from us.

There will be WAR in the future ... because Americans will NEVER give up their STANDARD of LIVING!

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happyness!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wanting to nuke China to preserve the American way of life is whats making other countries think that America has lost it. Perhaps you might want to treat the Chinese like you want to be treated, perhaps they live under a communist Government, but they are still people who have family's and want the best out of life. Americans want to kill people to support there living standards, im not with you anymore your evil.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Maybe you don't understand the above post its not possible under current tech and situations for the world to support another 2 billion people having our living standards. Its natures laws survival of the fittest and natural selection.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Maybe you don't understand the above post its not possible under current tech and situations for the world to support another 2 billion people having our living standards. Its natures laws survival of the fittest and natural selection.

I agree with you.

Only as far as I am concerned the Chinese are more focused and commited to that goal. The US and western society has become too complacent. Just look at the "gimme-gimme-gimme" generation coming up through the system right now. They are convinced of their God-given right to have everything handed to them on a plate.

Could you accuse the young Chinese professional earning 100 bucks a month and trying to stay ahead of the pack of the same complacency?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Interesting posts to mine...........thanks for the replies

A few comments to add here.........

Yes, technology can help us extend our ability to provide from Earth's natural resources to an ever demanding World population and increaing standard of living........but can technology and its application to that demand out race the demand itself??

Seems to me that we will be fighting before we will be solving those problems..........

Does the current generation in America recognize and have the will to defend their life, liberty and happiness?..............Well perhaps each new generation is criticized by the one before as being uncommitted to such ideals but this country has always risen to the occassion in the past..........One must wonder today however....... we have experienced prosperty since the close of WW2 for so long that you wonder how complacent and apathic we are as a country today............To be honest........I see our problems in maintaining the republic we live in becoming more of an issue with our own internal problems than external pressures. If we continue to become an ever increasing society of the irresponsible and uneducated, eventually we will be ripe for domination by an outside source............this is not an immediate issue but 50 to 60 years out?...........

Another response...........yes America has become a great power with a high standard of living.............we have a right to defend that but do we have a right to exclude others on this planet from experiencing the same thing?? Again.........the answer is population control..........

........as a dominant species on this planet we have become more like a cancer to the Earth than a caretaker of it................

Unfortunately, because of political, social and/or religious convictions, voluntary population control will never take place...............and I don't subscribe to manditory control and/or its resulting genecide.........

I'm afraid there is no answer short of individual conviction of everyone on this planet to exercise such responsiblities...............and we can't even do that in one city in the US let alone the whole planet.........

I fear for the future because of this growing problem................

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Its the Chinese who learn to speak English not the other way around.

Right! Exactly! Know thy enemy...

Peace

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Serum39]

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Serum39]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

China's military will NEVER be stronger than America's.

How can you say that? No one knows what will happen in the future. Just think of all the other things that people have said will never happen, but did.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join