It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superluminal Transmission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I had a hard time deciding whether to post this in the conspiracy or science forum due to the duality of it... I hope I chose wisely.

Is anybody else interested in the topic of superluminal transmission? I became familiar with the concept when I saw an old episode of "Unexplained Mysteries" which told the story of Phillip 'Taylor' Kramer; a former rock star bassist from Iron Butterfly who also happened to be a rocket scientist with a genius IQ.

He was the son of a respected mathmetician, and his father initially planted the idea of transmitting data faster than the speed of light in Phillip's head. Late in life, he picked up on his father's work and claimed to be nearing a breakthrough. Problem was, he was also exhibiting some signs of a mental illness, erratic behavior etc... He believed he was being watched, followed... He told his family what to do if he should ever disappear etc...

One day, he went to the airport to pick up a friend, but never made it to the rendezvous. Disappeared into thin air.

For several years, people speculated about what had happened. He was a rocket scientist who had worked on Reagan's MX Missile and he had worked on the Space Shuttle Program, so conspiracy theories abounded about the CIA abducting him, etc... But the most popular theory was that he was killed due to the value of his technological innovation -- superluminal transmission.

Years later, they found Kramer's mini-van at the bottom of a ravine, just off a deserted stretch of highway in California.

So, I guess the question is... is Superluminal Transmission possible? And if so, how would it change the world we live in? And is anybody else amazed by that fine line between Genius and Lunacy?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yes, I think superluminal communication is possible, through a few ways, these being:

1. Tachyon signal piggybacking, using tachyons to send communication.
2. Quantum entanglement, which in my opinion is the more plausable, which in theory could be used for instintaneous communication anywhere in the universe.

I think it would have a profound effect on the world, and make it a little better.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
FTL anything isn't really possible, unless you're space. You ain't getting anything through it. At any rate,
1. Tachyons? Tachyons are crap, nothing, false, nada.
2. Technically, although for it to work not only would be need to learn a lot more about how it works (like, anything) but a lot of work on the topic. One particle isn't going to send a message (uncertainty, anyone?) I'm willing to bet we'll be surprised to find it doesn't fix the problem.

Who says there's even a line between lunacy and genius?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Yes, I think superluminal communication is possible, through a few ways, these being:

1. Tachyon signal piggybacking, using tachyons to send communication.
2. Quantum entanglement, which in my opinion is the more plausable, which in theory could be used for instintaneous communication anywhere in the universe.

I think it would have a profound effect on the world, and make it a little better.

ABSOLUTELY!!!
I have been talking about this for a while now. Imagine cell-phones with no dead zones, ever anywhere, and without the noticeable delay . . . I give it another coupla decades and we will have exactly that. We will be able to communicate, in real-time with space probes, computers will be enormously faster . . . The future is VERY bright if we go Quantum.

-P

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Currently superluminal communication is still in the theoretical phase. However it looks promising.

scholar.google.com...

new topics

top topics

join