It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest PC Game Ever!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I finally got it again!!!! Seven Kingdoms Ancient Adversaries!!!!! I had it, d/l it from antagonist.com, then that site was shut down, and I got a new pc. I didn't have it, I searched for it. Store to store, site to site, nothing. But now, I GOT IT!!!!! Sure it is 1997, sure I had to mess with my computer to make the game think it is running off of Windows 95, but I got it!!!!!!

I love this game so much! I just played it for 3 hours, same mission, love it! Forget Starcraft, Warcraft, C&C Generals, Seven Kingdoms Ancient Adversaries, is so great!!!!!!!

*fixed caps lock title*

[edit on 9-6-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think the elder scrolls games were great. I think oblivion is going to blow everything away.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
My friend Jeff makes fun of me for it, the graphics suck compared to today, isn't C&C, and the company doesn't exist anymore as far as I know. But damn it, love this game!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The greatest game ever made by the hand of man is Fallout!!!! It is just great...................................................

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
StarCraft is the best RTS PC game ever made and lets leave it like that.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Arena was great, it's a shame it crashes so often on an NT platform. One of my favorite oldies but goodies is Darklands. Ooooooold school dos game that came out in '92, I think, but it's still a blast to play! I think you can still get it at www.the-underdogs.org... or abandonsoftware.com... .

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
C&C series was all good! Have almost all of them now. But my favorite game of all time was Heavy Gear 2.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The greatest game is

Official Site

Play it now!!!!!!!!!!! Its great! by far the best!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thats an easy one...Jet Set Willy.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'll have to say Diablo 2... Only because I can't experience any new games because my laptop is a peice of grabage!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Thats an easy one...Jet Set Willy.

What?! What about Hard Hat Mac?!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
we cant have just 1 best game, we need like 10 or 20 top games ever!

some of my favorite games are:

1. Beavis and butthead virtual stupidity(i know but it is fun)
2. Doom series (anything Doom related)
3. Outlaws Lucasarts
4. Quake
5. GTA series
6. Redneck Rampage (good for laughs)
7. Call of Duty
8. Max payne 1&2
9. most of the star wars games
10. Star trek Borg was a great puzzle

I am probably forgetting some great ones but ive been a hardcore PC gamer since the early 90's.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If we go way back, this is the first PC game I owned. Heck, this game is the reason I spent $800 CDN on a C64 over 20 years ago.

JUMPMAN!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Heh, my first "game" was Apple Works -- they had something on there I found entertaining, just don't remember what it was

My first actual factual game I got was Gary Kitchen's Game Maker which came with an editable version of Pitfall! Woah, sweet! That was a blast, make your own platform game, then dominate it. Whoop!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ooooh, Pitfall. I liked that one.

I also loved all the old SSI games and AD&D games. I must have played Questron about 50 times.

external image

The 80's rocked!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
lol I have a copy of Questron 2 that works on my 486. Very groovy! I also have Legacy Of The Ancients for the Apple ][e, which is just about the same game, but a precursor to it, so not as many options.

One thing I don't miss from the 80s are those darn code wheels. Lost mine for Pool of Radience, and it wasn't until just recently I was able to get a copy of the code wheel to finish that game. Oy! Lost Legacy's code wheel, too, but I have a cracked copy for the PC which requires just "1"s for the code.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
My favorite of all time would have to be Pitfall

But coming pretty close is Counter Strike Source

[edit on 20-6-2005 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Those are some great images, BlackJackal

Pitfall was a blast! But then, I was also entertained by Tron, QBert, Frogger, Taxman (spoof of Pac-Man), etc...

Long story short, JJ is easily entertained. I'm going to go back to fooling about with this scrap of paper now. When I fold this corner over like this, it looks kind of like a triangle. Wierd.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Argggh! Code wheels......

:bnghd:

I had completely forgotten about those. My sister used to hide them on me, because that's just the kind of thing little sisters do.
I still love her though.

I didn't finish Pools of Radiance and Secret of the Silver Blade until I upgraded to my smoking fast 286.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I still say oblivion is going to be the best. I really dont play a lot of pc games.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join