It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

true meaning of masonry

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Mrfixit, You are hilarious

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kleversdad
Read it yourself. I can't do all your thinking. the meaning of masonry by W.L. Wilmhurst publishesd in 1922. get it a b and N. Then talk to me. I have my copy on my lap, where's yours?

Ummmmm YOU started this thread, and THAT puts the burden of ANSWERING on you..........it's not the wat of ATS to start a thread and then shout down your detractors telling them to look for themselves. The burden of PROOF is on your head.

.......................just sayin

[edit on 9-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Mrfixit, You are hilarious

I also see NO merit in making fun of people. It's being dealt with.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Its nothing more then the dropping of Venus below the horizon line during the winter solstice on Dec 21st. Any other thinking I can do for you.

I just looked at the book description for "The Meaning of Masonry" on Amazon.com...

You won't find that barbage on my bookshelf.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

If you have been sitting in the Lodge then you understand what the dropping of the star in the east and its symbolism, please explain for us...? I would suggest you read "the meaning of masonry" by W.L. Wilmhurst published in 1922. Get it at Barnes and Noble. I am sure he would have Labled you a "sleeping" member

There is no “dropping of the star in the East” in Masonic Ritual. The only thing that happens in the East, is the sun rises, as does the Master of the Lodge, to set the Craft to work.

Are you alluding to Venus in hopes of starting another “Lucifer is the God of Freemasons?”

Read it yourself. I can't do all your thinking. the meaning of masonry by W.L. Wilmhurst publishesd in 1922. get it a b and N. Then talk to me. I have my copy on my lap, where's yours?

So possession of a single text has granted you insight and mastery of the arcane? This, on the premise that regurgitation of sublime thought invests you with some modicum of understanding.

So said the parrot.

Just so everyone can have their “own” copy. Aren’t online books grand?

www.freemasons-freemasonry.com...

The object of ATS is the exchange of information and ideas, not juvenile smugness, borne of poor self esteem and an inferiority complex.

Sleeping Member Monkeys, not just for being awakened anymore…

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
The object of ATS is the exchange of information and ideas, not juvenile smugness, borne of poor self esteem and an inferiority complex.

Sleeping Member Monkeys, not just for being awakened anymore…

Very well-said, my Simian brother.

Kleversdad: the only reason I asked you to explain it for us is because you brought it up. As a Freemason, I have never heard of such thing. You cannot assume that everybody knows what you're talking about. And, when they don't, you can't simply reply by telling them to look it up. Please do not waste our time like this. If you would like to discuss something, tell us about it first

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Like Seb said, don't COMMAND people to go out and spend money on some cheap book just because no one knows what in God's name you are talking about. Simply reply with a friendly attitude.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I also see NO merit in making fun of people. It's being dealt with.

Respectfully, I wasn't making fun of anyone. I know as do other Freemason's on this board there is no star falling in the east and I took the gentlemans post to be some sort of sick joke or trolling just to get someone's ire up. Sorry if anyone was offended.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think there is no need for you to apologize. You were, after all, just being sarcastic, not making fun of anyone.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well I certainly don't mean to offend anyone. It seems however anyone can get on here and say anything they want about Freemasonry and link or refer to some dubious at best source without recourse. Personally, I'm sick to death of being accused of devil worship and worse and I've only been a member of this site for a short period. Most of the "proof" that is posted is someone's half-baked idea about Freemasonry that hasn't ever set foot in a Lodge and it is refuted time and time again only to spring back up in the next thread. At times a little humor is needed to prevent a total collapse of any sanity that might be left. I must say most of you fellows and brothers have a lot more to offer in the patience department to offer than I.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You speak the truth, my freind.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrfixit
Well I certainly don't mean to offend anyone. It seems however anyone can get on here and say anything they want about Freemasonry and link or refer to some dubious at best source without recourse. Personally, I'm sick to death of being accused of devil worship and worse and I've only been a member of this site for a short period. Most of the "proof" that is posted is someone's half-baked idea about Freemasonry that hasn't ever set foot in a Lodge and it is refuted time and time again only to spring back up in the next thread. At times a little humor is needed to prevent a total collapse of any sanity that might be left. I must say most of you fellows and brothers have a lot more to offer in the patience department to offer than I.

I agree with you BUT give the staff the credit that we are due. We not only deal with posts outside the T&C but also participate when possible. Personally I see resistance from the Masons as well as the anti's. If you don't want to work with the staff, find another venue.

Sorry but it's getting tiresome to only have minimal co-operation. Long term members exempt, like that matters.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Oh I do give you much credit as you have infinitely more patience than I could ever hope for. I would have already booted many a person before now
. The mods on this forum all seem to be very open minded, fair and extremely patient that's a given! My hat is tipped to you.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Listen, I thought the star joke about the glue was pretty funny, I do have a sense of humor, And yes I have been to several lodges, and the Book I was refering to was written by a freemason for freemasons so it does surprise me that anyone connected to the lodge has not read the book. It offers valuable insight into to lodge in the early 1920's. It is also very allusive in its explanations and verifies that it has "secrets" better left untold. It also refers to the people who "go through the motions" by simply meeting once in a while to get away from the wife and kids and do a good deed here and there as "sleepers". Those who forgot why masonry was formed in the first place. So to shoot me down as misinformed when I have talked with freemasons before they were even considered anything other than the guys who drive small cars in parades and help kids. So to tell me I am uninformed on the subject is simply an ignorant assumption on your part. my masters degree in world religion would have to disagree.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

So to tell me I am uninformed on the subject is simply an ignorant assumption on your part. my masters degree in world religion would have to disagree.

No offense but, in my opinion, a Master's degree won't do much to make you well-informed on esoteric Freemasonry because, being an experience, one has to undergo the degrees in order to truly understand all that is involved in the process.

That being said, I do think you have a decent understanding of Freemasonry, but do not seek to gain all your information on the subject from one book. Masonic authors rarely speak for the fraternity as a whole and many are simply writing on THEIR interpretation of the Craft, from THEIR perspective and from THEIR experience. Freemasonry is very different in different parts of the world, and one author may have had very different experiences than the majority of masons from somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Kleversdad, acheiving a masters degree is a major accomplishipment, but I've nerver hurd of any college or university courses on relious studies covering free masonry.

It is intreaging that you have been to several lodges. If you are a mason, a requitement to be in lodge during meetings, why are your obsevations unique?

Yes, I have the book you refer to. I have read it, along with many others, but there is not any other openions to concure with those expressed. To date there are several openions as to the original meaning of several of the masonic symbals. In most cased the symblols are used to illistrate or to teach the various lessons.

By the way, if you are visiting lodges not in session, the explinations given to non-masons of the lodge room while true are offten not compleate.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
there is no such thing as freemasonry. just a bunch of old men holding hands and singing and eating together. there are no secret societies in this world today.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"Are you tired of not getting the information you're look for on the net? Wasting time looking at ads? Tired of fighting about conspiracies? If you want to further the discussion about Conspiracy Theories, come to conspiranoia.greatboard.com... RESEARCHERS WELCOMED!"

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What's this Guy Talking About?!?!?!?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Stonecutter

Please expand on your statement. Why do you say "there is no such thing as freemasonry?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join