It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Ideas To Create A More Perfect ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this question since becoming a member here.

I think that the ATS Point System is a complete waste. There should be some use for your points... i see people with actually Millions Of Points.

Once you have 10,000 points ... whats the point?

Here is my plan.

#1 - You can Create Cool and Subject-Matter Oriented Avatars,
Back-Grounds for Sale in the Member Center.

#2 - The Member Center needs to be completely Re-Worked and turned into a SHOP ZONE ... where you can use your points.

#3. - Can can Create a Game ... cheap little game like gallactiga where you shoot the aliens... but change the alien ships into Ufo's and your weapon is a gun mounted on the space shuttle.

#4 - You can SELL Smiley Faces instead of giving them away freely. AND ADD NEW SMILEY FACES!!! maybe aliens or something?

#5. - You should be able to GAMBLE your Points in some kind of game against other members.

#6. - I like to chat room ... but there must be another more creative way to turn ATS into more of a Community...than just a website.

#7 - Here's an idea ... how about a Trivia Game about conspiracy and Ufos and TITOR ...

#8 - The Ability to change my Website BACKGROUND COLOR ... this grey is depressing.

#9. - How about a JOHN TITOR only FORUM ???

#10 - This one is very important... say i make 100 posts in a day ... and then someone quotes me in one of the threads i would like an ALERT letting me know that the thread is waiting for a response from me. That would be great! Maybe an Automatic U2U ?

What do you all think ... and what are your ideas to create a more perfect ATS ???

[edit on 9-6-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
free tacos sent to me daily. yes!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It's not gonna happen dude.... the points system really isn't supposed to be such a big thing. I think the mods have mentioned this before. Oh and they already said no gambling. The game idea would be kinda a step down for ATs we're better than that. (We have PODcasts) The member center is a shop/u2u zone already.... whats the point of having more of a shop room? Trivia game.... ok idea but eliminate the Titor thing... I'm sick of it.

#6. - I like to chat room ... but there must be another more creative way to turn ATS into more of a Community...than just a website.

I don't really even understand that... can you re-explain?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

I think that the ATS Point System is a complete waste. There should be some use for your points... i see people with actually Millions Of Points.

No you don't.

Once you have 10,000 points ... whats the point?

to make yourslef look like your a top-notch poster, people will have more faith in you if your a good poster. but i also think that when you get to say 20,000 or 30,000, they should give a t-shirt away or something. That would rock and even be good advertising IMO.

#1 - You can Create Cool and Subject-Matter Oriented Avatars,
Back-Grounds for Sale in the Member Center.

#2 - The Member Center needs to be completely Re-Worked and turned into a SHOP ZONE ... where you can use your points.

#3. - Can can Create a Game ... cheap little game like gallactiga where you shoot the aliens... but change the alien ships into Ufo's and your weapon is a gun mounted on the space shuttle.

#4 - You can SELL Smiley Faces instead of giving them away freely. AND ADD NEW SMILEY FACES!!! maybe aliens or something?

#5. - You should be able to GAMBLE your Points in some kind of game against other members.

#7 - Here's an idea ... how about a Trivia Game about conspiracy and Ufos and TITOR ...

#8 - The Ability to change my Website BACKGROUND COLOR ... this grey is depressing.

#9. - How about a JOHN TITOR only FORUM ???

#10 - This one is very important... say i make 100 posts in a day ... and then someone quotes me in one of the threads i would like an ALERT letting me know that the thread is waiting for a response from me. That would be great! Maybe an Automatic U2U ?

What do you all think ... and what are your ideas to create a more perfect ATS ???

As for the rest... and i quote from my buddy cpr12r, "NO"

[edit on 6/8/2005 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

There is no such thing as more perfect.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
A good idea, but a little out there, scale it down and it might be realistic.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well...since your thinking up OTHER things that seem to allready be available here.....how about THIS new thought?
How about an adults chatroom? so us BOARING foggies won't be such a bother to the GAMER chat.....maybe the adult room would have A/V capabilities? Seeing your other chatters does bring people closer........I know some A/V chat sites that are VERY close knitt comunities in theyre own right. Flashers are instantly banned of course.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Awwwwww..... .no flashing...... TRg you wanna leave regular chat
you will make me :w::w:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
there are 2 other chat rooms, general chat is for the blah blha blah

a/v would turn this place into yahoo chat haha

cam show anyone? :p

only teh ladies can view mah cam!

how about worm hole tech so I can reach through and poke someone in their eyes mwahha muahahah muahahaha

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just one question Where2Hide2006: You have been a contributing member of this site for how long?

seekerof

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
For my two cents, something I've mentioned a couple of times and seen one or two other members mention is the creation of articles for individual forums that are handled like ATSNN submissions. Members vote on whether they're worthy or not, if they're accepted they get put into a kind of "reading room." In the reading room there's no worry about an article getting knocked down to where no one can find it any more.

There's a lot of good stuff buried really deep in the forums, and a lot of people may not know exactly what to search for. Besides, search for something like "Bush" or "Roswell" for example and see how many hits you get. There's a lot of random stuff there, but in there are some good articles with a lot of research.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
4 days in and youve got all these ideas already? you must think this site must suck. BTW all mods, and stuff, id really like to see t-shirts.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Just one question Where2Hide2006: You have been a contributing member of this site for how long?

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Seekerof]

That's the purpose of having too many points. Has to be some way to determine the dictatorship.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You are not your points.
You are not your post count
(waits for someone to complain about the captialization of "YOUR")

That is all

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Alright. Then what is the purpose, if it indeed is not to create a pecking order. "How long have you been here??", etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
so you can buy a fruity background like mine, if you wanna go ahead and base your self worth off of it then by all means go ahead.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Thats some background Lysergic.... Now i having backflashes from my youth... Look at the eyes of my avatar.... Ohh happy dayz.... And for the T-shirts of ATS, Thats a good idea. I'd like one to...

Edit: spelling

[edit on 9-6-2005 by sebastiaan]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Well...since your thinking up OTHER things that seem to allready be available here.....how about THIS new thought?
How about an adults chatroom? so us BOARING foggies won't be such a bother to the GAMER chat.....maybe the adult room would have A/V capabilities? Seeing your other chatters does bring people closer........I know some A/V chat sites that are VERY close knitt comunities in theyre own right.

Nothing like a Yahoo Cam Conference to bring people closer together, eh?
(I do not see that happening here by the way.)

Flashers are instantly banned of course.

Still stings does it?
Their loss is our gain I say! TheRiverGoddess for ATS streaker at large everybody!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Here's my Idea, start your own site if you dont like ATS.

Could you try to give it more than 4 days?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Mods and the admin will agree with me that all these points have been raised before and everyone agreed against it.

ATS is more then just a "website"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join