It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Enjoyed Crouching Tiger....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If you enjoyed the film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, I highly recommend House of Flying Daggers...

I recently viewed this film and was stunned by the beautiful imagery, balletic fight scenes and elegant script...

I'm not really giving anything away here, but what struck me most about this film at the beginning was the attention to emotional and physical details by the actors/actresses..

In particular, Zhang Ziyi's performance of a blind dancer/fighter was incredible - Her fight scenes are flawless and deadly accurate, but she clearly put double the effort in actually perfecting that blind stare, as there are many moments in the film when she is executing her movies perfectly without even looking in the correct direction....

Incredible stuff - Ya gotta see it to appreciate it...

Anyone else seen the movie? What's your feedback on it?

[edit on 6/8/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I a fan of this type of movie. Looks like something I need to add to my watch list. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i also heard a good review from my friend...

now, i want to see it

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I wanna see this and Hero, but my wife hates that stuff...so I think I'll rent it when she's off meeting with her college class team this weekend, hehe...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I saw this a while ago when it was on at the flicks here in the UK.

I was mesmirised by it, its an amazing film - the plot, the acting, the screenplay and the action are all fantastic.

The cinematography is absolutely jaw-dropping, eye candy of an unprecidented calibre. You need to see it on a huge cinema screen to fully experience the stunning and immersive visuals.

I would recommend this film to anyone, you don't have to be a fan of East Asian cinema to enjoy this movie; I was no fan beforehand.

Hero is a similarly stunning film in terms of it visuals and action. I enjoyed this film a great deal, but House Of Flying Daggers is easily the better film, due to its plot and pace.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ah ha....See - Highly praised by two thus far, and many now are simply in pure envy of use b/c we've seen it and they haven't......

Seriously though - You guys go rent it....NOW!

Gazrok - What?! How?! No.....It can't be true...lol - Well...next guy's night out you need to see this movie man

Let me know what you all thought of it when you get a chance....As Paul elaborated on - Simply a stunning movie, and in some respects it even surpasses Hero and CTHD

new topics

top topics

join