It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christianity and sol invictus meld of 300 b.c.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Do people just disregard that currently there are 68 versions of the bible and the fact that it is historically recorded that the essene belief of mystic nauturalism was combined with the pagan sun-god worhip of "Sol Invictus" in 300 b.c. by Cornelius the Great, a little fact that is left out of american history books. And that the only historical reference of Jesue outside of the "Bible" is the 12 lines that Josephus writes, which incedently are regarded as fakes outside of the Christian community due to the fact that Josephus was know to spend at least a chapter on a common criminal for pety theft but only had 12 "sloppy" lines in regard to the Saviour of the World. I am not interested in a fight over assumptions by Christians, although I will listen to an objective view of the fact by anyone be them Christian or not. I have studied all religions extensivly searching for truth. And if anyone Christian or not, can offer me any evidence to to sway me one way or the other without another "quote from the bible" I will listen. But offer me any other historical fact, not "heresay", back it up with scientific objective evidence, not something from Dr. James Dobson. I want NON Biased scientific proof or anything close to it other than the bible. thank you

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Good luck, and great post.

I doubt you will get any real proof.

It really makes you wonder how people can believe that the bible is the literal word of god.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I know its a futile challenge but, whatever gets em thinking.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kleversdad
......... I will listen to an objective view of the fact by anyone be them Christian or not. I have studied all religions extensivly searching for truth ............. I want NON Biased scientific proof or anything close to it other than the bible. thank you

god is a word we can disregard then, since it means a variety of things to a variety of opinionated people.

we'll replace the label "god" with what it is you are looking for "truth"

let us assume that "truth" was there in the beginning.

truth probably didn't want to be alone.

truth also needed to acknowledge it's own existance in some way.

perhaps truth created love with just a thought, because in order for truth to be eternal it would require that "truth" be constantly loving "truth".

so now "truth" knows in order for "truth" to exist forever it must be in a state of mind of "truth loves truth", for if truth did not love itself ..... ?

so now we have love

love needs it's polar opposite to have a purpose to exist

love's polar opposite: fear

fear recognized love

love needs to love fear in order to have a purpose to exist

but, fear's father could not recognize fear

fear was incomprehensable to truth

truth fearing truth?

so fear hated truth

truth couldn't comprehend hate either

fear and hate created even more emotions to combat truth, because fearing truth and hating truth were just not enough to be recognized by truth who could not comprehend them.

truth hating truth?

truth only knows it cannot be seperated from itself.

seperating truth?

seperating fact?

truth will always be truth, if truth loves truth

truth needs love

love needs fear

love needs to love fear because love needs a purpose aside from being stuck in the middle of truth, which can't be seperated from itself in the first place

love learned to fear hate

love came to battle fear and hate and all other negative emotions

love got twisted into lust and other mixtures of things unrecognizable to truth

truth looked at all truth created with a thought of love and saw:

love loves fear, but is not alone
fear fears love, but is not alone
fear loves love, but is not alone
love fears fear, but is not alone
love hates fear, but is not alone
fear hates love, but is not alone
hate hates love, and wants fear for hate's sake to exist

the square dance continued and truth saw none of them were alone, but they were all lost.

truth noticed truth was alone

truth saw that fear and hate and all they create are too much for love to handle

truth knows the truth is love is needed to correct the whole of what hate has created using fear as it's tool and lapdog

truth knows that only truth loving fear can dissolve fear and revoke hate's only tool strong enough to make love less than love is

fear cannot be permitted to turn to anger and contempt

truth loving truth loving fear loving truth

3 emotions, 7 states of existance in 1 state of mind

no offending
no sin
no hate
no judgement
no negativity

paradise

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I know its a futile challenge but, whatever gets em thinking.

no challenge is futile when armed with the truth.
no thought required, just some typing.

have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

And if anyone Christian or not, can offer me any evidence ...without another "quote from the bible" I will listen.

I think you just weeded out the 90% of bible quoting maniacs from this thread!

I hope Kleversdad is able to see the relevance of Esoteric Teacher's post. Cuz I sure dont.

So we have:

let us assume that "truth" was there in the beginning

I dont like that word either. Where did "truth" come from man?

love needs it's polar opposite to have a purpose to exist

No it doesnt. It has a purpose already according to you. To give "truth" a purpose to function. Circular Circular!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Do people just disregard that currently there are 68 versions of the bible and the fact that it is historically recorded that the essene belief of mystic nauturalism was combined with the pagan sun-god worhip of "Sol Invictus" in 300 b.c.

And that most of Jesus teachings had already been taught by buddha 500 years earlier.. trends took a while to catch on in those days.

Esoteric Teacher.. how many times do you need to post the same message? I've seen at least 3 posts now where you repeat the same thing.. and in this one you've just repeated the same lines in every variable possible.. as though we are little children that constantly need reminding.

god is a word we can disregard then, since it means a variety of things to a variety of opinionated people.

we'll replace the label "god" with what it is you are looking for "truth"

let us assume that "truth" was there in the beginning.

truth probably didn't want to be alone.

'Truth' is ALWAYS used as another word for god.. thing is everyone's 'truth' is different. Both words have been hoard to the point where it's been monopolised. Truth.. literally means fact.. it's not a persona and therefore can't get lonely. Now.. if it is 'truth' you are after.. a good foundation for enlightenment would be actually starting with facts- otherwise you are just spouting what you believe opposed to what can be verified.

top topics

join