It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why havent they attacked us yet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality
For all those not understanding: it's because aliens only exist in your immagination.

There is no crime in discussing the imaginings of the human mind. It is thru sharing such thoughts that each of us grow.

Oh I know, your going to say were growing in the wrong direction, but who are you to decide that for us?

It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing then to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

Allow us our whims, please.

Wupy

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
When I think about it, If greys or nordics or whatever alien races are watching and studying us, it's more of a expirement than zoo. Sometimes I think that evolution of man was somehow accelerated which is why fossil evidence is so lacking, though in no way is this my original idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Maybe it's none of the above. Maybe IF they are here, they'rt still in recon mode. Even the abilty to move between stars doesn't mean it's a short trip or an easy one. We are still pretty young as a race and probably just as easy to conquer. But with the distances and the amount of resources to expend on an interstellar journey, They could be still watching and figuring out what we might be good for. Exploitation, domination, or peaceful trade.

Eh, aliens probably not really here anyway. (Yet.)

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There are all kinds of possible reasons:

1. They are inherently peaceful.

2. Too few in numbers; possibly just a scouting force

3. Scientific or other observation mission

4. We have nothing they need; we're not worth bothering about

5. We do have something they need, or may need in the future, and they will prefer to bargain

6. They may need us and want to be allies or trading partners (at some future time)

7. Economic cost of mounting a sizable expedition from home planet is prohibitive; a few scouts or representatives is all that's feasible

I can probably think of more, but you get the drift. Your assumption that they must be hostile is entirely speculative. Too many Hollywood movies, perhaps.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
welp amigos, either way it is up to them whether or not their is peace or war, and thats only if aliens do exist. If the time comes though man, I'm ready to open up a can of whoop a$$ baby

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think there's a Marine recruiting sergeant that would like to talk to you, 321cba, if its action you're looking for. Why don't you sign up?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
my man, I don't fight my human brothas and sistas, and I won't fight my alien brothas and sistas unless they are planning human genocide

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
backtoreality

your acting like you know the facts about the entire universe but..
your behind the times

in case your not aware; the statistical probability of aliens existing is astonishing
example : the Drake Equation
www.activemind.com...

"The Drake Equation was developed by Frank Drake in 1961 as a way to focus on the factors which determine how many intelligent, communicating civilizations there are in our galaxy. The Drake Equation is:

N = N* fp ne fl fi fc fL"

the website allows you to tinker with the variables of the equation

just for example ; i did an extermely conservative estimate for my equation
N*= 200billion stars
fp = fraction of stars with planets around them = 1%
ne = number of planets per star ecologically able to sustain life = 0.33%
fl = fraction of those planets where life actually evolves = 0.0001%
fi = the fraction of fl that evolves intelligent life = 0.0001%
fc = the fraction of fi that communicates = 0.0001%
fL = the fraction of the planet's life during which the communicating civilizations survives: 1 / 1,000,000,000th (10 years)

in this extreme conservative estimate we have
N = the number of communicating civilizations in the galaxy =
6.6000000000000005e-19

now as you should see; the odds are definatly in favor of such phenomena as "intelligent aliens"
the universe is of incredible size!

for someone to say something like:
"i know as a fact that aliens do not exist even tho i have never been to any other planets and searched them one bit" is a bit rediculous

when dealing with aliens; there are no "facts" just yet
we dont know anything about them

we have probablilitys and speculations however

It is Probable that Alien life exists in some form or fashion.
It is less probable; but still possible; that alien life can become intelligent like humans.
It is even less probable, but still possible; that alien life can be currently visiting earth.

It is ok to be skeptical and in fact i Encourage it.
But becoming an extremist is not the point.

You cannot be a rational scientific mind when you become an extremist in anything, even skepticism.
It is a logical inconsistancy. Its worth pointing out.
Science seeks answers by examination and verification; but jumping the gun and claiming "aliens dont exist anywere" before you have had the oppurtunity to closely examine every corner of the universe is totally unscientific and completely irrational. The true scientific answer is "we dont know Yet".

Do not take a "idea" as a personal thing. It is an idea and anyone can have it or discard it as such. No one owns it.

Just think about what ive said ; for just one minute. Thats all I ask.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join