It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does our mind make it all happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Princeton has been working on global consciousness research. See:

noosphere.princeton.edu...

What I've been wondering is does the global consciousness react to what happens in the world, or does it actually cause it? Good thoughts globally cause good things to happen, bad thoughts cause bad things to happen, and so on.

Scientists have been confused at the source of sexual attraction between individuals because assessments are made too quickly for it to be a conscious reaction. Perhaps some exchange is going on beyond the physical world.

Perhaps a lot of 'chance' that happens in the world is actually cause and effect from some exchange in the consciousness sphere.

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
Princeton has been working on global consciousness research. See:

noosphere.princeton.edu...

What I've been wondering is does the global consciousness react to what happens in the world, or does it actually cause it? Good thoughts globally cause good things to happen, bad thoughts cause bad things to happen, and so on.

Here' another globalspirit.org...">Link globalspirit.org...

IMO "Global Consciousness" is just the latest buzz word ; the concept has been around forever but now it is the next big thing. It seems to me somewhat neurotic to believe that we are the cause of "bad" things happening in the world because we are not chipper enough or feeling fulfilled spiritually, don't you think? Like children, blaming themselves for the death of a parent because they had said or thought mean things about them.

Scientists have been confused at the source of sexual attraction between individuals because assessments are made too quickly for it to be a conscious reaction. Perhaps some exchange is going on beyond the physical world.
What do you think?

I used to think it was more a combination of factors; chemistry(pheromones) and our natural tendency to bond with the opposite sex.
Now I'm not so sure, maybe past life memories have something to do with it; but I don't think so. More likely it's just our deep deep desire to get laid

Seeker

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well, all "mysteriousness" aside, if the majority of people actually really cared about their fellow man, then "good" things would be happening all the time...just one example: there is more then enough food in the world to feed everyone, yet people are starving everyday...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You can do a google about conscious creation, law of attraction, reality creation, chaos magick etc... To find out if it's our mind that creates everything.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I guess what seems odd to me is how things sort of cluster together. Like we'll have a long period of time when nothing bad really happens, then we get a deluge. And sometimes I think some of the things that happen in life are like wish fulfillment. An if you want it bad enough, it happens kind of thing.

Studies have shown that prayer does have an effect on sick patients, so perhaps the mechanism involved (if you're not the religious type) could be some extra-physical consciousness interaction. Or if you're the religious type, perhaps it's the power of God in us that creates an extra-physical power to heal people - it creates an extra-physical conduit through which the power flows.

I think there's a whole lot of what goes on in the world that we don't yet understand. Like what the heck makes intertwined particles react the same to external events long after said particles are separated and have no direct interaction with each other? Some extra-physical interaction?

And while I would agree that the obvious plays a role in instinctive behavior (like sexual attraction), it doesn't explain research that shows people often react to danger before the event itself actually happens. Unless something extra-physical is going on, that's not possible. I regret I don't have a link to those studies I read.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh

noosphere

What do you think?

take the present situation of USA & friends, in Iraq.
it seems the neocons, PNAC, and the born-again/ Dominionists/ Salvationists...have gotten ahold of 1 major super-power
and are intent of manipulating the world scene into a
manufactured & orchestrated end-time Armageddon scenario.

? is this a try at self-fufilling prophecy? the cause or the effect?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Now what might really make you wonder is if all those folks secretly THINKING about invading Iraq might have caused the backlash around the world before the fact, so folks were set in their opinion before the discussion ever started. Pre-determined by their plotting in advance ...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
You can do a google about conscious creation, law of attraction, reality creation, chaos magick etc... To find out if it's our mind that creates everything.

Thank you for sharing those ideas with us.
I looked up several of them and could be reading for hours.

I think we are all linked subconsciously. I also think our subconscious is not bound by time. The subconscious is a vast, untapped resource.

I think that global consciousness idea needs intent. If 50 people think the same thoughts, as in prayer, but are not sincere, it would not be as strong a force as 50 people sincerely commited to the same idea.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I think that global consciousness idea needs intent. If 50 people think the same thoughts, as in prayer, but are not sincere, it would not be as strong a force as 50 people sincerely commited to the same idea.

Yes this is key I believe.
I think it is ALSO true for groups of people affraid of something. All the energy behind the fears can cause them to manifest IMO.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
So maybe some quiet meditation could avert some of the bad stuff we see in the world every day?

All you have to do is study quantum physics to start to wonder how 'real' real is. If reality isn't quite as solid as we believe it to be, then some consciousness work could potentially alter it.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

***yes, yes and yes. Everything is interactive - has a ripple effect. But your perception/thoughts/etc create your reality. Also, your reality IS your perception of that reality.

And not just on a global basis - each of us individualy.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Probably why people can pick up negative vibes

top topics

join