It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Charge Father, Son With al-Qaida Link (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A FBI terrorism investigation in Lodi CA., has led to the arrests of a father and son who said he trained at an al-Qaida camp in Pakistan for potential attacks on U.S. hospitals and supermarkets, authorities said. Federal investigators believe a number of people committed to al-Qaida have been operating in and around Lodi, FBI Agent Keith Slotter said today. Two local (Lodi) Muslim leaders also have been detained on immigration violations.

abcnews.go.com
A terrorism investigation in this quiet farming town has led to the arrests of a father and son who said he trained at an al-Qaida camp in Pakistan for potential attacks on U.S. hospitals and supermarkets, authorities said.

Federal investigators believe a number of people committed to al-Qaida have been operating in and around Lodi, a wine-growing region about 30 miles south of Sacramento, FBI Agent Keith Slotter said Wednesday. He would not elaborate.

Slotter added that investigators did not have information about any specific plans for an attack, and the father and son were charged only with lying to federal agents about the son's training at the al-Qaida camp. Two local Muslim leaders also have been detained on immigration violations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While it is good they caught them, I am very concerned that they only could arrest them for lying. Hopefully they can obtain more intelligence from them that will send them away for life. No doubt the other two that were arrested will at least be sent out of the country, which again is positive.

Related News Links:
www.tracypress.com

[edit on 6/8/2005 by shots]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If all stated is ture, that means there is a terror groop operating in the area. So I hope that the rest will be found. I supose the possibility of going to Cuba might be a big motavator to tell what you know, if nothing else I guess.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
www.lodinews.com...

The above is the actual criminal complaint with some interesting info on what lead up to the arrests.

join