It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Wants Global Gun Ban

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
"The U.N. is after Americans' Second Amendment gun rights – it wants gun ownership banned in the U.S., and it's not going to stop until it gets its way.

That’s the warning from the National Rifle Association’s Wayne LaPierre, who reveals that "for the first time in the history of the world, a United Nations conference has set its sights on global disarmament – disarming citizens worldwide – including you and me."
Source

I just found this today; although the source dates back to 2001 does anyone have any up to date information on this? Is the U.N. still trying to disarm people the world over? And most importantly do you think it would ever happen?

Other Sources;
www.minarchy.org...

Side Note:

Although I know NewsMax is not the most "unbiased" of online news, I do think this is an important information. Can we attempt to keep it civil.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Don't worry it's nothing it's just for our protection to keep us safe.... And oh yea the UN has no plans for a global take over it's just a conspiracy.

sarcasm...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
They've been after it for years, this is nothing the new, the chances are they will end up getting their way now

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well does anyone have any new reports? Meetings of these groups after 2001?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The UN can't take military action without the consent of the secuirty council, thus they can not enforce any such law on America without America's consent, which even under a left-leaning administration would not likely be forthcoming if and when the UN utterly failed to disarm the people of regions in conflict.

Of course I hate to sound like the bumper sticker off of a broken down old redneck mobile, but at the end of the day somebody has to come get the guns- or the ammo- and it's up to the individual gun owner to decide which of the two items the enforcers recieve from him.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The defuncto organization known as the United Nations wants alot of "global" considerations and implementations:

*They want a global tax.
*They want to control the internet.
*They want to mandate birth rates/birth control which equates to population control.

Etc.

Nothing new that they want a global gun ban.
In respect to the US, I suppose the UN has the authority to override the US constitution?

Not.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
As Seeker said, there is no real secret agenda here.

Ever seen this outside the UN?

I say we evict them! That's just me

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Heh, that'll be the day.

With the positive image the UN has right now with most gun owners in the US, I'm sure the response, even if the US decided to make it law, would be, "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers!"

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm going to beat a dead horse. Like SeekerOf said, the UN wants a lot. It often gets what it wants, too, but just doesn't bother enforcing it.

Imagine, if you will:

"And now referendum 18327, addressing referendums 18212, 17943, 17463, 17344 - 17332, and 17311, referendum to enforce the referendum enforcing the referendum .... enforcing the referendum demanding the US disarm. In this proposal, we're changing "or face consequences" to "or face dire consequinces". All in favor?"

Everyone votes, and the diplomats go home happy, knowing they made the world safer.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Nice statue. One more reason that I dream of seeing the UN building burn to the ground- while the general assembly is in session.

I'd like to erect a statue of an undamaged weapon pointed right at the building, perferably right next to that statue of the knotted gun.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
A Howitzer would do nicely....

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
A Howitzer would do nicely....

Yes, and aim it at Kofi Anans office.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Just my opinion here, but most Americans would protest big-time if guns were taken away.

What they'll probably do--and are doing--is making sure that school shootings, etc., get all the publicity they can. Make sure they highlight any crimes committed with guns. I think they're going to make people want to give up their guns.

Either that or they'll go after registered gun owners.
Didn't they do something like that in Nazi Germany?

And lest everyone forget--here in America, the Second Amendment IS your gun permit!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't know what the UN is up to, but I can tell you that anyone from outside the US thinks that the US gun culture (or cult, if you will) is one of the weirdest things about the US. Nowhere else will you find an organization like the NRA, willing to argue that possession of machine guns is a citizen's right. Frankly, in Canada, one of our most serious crime issues is the smuggling of guns from the US into Canada. Of course, easy availability of guns in the US hurts the US more than us, but we all wish you would wake up to the problem.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well at the moment there has been an increase in the number of violent crimes involving guns that are gaining massive publication by the media. This process is the same as what they did in Great Britain during the periods of 1994 to 1997 till the Labour Government disarmed us and it seems to now be happening in America as well.

If you believe the link between the U.N. - Banks - Media, idea that has been floated about on this forums this does help to display it. Although they won't vanish over night I personnaly think soon you'll see more bills being passed, limiting ownership or making it hard; state by state first until they can do it Nationally.

I myself? I would fight for my rights as should every American on this forum. Gun control doesn't work; but a good education on when guns should or should not be used does work as is the case with Switzerland, Norway, etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Umm yes most of us american citizens are well aware of the drive to protect us from ourselves by taking our guns.... hence why since the emergency assault weapons Executive order by clinton expired there has been a near constant 3 to 6 month backorder of assault rifles by every major manufacturer. Honestly I'd like to see someone try and enforce even a reduction from what little we can still buy or mandatory registrations...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I've seen this coming way back, the reason they want to get rid of guns is so there is not resistance when the NWO take over.

Americans won't give up there guns, at least not with out a reason, thats why the NWO will manufacture a crisis.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The UN has no plan to make gun ownership illegal. It does have some programs that try to restrict the sale of small arms and illegal arms in the developing world, since, ya know, people keep buying guns, arming armies, and killing everyone in the neighbhoring towns.

And the UN is certainly not trying to get rid of the 2nd US ammendment or anything like that. The claim from the NRA is pretty baseless.

vagabond
The UN can't take military action without the consent of the secuirty council, thus they can not enforce any such law on America without America's consent

There is no such UN Resolution anyway.

amethyst
Didn't they do something like that in Nazi Germany?

I think that the story is that the nazis revoked public gun ownership before seizing real power.
Equating the UN with the Nazis is pretty silly tho.

What they'll probably do--and are doing--is making sure that school shootings, etc., get all the publicity they can

Who? The UN? The UN runs broadcast news? This is new.

Odium
This process is the same as what they did in Great Britain during the periods of 1994 to 1997 till the Labour Government disarmed us and it seems to now be happening in America as well.

Englischers have no legal right to own guns. Its not part of their laws. Heck, they are still, legally, ruled by a monarch, all laws are subject to the monarch, the monarch appoints representatives to the various dominions (governor generals and the like). The United Kingdom is very different from the United States, the US has, as a fundamental right, that can't be revoked, that isn't even something extended by the state to the public but is 'inalienable', the right to bear arms (in a well organized militia). You cannot remove gun owndership in the US without an ammendment, which is simply never going to happen. What can happen is that restrictions by the states can be put on gun owndership and the like.
To wit, the UN is not trying to remove anyone's right to gun ownership, anywhere. As far as I am aware, the only 'anti-gun' things that they do is in trying to limit the sales of small firearms and sometimes military grade weapons in countries that are wracked with violence and civil strife. They don't supersede that countries laws and make guns illegal.

Well at the moment there has been an increase in the number of violent crimes involving guns that are gaining massive publication by the media

Considering that there have been massive, horrible bouts of gun violence, this seems appropriate no? If a student goes nuts and blasts away a bunch of other kids, or there are gangs that rove down streets and shoot the block up, thats newsworthy isn't it? Wouldn't it be more of a conspiracy if those things were covered up?

alexofskye
the US gun culture (or cult, if you will) is one of the weirdest things about the

I thought that the Swiss were rather gun obssesed, and that the scandanavian countries also prided their independence and gun culture? Not to mention that there are large gun markets in waziristan where the locals are very proud of their guns. Also, the rich in many arabian countries, at least in the past that I am aware of, were big on hunting and gun owndership.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
"bumper sticker.......old redneck mobile"

I'll go ya one better....."How about pry it it from my cold dead hand"???

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

As the October issue of the NRA magazine, "American Rifleman," phrases it, the UN is "preparing a binding international treaty that could transform your Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms into empty words. Because if ratified by the United States, it would instantly become domestic federal law."

The UN and IANSA are most assuredly pursuing actions to achieve regulations over small-arms proliferation, Peters says. But "the thing that the NRA sees as so threatening to them is something that most people in the world see as a completely reasonable level of regulation." IANSA and other such "civil society" organizations have been working through the UN "to try to get some international norms established," she says.
Article

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
We didn't?

What about the Bill of Rights of 1689
freedom [for Protestants] to bear arms for self-defence, as allowed by law.

We actually did; we just had it changed in 1997. You could not remove this law without an amendment but it happened. Earlier in the 50's people said it would never happen when it was first tried.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join