It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's biggest hacker arrested while trying to hack for information of UFOs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
www.thisislondon.com...

A London man described as the "world's biggest computer hacker" has been arrested.

Gary McKinnon, 39, was seized by the Met's extradition unit at his Wood Green home.

The unemployed former computer engineer is accused of causing the US government $1billion of damage by breaking into its most secure computers at the Pentagon and Nasa. He is likely to be extradited to America to face eight counts of computer crime in 14 states and could be jailed for 70 years.

Most of the alleged hacking took place in 2001 and 2002. At one stage the US thought it was the work of the al Qaeda terror network.

Friends said that he broke into the networks from his home computer to try to prove his theory that the US was covering up the existence of UFOs.

He is accused of a series of hacking offences including deleting "critical" files from military computers. The US authorities said the cost of tracking him down and correcting the alleged problems was more than £570,000. The offences could also see him fined up to £950,000 if found guilty on all charges.

The charge sheet alleges that he hacked into an army computer at Fort Myer, Virginia, where he obtained codes, information and commands before deleting about 1,300 user accounts.

Other systems he hacked into included the Pentagon's network and US army, navy and air force computers.

Reports when he was first indicted said that McKinnon found his career as a computer engineer tedious.

One message updating old schoolfriends on a website read simply: "Computers (Yawn)".

Friends said he was desperate to prove that the Americans had mounted a huge cover-up to deny his belief that aliens had visited earth.

Andrew Edwards, who has known McKinnon since their days together at Highgate Wood comprehensive, said in 2002: "Gary told me all he was doing was looking for proof of a cover-up over UFOs.

"He's been interested in UFOs for some time and believes the Americans are holding back information - although he didn't find any proof."

it looks like the smoky man strikes again. u can never be able to get the information u wanted to prove UFOs exist through the internet. the government controls it. this guy dig himself into a deep hole until he realize it was futile.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already posted here

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
LOL hilarious. He deleted 1,300 user accounts. I bet that why they got so pissed at him. Man i know if i was the admin and i got hacked i would of been. As for getting any info, sorry but the only way it is going to be given is paper. I find it so funny that all these nut hackers think anything remotely classified would be located on or near a computer with internet access. Just baffles the mind.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Already posted here

Also here:

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join