It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it OK to kill a woman, but not a baby?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
really, did you have other's like 2 and three year olds, that you were in charge of caring for well you spent those 2 weeks handicapped. if so, who took care of them? how would they have fared if there was no one there to care for them....

the husband's body is his wife's....
the wife is to obey her husband in all things, the husband is to love his wife like himself.
ya right..sure....god has endowed the husband with the physical strength, and society has endowed him with the economic strenth. so what if I can use his body as I like, he can still use mine as he likes!! guess you're saying I can castrate him if I like and that will be perfectly acceptable in God's eyes?

the health and welfare of the mother:

ANYTHING that will infridge upon her ability to take care of herself and those who under her care!! death is a good example, being bed ridden is another.

care to define the word iminent threat and weapons of mass destruction now?

and, you admit yourself, it was your husband who decided how many children you will have! if he had want 6 and you wanted only 2, would he have been so willing?

sorry, scattered brains can make lots of errors, thus the many edits!

[edit on 3-10-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

the husband's body is his wife's....
the wife is to obey her husband in all things, the husband is to love his wife like himself.

Yep--husband loves wife.

ya right..sure....God has endowed the husband with the physical strength, and society has endowed him with the economic strenth. so what if I can use his body as I like, he can still use mine as he likes!! guess you're saying I can castrate him if I like and that will be perfectly acceptable in God's eyes?

I think you know what it really means. Women are endowed with a greater pain threshold, and with motherly instincts.

the health and welfare of the mother:

ANYTHING that will infridge upon her ability to take care of herself and those who under her care!! death is a good example, being bed ridden is another.

Death hardly occurs as a result of pregnancy, at least here in America. That's a smokescreen put up by the pro-abort crowd (obviously ectopic pregnancy is the exception). Being bedridden--so what, you get over it. It's not the baby's fault. The baby is completely innocent. I had to get around the mall in a wheelchair the last two weeks. Would you have recommended I kill my son--because of my health?

care to define the word iminent threat and weapons of mass destruction now?

You're likening a pregnancy to WMDs? I think someone's gone off the deep end! Did your mom know she was carrying a potential WMD there?

and, you admit yourself, it was your husband who decided how many children you will have! if he had want 6 and you wanted only 2, would he have been so willing?

I went along with it given our financial situation. Since I'm a stay-at-home mother, I was thinking of my husband and the stress he might have. It's called selflessness.

If he wanted 20 I would have said okay.

Feminists and pro-abortionists are all about selfishness and exploiting people.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Feminists and pro-abortionists are all about selfishness and exploiting people.

Thats a very odd generalisation. I always thought feminism was created because women were being exploited.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
"Death hardly occurs as a result of pregnancy, at least here in America. That's a smokescreen put up by the pro-abort crowd (obviously ectopic pregnancy is the exception). "
a similar argument is given when debating the issue of divorce, abuse hardly ever occurs, she's lying, it's just a lie thought up by the evil feminists.

Being bedridden--so what, you get over it. It's not the baby's fault. The baby is completely innocent. I had to get around the mall in a wheelchair the last two weeks. Would you have recommended I kill my son--because of my health? ""

but then, you're own words defy your statement that at the most, pregnacy only causes mild discomforts!!!
aren't you glad you had someone pushing you around in that wheelchair? what if you hadn't, what if you did indeed have several small children to care for, feed, change diapers, ect.....and there was nobody around willing or able to do that, would you feel the same way?

by the way, you are talking to someone who used to make daily trips walking to the store with three very small kids, one in a baby carrier backpack deal, on in a stoller, and a two and a half year old clinging to the rail of the stroller....there was no one around to offer me a ride when it rained......so, well, I ran like hell while they slept to by the food they needed. SO, don't pretend this isn't a realistic situation.

by the way, I believe that it was your choice to make....since you are the one who is being asked to make the sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
www.mwillett.org...

Bible clearly says nothing wrong with abortion. A fetus is not a human, to consider it a living being is BLASPHEME!!!!!! That's right, all these Pro-Lifers are committing Blaspheme saying a fetus is a living being according to the bible.

Anyways, glad to be back, hoorah!(I think that is the marine battle cry, was watching Mail Call on History...)

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Thankyou.. I'm still confused however how they managed to get stats on records that aren't supposed to be public.
Now perhaps you could explain to me how a woman's medical business should be anyone else's apart from her own?

Agreed.

I dont go nosing around and demand records on mens health, like if they are impotent, how big their tool is, whether or not they have jock itch, ect ect. Not my biz what problems a man has or what they might do to their bodies.

I think all women health issues should be the same. The reasons for abortion as far as I am concerned are personal, and no matter the reason, its the womans choice.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't find it right to kill either. It's wrong to kill women, but its more wrong to kill a baby because they can't even protect themselves...i mean women have more of a chance of serviving then a baby would.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What is missing in abortion debates is the reason for Roe v. Wade--women are allowed to have safe abortions. Overturning RvW will not eliminate abortions but will force wives, mothers, daughters, sisters back to unsafe/deadly methods. The old back alley abortionist could now set up shop in a rental storage unit. Surely, as happened pre Roe, women will die.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join