It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does the government hide UFO Secrets?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Perhaps there is a department in the government somewhere, possibly in Homeland Security these days, where UFO reports are tucked away or copied and translated into data files. Because the government compulsively gathers information on everything, just in case.

However, for the most part I think that government knowledge of UFOs is hidden under a huge pile of indifference. The military used to think they could gain some kind of technological advantage from studying UFO reports, but nearly 70 years of study has shown that UFO reports generally lead exactly nowhere and are a huge waste of time, money, and effort to study.

Not that the government is against wasting time, money and effort.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Perhaps there is a department in the government somewhere, possibly in Homeland Security these days, where UFO reports are tucked away or copied and translated into data files. Because the government compulsively gathers information on everything, just in case.

However, for the most part I think that government knowledge of UFOs is hidden under a huge pile of indifference. The military used to think they could gain some kind of technological advantage from studying UFO reports, but nearly 70 years of study has shown that UFO reports generally lead exactly nowhere and are a huge waste of time, money, and effort to study.

Not that the government is against wasting time, money and effort.

No, the military & intelligence agencies studied UFO reports because at one point they gained significant intelligence on unannounced Soviet rocket activities by monitoring public UFO reports (there). They realized the USSR could do the same thing here (and almost certainly was), and so have an interest in adding noise to the signal. They're monitoring UFO reports to see what black activities are picked up and noticed and how they are perceived.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

No, the military & intelligence agencies studied UFO reports because at one point they gained significant intelligence on unannounced Soviet rocket activities by monitoring public UFO reports (there). They realized the USSR could do the same thing here (and almost certainly was), and so have an interest in adding noise to the signal. They're monitoring UFO reports to see what black activities are picked up and noticed and how they are perceived.

I think this is an exemplary post. Just think about this time in Cold War history. My lord, the U.S. basically had a coup with the assassination of JFK in '63. Nuclear advances and testing, drone conception, missile and rocket advances, interest in the space and the Moon, unsteady relations with the Soviet Union, Warsaw pact paranoia, along with counter-intelligence and espionage activities. Not to mention the value that UFO reporting and monitoring and disinformation provided military and intelligence agencies. There was a lot to be gleaned from taking the level of interest the U.S. did during those times.
edit on 17-10-2015 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cosmic911

How long do we have to wait for our government to come out and just say what we or at least most of know already extraterrestrial aliens exist the universe is to huge for us to be alone.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xfiles89
a reply to: Cosmic911

How long do we have to wait for our government to come out and just say what we or at least most of know already extraterrestrial aliens exist the universe is to huge for us to be alone.

Xfiles89- 'I want to believe'

If we're waiting for our gov't to come out and tell us I think we're going to be waiting a LONG time! I don't think disclosure is going to be announced during a presidential speech to the nation. However, if we're waiting for Disclosure by former military and government workers, well, we've pretty much had it. Former Air Force Major George Flier has told his story of alien encounter. Former astronaut Gordon Cooper told his story too. Retired Air Force Captain Robert Salas told his tale too.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AWingAndASigh
Evidently not in it's computers:

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

This guy did L570,000 (I think that's roughly $1 Mil, although I didn't look it up) in hacking, and he didn't find a thing (unless the gov't covered it up).

Where do you think the government is hiding UFO info? How do they keep it quiet? How many people know? Will we ever know the truth?

The same government that leaks like a sieve in all other areas manages to keep a tight lid on definitive proof of alien visitation.

Weird, huh?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Compartmentalization.. reminds me of something a friend told me not too long ago. I have this friend, he's very smart - applications developer, musician, inventor. HE has a good friend (whom I don't know) who works at Sandia Natl Lab in ABQ. This guy is a PhD EE on some genius level I guess, and says that he was asked to determine the function of an object. The object was a black sphere, a little smaller than a bowling ball. He was not told where it came from or anything. He determined that it was some kind of RF counter, that it could detect any RF signal and determine the direction it came from and all that (I have no aptitude in electronics or RF tech). He also said that he believes that it was not made by humans.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighDesertPatriot
a reply to: Gazrok

Compartmentalization.. reminds me of something a friend told me not too long ago. I have this friend, he's very smart - applications developer, musician, inventor. HE has a good friend (whom I don't know) who works at Sandia Natl Lab in ABQ. This guy is a PhD EE on some genius level I guess, and says that he was asked to determine the function of an object. The object was a black sphere, a little smaller than a bowling ball. He was not told where it came from or anything. He determined that it was some kind of RF counter, that it could detect any RF signal and determine the direction it came from and all that (I have no aptitude in electronics or RF tech). He also said that he believes that it was not made by humans.

Along the same vein, I have a good friend who is a project manager for Lockheed Martin. He is a former U.S. Army OH-58 pilot and commissioned officer. We worked together for almost ten years. A few years ago he once told me, regarding extraterrestrials, "We have technology; we're trying to make it work on our stuff." I've told this story more than once on ATS. I don't believe aliens have ever put 'boots on the ground,' however, I find it more likely we might have been 'probed' by an advanced civilization. A sensor or probe may have burned up in our atmosphere, strewing debris to the surface of our planet. Roswell? Maybe? Kecksburg? Maybe? Not for nothing, it's probably what we'd do if we had the ability. Heck, it's how the beginning of every Star Trek TNG episode begins!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cosmic911

Along the same vein, I have a good friend who is a project manager for Lockheed Martin. He is a former U.S. Army OH-58 pilot and commissioned officer. We worked together for almost ten years. A few years ago he once told me, regarding extraterrestrials, "We have technology; we're trying to make it work on our stuff." I've told this story more than once on ATS. I don't believe aliens have ever put 'boots on the ground,' however, I find it more likely we might have been 'probed' by an advanced civilization. A sensor or probe may have burned up in our atmosphere, strewing debris to the surface of our planet. Roswell? Maybe? Kecksburg? Maybe? Not for nothing, it's probably what we'd do if we had the ability. Heck, it's how the beginning of every Star Trek TNG episode begins!

I know a guy who grew up in Roswell. The alien craft crash/retrieval of bodies is understood as fact by locals. Many people in NM are related, even today there are family lineages that go back to before NM was part of the US.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: HighDesertPatriot

Interesting fact about the family lineages that date back before NM had become a state. Family loyalty can be fanatic, and getting anyone to talk certain things can be next to impossible. Who knows what secrets are being kept by locals, especially if people were coerced and threatened by government officials back in 1947.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

This guy did L570,000 (I think that's roughly $1 Mil, although I didn't look it up) in hacking, and he didn't find a thing (unless the gov't covered it up).

Where do you think the government is hiding UFO info? How do they keep it quiet? How many people know? Will we ever know the truth?

The same government that leaks like a sieve in all other areas manages to keep a tight lid on definitive proof of alien visitation.

Weird, huh?

No, try and research a little and you would see there have been thousands of documents declassified about UFO's and aliens ET's etc.

Try the black vault for a good example. Lots of declassified documents confirming that ET visitation and their craft have been ongoing for a long time. What is a little weird is that this info has been sitting out in the open, but ongoing ridicule and harassment for speaking about ET's UFO's in public still has a chokehold on enlightenment.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If we're waiting for our gov't to come out and tell us I think we're going to be waiting a LONG time! I don't think disclosure is going to be announced during a presidential speech to the nation. However, if we're waiting for Disclosure by former military and government workers, well, we've pretty much had it. ..... Former astronaut Gordon Cooper told his story too. ...

And why should anyone believe it on any single person's say-so?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I think this is an exemplary post. Just think about this time in Cold War history. My lord, the U.S. basically had a coup with the assassination of JFK in '63. Nuclear advances and testing, drone conception, missile and rocket advances, interest in the space and the Moon, unsteady relations with the Soviet Union, Warsaw pact paranoia, along with counter-intelligence and espionage activities. Not to mention the value that UFO reporting and monitoring and disinformation provided military and intelligence agencies. There was a lot to be gleaned from taking the level of interest the U.S. did during those times.

When my lifelong interests in Soviet space activity AND UFOs unexpectedly overlapped with the 'Petrozavodsk Jellyfish UFO' 35 years ago, I was astonished as I dug deeper for other overlaps at the extent to which other Soviet-era major UFO flaps coincided with Soviet military missile/space events. Their space activity caused 'crescent UFO flaps' over the Ukraine, radar and car-chasing OVNIs over Argentina, several EMI-effect 'UFO reports' in the NARCAP data base, major Russian UFO mass sightings in the 1960s and 1970s, including outside Soviet borders, and so much more.

It defies my imagination that US military intelligence agencies didn't notice and exploit this [and keep it as TOP SECRET as possible so as not to warn the Russians to NOT publish such stuff], and then also wonder how much of what THEY thought was undetectable about our own secret orbit/missile ops were actually becoming publicized in the UFO literature, such as our super-secret triple-satellite naval radar formations.

There's a special folder on Soviet UFO reports I attribute to such top secret military activity on my home page at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html, and the 1984 "Exactly 4:10 AM" Minsk airliner case [pilot reports, radar detection, physical effects, the works] probably the most astounding.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: draknoir2

Weird, huh?

No, try and research a little and you would see there have been thousands of documents declassified about UFO's and aliens ET's etc.

Try the black vault for a good example. Lots of declassified documents confirming that ET visitation and their craft have been ongoing for a long time. What is a little weird is that this info has been sitting out in the open, but ongoing ridicule and harassment for speaking about ET's UFO's in public still has a chokehold on enlightenment.

The same ongoing ridicule and harassment that fostered the numerous UFO "documentaries" and UFO gurus? Yeah, some chokehold. One of my best buddies believes without question that Aliens built the pyramids based solely on what he heard on Ancient Aliens. I also suggested he "try and research a little" (actually I wasn't that dickish, but did suggest researching other sources). He refused and said it had to be aliens. So much for enlightenment.

I'm familiar with the declassified documents on Black Vault. They are proof of nothing beyond someone typing what's on the document. Perhaps why they just sit there, out in the open.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Ah, so I take it you don't think flying saucers exist
, that makes it so much easier. I have seen them, and so seeing is believing. Perhaps someday you will too, then you won't be pulling your hair out just to be telling everyone that says they exist, that they are wrong?

The Black Vault simply presents the documents just as they came from various government agencies, and they don't tell you what to believe. They leave it up to the individual to decide for themselves. Seems fair and unbiased to me.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: draknoir2

Ah, so I take it you don't think flying saucers exist
, that makes it so much easier. I have seen them, and so seeing is believing. Perhaps someday you will too, then you won't be pulling your hair out just to be telling everyone that says they exist, that they are wrong?

The Black Vault simply presents the documents just as they came from various government agencies, and they don't tell you what to believe. They leave it up to the individual to decide for themselves. Seems fair and unbiased to me.

First paragraph: All [inaccurate] assumptions by you having nothing to do with my post.

Second paragraph: You're talking belief while I was talking proof. Fairness and bias were brought up by you, not me.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AWingAndASigh

Where does the government hide UFO Secrets?

Always... where you never expect it. Always.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

When my lifelong interests in Soviet space activity AND UFOs unexpectedly overlapped with the 'Petrozavodsk Jellyfish UFO' 35 years ago, I was astonished as I dug deeper for other overlaps at the extent to which other Soviet-era major UFO flaps coincided with Soviet military missile/space events. Their space activity caused 'crescent UFO flaps' over the Ukraine, radar and car-chasing OVNIs over Argentina, several EMI-effect 'UFO reports' in the NARCAP data base, major Russian UFO mass sightings in the 1960s and 1970s, including outside Soviet borders, and so much more.

It defies my imagination that US military intelligence agencies didn't notice and exploit this [and keep it as TOP SECRET as possible so as not to warn the Russians to NOT publish such stuff], and then also wonder how much of what THEY thought was undetectable about our own secret orbit/missile ops were actually becoming publicized in the UFO literature, such as our super-secret triple-satellite naval radar formations.

There's a special folder on Soviet UFO reports I attribute to such top secret military activity on my home page at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html, and the 1984 "Exactly 4:10 AM" Minsk airliner case [pilot reports, radar detection, physical effects, the works] probably the most astounding.

That's an interesting observation! I'm sure our intelligence agencies could have found some kind of clandestine way to exploit this! Sometimes we give them too much credit I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join