It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does the government hide UFO Secrets?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Evidently not in it's computers:

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

This guy did L570,000 (I think that's roughly $1 Mil, although I didn't look it up) in hacking, and he didn't find a thing (unless the gov't covered it up).

Where do you think the government is hiding UFO info? How do they keep it quiet? How many people know? Will we ever know the truth?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Where do you think the government is hiding UFO info? How do they keep it quiet? How many people know? Will we ever know the truth?

Like any well-kept secret....

COMPARTMENTALIZATION....

Here's an example. In assuming the government coverup of UFOs and aliens, we'd have people dealing with the following aspects..

1. Crash Retrieval
2. Biologic Retrieval
3. Media Suppression
4. Reverse Engineering
5. Military coverup

etc. etc.

Let's say you're an engineer, part of the project, and you are trying to reverse engineer some kind of component (we'll say an engine, for example).

Well, you're given this engine, along with a few other people. You're told how the craft worked, maybe even that it was alien, etc. However, your job and responsibility is JUST to work on that ONE piece of equipment.

Now you could speculate on other aspects, but VERY few people would have the full picture, and these are likely those who've been in the game for a LONG time, possibly even formerly working under folks like Twining, Forestal, Trudeau, etc. in their later years.

Likewise, the guy picking up the crash debris isn't going to know much beyond his job either... It's kept secret the same way we keep other secrets. Secrecy agreements, when violated carry jailtime. It'd be easy to trump up a "normal" sounding charge vs. an alien related one, to prosecute someone, and they know it.

Also, no, it certainly wouldn't be networked. Just like a business, confidential info would only be accessable from within the intranet, and even then the most secret stuff is likely only to be found on removable storage devices that are secured.

Example, my pop works on the Raptor project for Lockheed in GA. Each day he has a rigorous security procedure to go through, retinal scans, checked for notes, vids, tapes, you name it, just to be sure nothing confidential goes home. I'd imagine something similar takes place in such facilities involved with the alien project.

It wouldn't be difficult, and just like other such secrets...the jist of it is already out of the bag, just can't prove it because the "proof" is easy to control and regain even if it does manage to get out.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
As i stated before the reason he did so much damage is that everytime he connected he was fined. So if he was fined 100,000 for each time he connected that means he connected 57 times. Now that sounds pretty ridiculous now doesn't it? But it really isn't when you figure that this guy had to have more then one connection to keep from getting caught so fast. if he connected from Amsterdam which had a connection in london but was routed to italy like to a phone or dead end , he still would of been fined for misleading. I just think this guy is in it for popularity. Big whoop you hacked into a non secure government computer when most of the government doesn't use anyways except to check foxnews or cnn. That is speaking from experience.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I dunno ask Joseph Gutheinz - he claims he can give you specific locations where evidence of alien coverup is occuring.

The only way to defeat the dark deep black groups is for the UFO community to create their own counter groups.

Its like a Black Hat/White Hat thing - fight fire with fire.

Until then "they are everyone and they are no one. We have survived by hiding from them, by running from them. But they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors. They are holding all the keys, which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them."

[edit on 8-6-2005 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why hasn't it leaked? Washington is a leaky sieve. They leaked MKUltra. They leaked the syphillis experiments. They leaked radioactive and biologic experiments on our troops. Heck, they even leaked vaccine experiments on foster kids.

So why no leaks on UFOs? What are they afraid of? They have the full support of the American people to release all details - polls consistently show that we want to know the truth. So why don't they talk?

What could be so bad or scary about aliens that those who know won't tell those who don't?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hmmm well lets see shall we? Suppose the alien race that you dealing with isn't very friendly. In fact its downright hostile. You threaten it with nuclear destruction but it says oh yeah we split the atom about 2000 years before you did so big whoop. Well you actually find out that these pathetic little creatures think so highly of themselves but they can't for the life of them withdstand the flu. It mutates every year and to them is like dropping a cinide tablet in their bowl of Space Kjrokes! They want resources off the planet as much as we do so it come to a bargin. They get some vaccine and to do a few things while they come down to retract resources. We get a bit of information. Think of it like this. Basic analogy is they come down and tell us "ok here you go 1" they come back later and they say ok + 1 then after another time they come back and tell us =2. Yeah simple i know but on something like discovering polymer that are sensitive to light and can change shape think of the application there. Little by litttle we get a little bit of what they know. we keep them around because obviously they are more advanced. They might be techniolgically more advances but in other aspects they might be behind the curve. Like if you play Civ 3 you can progress in different ventures. They just went the scientific route. WE went all over the place. Just a view mind you

-Aza

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've never really bought the 'they're evil, violent aliens so we must protect you' argument. If the aliens have the technology to traverse who knows how many light years of space to get here without croaking first, they have the weapons to wipe us off the planet without too much fuss.

So what could be the motivation for keeping it all secret? Bribes from religious types who don't want their congregations to stop contributing? The aliens are so ugly we could never accept them? The aliens are just plain weird beyond understanding?

And if UFOs exist to the extent that reports of them indicate, I would argue that it would be beyond the capability of the government to keep that many people quiet. Someone would talk. Heck, all you have to do is have a strange light in the sky and it's all over the global news for days.

Could the government not know if UFOs are real or not?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
In a way I'm fearing the the government(s) has a good reason for the cover-up.
An example:
Were really an alien experiment, and then we find out and start rebelling against them, maybe they'd just wipe us out.

Above is an unlikey scenario, but maybe disclosure could have devastating consquenses?
Still, I'm hoping for it.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Phood]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Maybe the government doesn't want us to know because we'd PREFER the aliens take over.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I must agree to disagree. We have martyrs who will throw themselves in front of supertankers to save whales, relioguis freaks, who attach bombs to themselves, and yet you all dont think one brave soul would say I will risk losing my life to tell the world that aliens exist. Someone in the know cant smuggle substainal, I MEAN, substanial evidence that cant be refuted. Thats not worth becoming a martyr, to someone. If the evidence was substantial enough, maybe that person would be protected by the public and media masses and the risk would be minamized. I cant believe that noone with a since of ethics, values, or even nationalism, would think that we have a right to know if there is indeed a cover-up. I'm talking about someone who wishes for no financial gain just public awareness. All the years that this phenomena has been going on and not one cowboy. Strange, dont you think! Someone has to have a tight, I mean, very tight hand on things, I mean, we are in fact human, you know! Someones gotta be aching to tell the truth, if there is a truth!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think they hide all their secrets in the lincoln bedroom under the matress. As for me, i don't know where they hold those secrets. Other secrets i do know but not at liberty to say. Yep i want to keep my job.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There's another odd thing - our elected officials can't agree on the color to paint the washroom. Some wild buckaroo would want to make this public. How are they keeping him silent? It's hard to shut up the politicos when they want to blab - that's why so many got into trouble after 9/11 for talking about what we were doing to find and punish the terrorists. I find it hard to believe that a conspiracy has been going on since the 40s and no one has blabbed. The question is - why not?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What makes you think they are 'hiding' anything. It's all in plain sight. That's the best place to hide anything -- right in the open where nobody looks for secrets.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
There's another odd thing - our elected officials can't agree on the color to paint the washroom. Some wild buckaroo would want to make this public. How are they keeping him silent? It's hard to shut up the politicos when they want to blab - that's why so many got into trouble after 9/11 for talking about what we were doing to find and punish the terrorists. I find it hard to believe that a conspiracy has been going on since the 40s and no one has blabbed. The question is - why not?

Exactly
Still, people have blabbed (Like that General who claimed he had seen Roswell material at the Pentagon, I think), many just don't take em seriously or there is to little evidence to prove it.
I don't know if anyone(credible) has said something about "the whole picture" though and for that to be commonly accepted maybe it has to come from the very President of US of A.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Phood]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Phood said:

Still, people have blabbed (Like that General who claimed he had seen
Roswell material at the Pentagon, I think), many just don't take em
seriously or there is to little evidence to prove it.

This is an explanation that makes sense. Perhaps our own desire not to believe is why the leaks don't get traction. And perhaps the fact that UFOs are scoffed by so many is why no one credible will come out and talk about them. Ridicule can be an effective deterent, and unless there's a compelling reason to talk, it's easier to keep quiet.

What, I wonder, would it take to get them to talk, in the end?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have no clue if someone already said this because I didn't read the whole thread.

The government keeps this secret because the economy would just be destroyed.
Think about it. Religions would shut down. Really religious people with closed minds consider us the very top. The best of the best. We are the higher beings behind god.
Well, they find out that there really are aliens and extra-terrestrial beings, they'll just say, Well, we have someone else to do the work for us. Let's stop working.
We stop doing anything, soon it takes a toll on the economy. Since money rules everything, it would be the world's downfall. An example of these types of people would the Muslims, or Christians. I don't mean just regular Christians, I mean like preachers or people like that. The fanatics.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
One of the odd things about the UFO mystique is that you can have two totally disparate belief systems. For example, a fundamental Christian might believe in UFOs and not find any challenge of his religious belief system from them. I know a few people like that.

The economic damage could be caused because the event is so significant that no one wants to do anything until they figure out what it all means, and everything comes to a screeching halt. Kind of like Sept 11 and war on terror - the fear and reaction to the incident had it's own economic consequences.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Except with aliens, it's going to be 10000 times worse than the war and 9/11. We actually see someone that can do all of our work

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yes, but would they want to?

If I were an advanced alien species, I wouldn't come here to do all our work for us, I'd come here to get us to do THEIR work! But perhaps that would have economic consequences of its own.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The mind is where its at baby

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join