It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no visitors - are we in a bad neighborhood?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I can only hope that those who come to meet us will do so with some compassion and understanding of how we are.

There are 2 skills an alien would definately need to interact with humans:

1. Patience (they would be subjected to a LOT of nonsense)

2. The ability to keep their powder dry (we'd give them plenty of reasons to fight us)

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Maybe we're in the worst 'ghetto' of our galaxy. Who would want to go to a place of violence, rape, pollution, and rampant disease?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
Electromagnitic flux:all ufo's are in stealth mode as they are invisible to naked eye,infra read and thermal imaging.A ufo could just be hovering over a city for long peroid of time to gather samples etc and it would be invisible to us.For more info check the lacerta files part 2 or indiadialy.com ufo articles.
www.indiadaily.com...

[edit on 9-6-2005 by warthog911]

indiaDaily is a tabloid dont trust them too much as for the implications on socieity think of the relegions some may see them as demons other belifes would be so turned up that wars could break out and that would definatly put the aliens off us

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Maybe the answer is in our own past. If you look back at how empires on earth have expanded (and contacted previously "unknow" countries/continents) its usually been driven by wanting something e.g. land, raw materials, resources, trading routes, extending power bases, making reality out of a someones idealogy and so on.

I'm not sure if there is anything out there but maybe (at the moment) there is nothing we have that anyone wants. Perhaps the only other motive then is curiosity - and if you were curious about something then you'd approach it in a "quiet" way.

For example, if you as an individual were interested in finding out about the motives behind the war in Iraq you would probably so some research on the net/library/speaking to people without drawing too much attention to yourself and so on rather than standing outside the White House shouting at the President with a megaphone being filmed by CNN.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It has been my personal experience that we are being visited.

From that experience , I can say that they did seem to have an active interest in Humans.

Why they don't poke around in broad daylight , over cities, is a good question, most likely they don't like having to drop what their doing to outrun Military aircraft!

Not that I'm implying that they don't poke around cities, in the daytime , on occasion.

Edit: CloudlessKnight I can hardly believe that you said that, after having just read your encounter thread!

[edit on 13-6-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Edit: CloudlessKnight I can hardly believe that you said that, after having just read your encounter thread!

Sorry, I was in no way implying that they don't come here, especially since I've seen them myself. This is more what I mean: what kind of aliens do you think come here? Most likely it's some form of scientist or military section of their society, not their civilians (if they have any). It's more likely their job to be here than them actually wanting to be here. That's all I meant. Hope that clarifies a bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join