It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no visitors - are we in a bad neighborhood?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Everybody loves a UFO. Most people wish they could see an alien. The sky at night is filled with stars, in all probability surrounded by planets.

So why no visitors? Are we too primitive? Do they not like intelligent apes, but prefer bugs instead? Are we living in the 'bad' part of town and no respectable alien will visit?

Why do you think they haven't visited and introduced themselves to the public at large? After all, it would be pretty tough to miss a large alien spacecraft landing in a large American city with a large American population - even the US Government couldn't hide that. So why don't they come visit?

Don't they like us anymore?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I dont think they believe that we are ready for it. If they were to come now, our whole entire culture, technology, religion, and views of life would change. Perhaps they do not introduce themselves to the masses because they want us to advance on our owns. Also, our first reaction would be fear and that would lead to violence..

Still ...they should at least drop us a present

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Not that I'm a real big Star Trek fan, but maybe they have something like the Prime Directive....Until we get warp travel, they'll steer clear

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if the 'we're not ready for it' argument is really true. Our media is full of references to aliens and UFOs. Half our TV shows are about aliens and UFOs, and UFOs have gotten mass exposure so everyone in the country knows what one is and where it comes from.

Some would react negatively to a visit. But others would be interested and enthusiastic. We've faced traumatic things before and survived. I'm not sure that the shock of discovering that aliens are real (and different from us) would be so hard to take that it would destroy our society. Perhaps it would, finally, bring us together as a people.

I've heard all the arguments about why 'the people' can't know about aliens and UFOs. I'm not sure I believe those arguments are actually true.

And if aliens are from another planet, how the heck would they know how we might react? Perhaps that's the most reasonable explanation - they're unsure of their reception. But would they automatically assume we wouldn't accept them since they have no idea what's going on in our culture?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
All I can say about the whole alien controversy is that -

A) They know about us.
B) They have studied us a long time.
C) They have initiated contact occasionally on their own terms (abductions).
D) They are highly intelligent.
E) They have decided that we aren't worth the time of day.
G) Because they are highly intelligent.

Tough love for the humnan race I guess.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Electromagnitic flux:all ufo's are in stealth mode as they are invisible to naked eye,infra read and thermal imaging.A ufo could just be hovering over a city for long peroid of time to gather samples etc and it would be invisible to us.For more info check the lacerta files part 2 or indiadialy.com ufo articles.
www.indiadaily.com...

[edit on 9-6-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Compare the galaxy to a beach. All those grains of sand on the beach are stars in the galaxy. Now you have to sort through all those grains of sand searching for a sign that there is intelligent life on a planet orbiting one of those grains of sand. A daunting task at best. So maybe they aren't here yet. Having said that, I think that as a whole we are not ready. Some of us are, but our entire world is practically aflame with warfare and intollerance. People still care too much about what god their neighbor worships or what color they are. Too much baggage for an alien species to deal with. I wouldn't land here either.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well, I think theres two reasons.

1. Becasue they want to wait until we have the technologie to travel interstellar distances in a relative amount of time (Which means until we can travel faster than light.)

or

2. They are setting things up to reveal there existance.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
its occoured to me that all of you think they will come in peace. what if they dont? They might just be waiting for our technology to advance enough for a fair fight.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If you were an intelligent being what on earth (excuse the pun) would make you want to mingle with humans?

It would be like us inviting ants round to tea and scones....

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I personaly belive that we are not worth the aliens time. Why make contact with an race of humans that constantly goes to war and distroy our ecosystem. I think they are waiting for us to screw up are planet bad and then come in for the leftovers.

If aliens do come to earth, It will most likely be a faked NWO plot.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stalemate
I dont think they believe that we are ready for it. If they were to come now, our whole entire culture, technology, religion, and views of life would change. Perhaps they do not introduce themselves to the masses because they want us to advance on our owns. Also, our first reaction would be fear and that would lead to violence..

Still ...they should at least drop us a present

This is how I feel.

The real reason is we are the hostile beings! We always worry about others being hostile, well guess what? It is us that is the hostile beings. If a UFO landed today there would be military all over it, it will be just like an alien movie.

So ultimately in our stupidity would try to start a war with advanced beings that can kill us all if they wanted.

And yes they probably do want us to evolve on our own, it is probably interesting for them to observe.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
or maybe its because we dont have space travel capabality, who knows that maybe even aliens are picky about who they want to meet and exchange culture.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Any life form that showed up in Central Park and gave a big howdy to the locals would be snatched up and rushed to a bio containment lab.

I can't see the U.S. reacting any other way.

Would you want to spend the first day of your vacation in a level 4 facility???

(I know there are members here that would be into that sort of thing.
)

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This makes a very interesting read, the quote below. The rest is OT.
The skeptics might do well to read the entire thread before dismissing the post, a lot of genuine accounts imo.

Hi all btw, first post and that....

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Ok....here is an odd development I have been seeing while OOBE..... in the stars.....Id rather keep this tidbit to myself, but I am being fully open on this thread so here goes....................
I am flying through space and it is totally quiet there.....I can see the earth below, far away. I go by this CERTAIN star that is NOT a star.....it looks like one from our earthly perspective......but when I go by it.....it is a metal ball with many colored lights on it...green, blue, violet, white and red......I get the strong sense that this is NOT a satalite from our planet. It gives me the chills because I have this understanding that the thing is a BOARDER marker, to let space travelers know not to go past it. Once past it out radar will pick up on the craft they are in, and if they do not pass this beacon they can remain unseen to Earth. YA YA YA I know this is VERY WIERD, but its what I am sensing when I see this 'star thing'.......I have flown by this 'thing' 2 times now.....I have no idea why I go to the stars and fly by this thing that gives me the creeps anyway.

edit cos I mucked up the link.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Strodyn]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
As with all questions of this type the answer is probably a lot of different reasons.

Some races are probably interested in study, and if you enter the area of study you contaminate it. So for those types it just make sense to watch the monkeys do their thing.

I can also accept the Prime Directive idea, while I do not share all the negative ideas associated with Disclosure I do admit that BIG CHANGES are sure to follow. Any race with any sort of compassion would know this in some fashion.

But perhaps the answer you are seeking Wings is more simple, maybe they have visited, contacted those in power and have been told to stay away. While I feel the people of Earth are ready, those in power are really, really not. Nothing that can upset the apple cart is acceptable to those who actually have the reins of power in hand.

As someone mentioned, it might be hard for another race to know if we are ready or not, but it would be expected that we would know.

I do not really believe that there has been any extended contact as many do, but some form of communication is certainly possible. That could fit into the events we observe today where any real extensive contacts would leave traces that I have yet to detect. To the contrary, we still act as a whole as if the Earth is it and always will be so we still fight over land and resources.

Oh, and for those who feel that we are being left alone or contained because of our nasty natures I have this thought. Perhaps we are, by galactic standards, as peaceful as it gets. Maybe man is not really so bad at all and every culture goes through periods such as we have.

It is a natural tendency to assign absolutes to things like this, and in real life those absolutes never exist. Keep in mind that the exact same urges and desires that cause War and all the other bad things also drives us to explore, research, learn, and test ourselves against others. There is nothing 'wrong' with humans, but as we are young on the Cosmic scale we are still working on the whole 'playing well with others' idea.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
sry, but its been discused dude in www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm on the side that mankind just may not be ready for it. The human species is still controlled quite a bit by our instincts rather then our intellect.

Here's an example. (true story) I was driving down the highway one night, I was in the Ozark National forest, and I drove up on a Bigfoot. My first reaction was to stomp the gas peddle to the floor and get the hell out of there. If that Bigfoot had stepped into the road I would have knee capped him with the bumper. I was in total flight, looking into the rear view mirror constantly to make sure the damn thing wasn't chasing me.

The Bigfoot had not threatened me. It made no gesture towards me, yet I went strait into panick mode.

If a space ship came down and stopped over a city for even a short amount of time, every redneck with a gun or a slingshot would be firing on it.

You can say all day long that mankind is ready for first contact, but until we prove were ready i don't think thats going to happen. I also have no idea how to prove such a thing.

This is just MHO.

Wupy

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

and I drove up on a Bigfoot

Wait a minute..a bigfoot? I thought that there was only one Bigfoot. Is there like a whole species of Bigfoots that im not aware of? Or do you mean that you ran into the bigfoot?

Sry if this is off visitor topic...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Asking if we are ready for contact falls into the same class as asking if a person is ready to have a child, or get married, or die. The answer is always no but somehow we muddle through.

How contact happens will have a great deal to do with what follows. I can only hope that those who come to meet us will do so with some compassion and understanding of how we are.

A.T
(-)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join