It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain Your Username II

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

United States Marine Core and i like the number 42

Well, 42 is the answer to everything....

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I just wanted to confuse people.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
... Hsselhoff look-a-like avatar. Just try telling me my avatar looks like anyone famous now!... I mean no, don't, please..:bnghd:

[edit on 6/9/2005 by lightseeker]

No, not famous, but your avatar looks much like my ex-wife!

My user id is a combination of two things that I sincerely love. After 43 years in Chinese martial arts, I chose "Sigung" wich means, loosely, "Old Teacher". The 86 is in reference to the first Corvette I ever owned, which was a 1986 red convertible with a white top.

Not very deep, or original, but it is ... Mine.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by sigung86]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ground Zero, it has been my nick for games and forums for a long time, definitly since '98 and '99.

It's often followed by 7777, 7 is my favorite number, and since in gambling 3 777's is often occuring, I added another 7 for the hell of it.

Ground Zero means a point of impact, particulary of a nuclear warhead in alot of cases, I like Nuclear explosions because they are pretty.

It has nothing to do with 9/11 obviously.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I took my name from a Roman God.

Janus kept the gate of Heaven, so he became the god of doors and gates.
He was very important, because a house is only as strong as its doors.

His temple in Rome had its doors thrown open in times of War, and closed in times of Peace. They were usually open! The Emperor Augustus closed the doors of the temple, since he brought peace to the Roman Empire.

Janus had two faces, one looking forwards and one looking back, since a door can let you in, or let you out. The first month of the year is named after him. In January, we look back at the last year, and forward to the next.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I just wanted to confuse people.

You succeeded...all this time (before I knew) I thought you were a "she" due to the name!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I had a comic book character named Striker.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
I took my name from a Roman God.

Its also the name of the bad guy in Angels & Demons! I think...eh thats what i thought of when I first saw your name

My name well...for a RPG I used Rika Sasaki...but I got tired of that so I wanted something that could be Rei-chan... so I had Rei...then I thought KURO! (was talking to my friend Chad at the time, his rp name is Kuro) so then I remembered Rei = Spirit/Kuro= Black...so Black Spirit in short...shows the darker side of me that can be seen some times

then I decided to use it after my password on my darkwolf3636 name here was changed

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I just kinda liked the way mine sounded. It does not really mean anything too deep.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc42
United States Marine Core and i like the number 42

Marine Core?

Grady Philpott is the name I gave to a character that I created for Mardi Gras and Halloween. The character took on a life of his own, becoming an entity unto himself--a kind of alter-ego, if you will. Even though we don't celebrate Mardi Gras here, Grady makes an appearance every Halloween and, of course, is an instant hit with children and adults alike. When I went online and needed a handle, "Grady Philpott" was a shoo-in.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have a bulldog called taylor, when my son began talking he called her 'noonoos' and its stuck. Now she answers to; Taylor, noonoos or taylornoos. Shes not confused but our neighbours probably think we are a bit odd.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Baastet = same as Bast or Bastet egyptian goddess protector of cats, and shaped in a body of a woman and a head of a cat.

Noir= name of my cat, wich happen to be black and Noir is frenchy for black...

there ya go

[edit on 10-6-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
dc are my initials and I played golf in college.

d**** c***** + golf = dcgolf

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
SEAL as in the U.S. Navy SEALs, and their symbol, the Trident.

Simple, no?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Lenina Mors is my LARPing character's name. But originally, years and years ago I got the name from Aldous Huxley's "A brave new world" The character's name in that book is Lenina Crowne

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I worry about the world, I worry about myself.

I chose a name that presented me in an honest light to others that read my input on this board.

Now I've said too much...........

(member scurries off to another thread)

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I took my name from my favourite sci fi show Babylon 5.

Its what the Narn telepaths were called, they died out long ago............or is it years in the future !!

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well my story is quite boring. I'm not very imaginative and djohnsto is my standard 8 character UNIX user name and when I signed up for AIM or something it was already taken and I had to append a number after it and a book on the FORTRAN 77 computer language is in front of me since I was trying to make sense of a really old computer program at a former employer so I just used that and so djohnsto77 has become what I usually use on the Internet.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hellmutt was the name I gave to one of my tanks in the game PanzerGeneral... It was a german Panzer IV. The icon for it looked like a helmet. And hell, why not add two "l"`s and two "t"`s to the german name Helmut?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
smadewell, is short for "it's made well" and also my name Steven Madewell. What's made well? Oh please! I'm not that vain! Who am I? Arnold Schwarzenegger? NOT! It also alludes to my homepage www.smadewell.com.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join