It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From where do your "thoughts" spring.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It seems that very few people recognize the real origins of their way of thinking,any opinions on my theory?,but think about it,really.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Personally, my thought process is influenced by many different things. Primarily, the influence of my father to be an independent thinker and not be afraid to stand up for my principles, has affected me the most. I also have an inherent questioning nature that feeds my desire to see the underlying 'Why?' behind things. I have subconscious moral influences from my mother taking my brother and I to church for my entire pre-adult life. I was too independent to be sucked into the religion aspects, but I did understand the principles for treating others properly and those teachings influence me to this day.
I think that a person's thoughts are born from a combination of genetic predisposition and the culmination of all of the events throughout our lives, as they had an impact on our lives. Different events impact us to different degrees, and the strength of that impression is what determines if they will fade into the past or if a piece will remain buried in our subconscious. Those which remain buried become our mental thought narrators helping us form opinions and develop our perspectives. Everything else becomes phantom memories, hanging out in the memory storage box, in case we need to draw from it somewhere down the line.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
"Thoughts" are related to the soul.
Your eyes are but "mirrors" to this, so it is sayed.
Your thoughts are based on subjective determination. They are based on a personal value system, our experiences, what we see, what we hear, how we interpret, interact, views, beliefs.
There are many "levels" of thoughts.
Moral's of an individual are also likewise determined.
What one may determine or see as "right" or "wrong," another, may determine otherwise....it is all subjective, based on a personal level.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
To abolish any tendencies you may have toward acting on impulses which are programmed into your mind from your upbringing,you will realise that a great proportion of what you know is someone elses thinking.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Unbalanced are you talking about learned behavior?

Put 100 people into a room and have them prepare a 200 word SA on "What is Love," and you will get 100 explanations which have considerable differences.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If you want a more accurate study,put 100 people in a room and have them write an essay about,"what is a rock?".
Love is something that will never be agreed upon between any group,since most people do not truly understand what it is.
Writing about a rock is a much less emotionally charged subject.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Unbalanced the issue you have presented is from where do your thoughts spring? My response is that they are the result of learned behavior, translated visa vi issues related to emotional variations in definitions what those emotions mean to the individual.

As such if I am from a tribe which defines rocks as God and see God as love, there will be 100 different definitions with respect to describing rocks, this with respect to my earlier conclusion.

Its really all a matter of perspective.

Unbalanced have kept with regard to your recent posts at ATS in General how are you feeling??

Am asking because I do care

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
matter left on it's own is inert...

Nothing happens, until acted upon by unseen forces (gravity, electricity, thought, etc.)

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The body is a triad. Mind, body, and soul.

Your mind is the thoughts that have been ingrained into one throughout life. It controls the body.

Ah, "The Soul"-The Holy Spirit. It talks to you everyday. It tells you what is the right thing to do. It speaks of love.

The problem is most tune out their soul. It is God speaking to you. It is trying to give you direction.

Here is something else to ponder. Ever find out someone has invented something, done something, or whatever that you had spoken of doing? There could be a very strong possibility that your idea was stolen by that individual many miles away. The spoken word continues forever. Many pick up on others words. The blank space around you right now. It is full of other people's words. Thousands of words pass before you. Learn to pick them off.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
At the present time,most of my thoughts are springing from my groin area.........

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Unbalanced if that is the case sugest you try another type of site to express yourself

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Maybe even inject my attention toward something more real,Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thoughts?

I'd say from the hippocampus, the emotion, learning and memory centre of the brain.

Emotion and memory are very closely related. You know this from your experience. Go to a party, meet a bunch of new people. Which faces are you going to remember? The woman who made you laugh, the man who made you feel embarrassed, and your new boss -- the ones who had an emotional impact.
So perhaps you would not be surprised to learn that the a portion of the emotion system of the brain (the "limbic system") is in charge of transferring information into memory. From years of experiments and surgical experience, we now know that the main location for this transfer is a portion of the temporal lobe called the hippocampus.

By the way, the hippocampus would site in the "core" of your head...roughly in the centre.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Some every good points Velocity would as well welcome you to ATS.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
From my personal experience it seems that consciousness is a layered thing,when we are born it is just a thin plane or a plate,like a circuit board,this circuit board has the parasympethetic and sympathetic functions installed on it,it has a few accesories (emotions)installed as well,the only real conscious functions there are ,are responses to needs,pain,poo,fun,happy,sad,mom ,dad,noisemaking in response to unpleasant stimuli.
When life was simpler,it was because we were simpler,some more accessory cards are added as we grow,some just developmental which occur without much outside influence,some which are only the product of others installing them.
So if some or most of these 'consciousness add on cards' were added by others,are those functions contained in those cards producing something of your personal making?,or something to serve others purposes?.

Thinking on these terms makes it obvious that the development of artificial intelligence is virtually inevitiable.
Thinking on these terms makes me wonder how much of my mind is artificial intelligence.

Thinking on these terms makes me wonder what intelligence really is.

Square one,nice to see ya again.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
of all our experiences. God sent his spirit into this illusion so he may experience what he has created.

The Triad:
The Father-The creator, the all knowing
The Son-Each of us is the son. Each of us is a summation of all we have been taught, learned, experienced, and created.
The Holy Spirit-Within each of us. It wants us to create more and experience more so God the father/mother can experience.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I just state my views differently.

He made us in his image and lives vicariously through us as some people do with their own children,this is where the truth has been lost,no-one belongs to anyone,we all belong to God,we were perfect when we were born,we were not told the truth because the truth is hidden from us by the churches,religions etc.,for their own gain.

most sin and do not even realise it.

man is gullible and weak,but it is not man's fault,that is why there is always hope for man to redeem himself.

Some say the evolution made us what we are today,they argue something called cellular intelligence,adaptation,lots of different things,they forget however,that even if it is evolutionary development,god still created it.

I believe in creationism.

If a woodpecker were to evolve,it would seem that instead of becoming a woodpecker,it's species would have become extinct before it developed the ability to beat it's head against a tree,without harming itself.

Theory such as the theory of evolution are missed for what they really are,only theories,created to take our attention off of the the truth.The theory of evolution is really quite flawed.

Peace to you.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Evolution and creationism are one in the same.

Yes, God created the spark that started all this. However, it has evolved through the many billion of years(in our time) to what we see and know of today.

You know the ole 7 days taught in the Bible. Those "days" are really relative. The evolution of those 7 days could actually have been billions of our years, however just a "nanosecond" of time in God's kingdom.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Begin with nonthought. Only then will you know. Old master said the greatest form of action is nonaction.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The Tao is so vast that when you use it, something is always left.
How deep it is!
It seems to be the ancestor of the myriad things.
It blunts sharpness
Untangles knots
Softens the glare
Unifies with the mundane.
It is so full!
It seems to have remainder.
It is the child of I-don't-know-who.
And prior to the primeval Lord-on-high.

For specifics with respect to non-action would refer to my blog on the subject Wu-Wei. It really has nothing to do with non-thought but rather, an adherence to oneness of nature with you as an aspect of nature which is in no way separate.

Unbalanced, the Universe is a very large place there are several other vocations outside of Evolutionary theory which support not only that, but the approximations of the earths age. My impression is that God manifests himself is strange ways despite the conclusions of ourselves today, or with respect to ancient society
he is still more.

Any thoughts?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join