It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'World Scientists Say Humans Causing Global Warming'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
www.enn.com...

The Headline says:
'World Scientists Say Humans Causing Global Warming'

Further down in the article it says human activities are 'the major cause', implying there are other contributing causes.

Yet even further down it says humans are 'a major cause', meaning there are other major contributing factors to global warming that are not human related.

So this story starts out as humans are the cause, to humans are the primary contributor, to humans are one of many contributors to global warming. The author cannot even keep his hypocrisy and contradictions straight. Had the story gone on longer humans would not be involved at all.

Yes, the climate is warming. No one seriously disputes that. There are many factors involved with the warming. Again no dispute. Humans are a contributor. Most likely, yes. Now here is where the dispute comes in. Are humans the majority cause with the cumulative effect all other non-human factors of lesser impact? That is very unknown and there is no scientific consensus on that statement. The evidence suggests no. But either way the climate would be warming whether humans were even on the planet or not. This article admits that.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by dave_54]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Scientist are very smart people. But not very believable. They know if the come out with a report that everything is fine, the grants that they work for dry up.

So who knows when they are telling the truth?

Human caused Global Warming is bogus...but if you want to give me $100,000 to say different then so be it.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

...Human caused Global Warming is bogus...

That's right. Anthropogenic carbon is a contributing factor, but not a causal factor. Too bad most people here (and many world and environmental leaders) don't know the difference.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Maybe....but explain the global warming of other planets such as an example.....

Pluto is Undergoing a global warming

And thats like how far away from Humans?

Well we may just help the process but it's destined to happened...Don't you know people use any excuse to make a Charity.....It's a get rich scam by Enviormentist being control by a puppet Master...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I took a course from this guy and he told our class that in statistical research he found that there was about a 1% chance that our climate is behaving 'normally' and that therefore there is about a 99% chance that humans have done something to it. He didn't go into a lot of detail. (it was a linear algebra class, so climate was rather off topic)

I remain quite skeptical about the claims of man-made climate change, myself. The earth is awfully big, and we would have to do a heck of a lot to alter it in any significant way. I remember reading about CFCs and how environmentalists were freaking out because CFCs damage the ozone layer. Well, it turns out that CFCs contribute less than 1% to ozone depletion, and volcanic eruptions alone contribute to roughly 50%. Admittedly, it is a big leap of logic that I am making here, but I look at temperature change in the same sort of way, that man-made changes are probably insignificant compared to natural forces.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The earth is so big we cant have an effect on it ? Take look at these pics,there not clouds thats haze and smog over northan india.

www.redtailcanyon.com...

www.commondreams.org...

zimmer.csufresno.edu...

And Finally eastern texas

www.tnrcc.state.tx.us...

Climate change is happening I can see it where I live the weather is changing.
Were not ostriches just because you bury your head in the sand does'nt mean the problem is going away, you cant remain skeptical on this subject it is fact.

Merkz out

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Merkeva]

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Merkeva]

new topics

top topics

join