It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to handle the Koran , Official DOD guidelines

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So if an American is taken prisoner in Iraq and request to the terrorist that he wants a copy of the bible and that they better handle it with care and respect, he should get just that right? And if that does not happen the whole world and every human rights group should come down on the side of the U.S. soldier and demand that the terrorists do as he says right?

Thats what I thought

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
So if an American is taken prisoner in Iraq and request to the terrorist that he wants a copy of the bible and that they better handle it with care and respect, he should get just that right? And if that does not happen the whole world and every human rights group should come down on the side of the U.S. soldier and demand that the terrorists do as he says right?

Thats what I thought

Yes, the world community SHOULD do that, whether or not they WOULD is a different story. Should we judge our own actions based upon what we think the world would do, or what we would hope they do? Its the golden rule man, treat others as you would like to be treated...

Just because they are from another country doesn't mean they deserve less rights, or that they are less human. Come on now, think fairly and equitably and not vindictively.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
if they dont hand him a Bible, the Amnesty will demand to talk to Osama, maybe even send a letter to him.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew
Yes, the world community SHOULD do that, whether or not they WOULD is a different story. Should we judge our own actions based upon what we think the world would do, or what we would hope they do?

I don't think that's what the issue is here. Of course we should be better than them. The issue, I think, is that these nations who don't have a problem desicrating other religious texts are condemning the US for allegedly doing the same thing. The issue here is the hypocracy, and the goal of this thread is to explain the drastic measures we, the United States of America, take to respect Islamic religious doctrine. However, any time it's even hinted America did wrong, even if all the evidence points to otherwise, everyone assumes guilt. If the assumption is unequivically proven wrong, cover up is the new cry. America is guilty of desecrating the Koran because she was accused of doing so. The first people to riot and scream out against us are people who do the exact same thing to non-Islamic religious texts.

Hypocracy is the issue here. It's been demonstrated we're better by the initial post. Now the discussion is addressing a country doing (openly, I might add) what they are condemning another nation for.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Its kinda funny how the US has all of these guidelines to follow before handling the Quran; yet some muslim extremists will raise in the air next to an ak-47, or pray with it. Sorta Ironic.

I do respect the Quran as a Holy Book, and it should be treated with some of the highest level of caution.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Screw the Koran. Screw the Bible. Screw ALL religious texts that people foolishly hold sacred, and kill or die for. They are just paper. Ones relationship with whatever version of god they choose to worship should remain strong, no matter what happens to some mass produced copy of some ancient wackos mushroom trip upon which he decided "god" was communicating his wishes unto him. I wonder if copies of the koran can only be printed by muslims, I'll bet half the korans out there were published and packaged by infidels. I wonder if thousands of christians would riot and kill each other if Newsweek printed an article about how we potheads sometimes use bible paper to roll joints if there are no zig-zags available.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
zig zags suck for rolling, too much gum.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew
zig zags suck for rolling, too much gum.

Yeah they do kinda suck, but they're availability is a strong point.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hello 2005!
I feel like I just traveled back in time to read this thread.

It`s been almost 7 years since a post has been made and after reading the thread and all the posts I can see clearly what ATS was like back then. Not nearly as many members existed and the threads were easy to follow one day to the next, as they may have had a page or two of comments since your last visit.

I just read some of my first posts on ATS and it is surreal as some of my views have done a complete turn around.

After reading this thread again, I stick by my original post. I saw at least two members nominated me for an ATS award based on what I said in this thread.

It would be interesting to see some of the original posters on this thread to revisit this thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join