It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen reporter targeted for immigration column

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
A 17 year old High School student in Oregon is the target of on-going harassment and protest because of a school newspaper article he wrote that took exception to the current state of affairs with illegal immigration and the insecurity of Americas borders with Mexico.

You can read the full article below:

www.worldnetdaily.com...

It is my opinion that this kid did a brave and valiant thing; knowing he was the only one on the newspaper staff with a conservative political viewpoint and knowing it probably wouldn't be received in the spirit it was written, he wrote it anyway. That took guts, my friends, so I say to Trent Demerest of Corvallis High, "Atta boy" and keep up the good work.

Of course, I know everyone doesn't share my feelings and that's whay I posted this story. Let me hear your thoughts on the incident.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Quotes from original posters link.

targeted by a radical Hispanic group that sponsored a protest where students marched through campus behind a Mexican flag.

the radical hispanic group is:

MEChA is a radical pro-Mexico student group that says it is committed to "the physical liberation of Occupied America" and a separate Hispanic nation in the Southwest U.S. It's motto is "Por La Raza Todo, Fuera de La Raza Nada: for the race, everything; outside the race, nothing."

Cute, so basically its radicals targeting him because the student wrote something against their extremist agenda. These type of people give the majority of Hispanics a bad name, damn radicals

"She told me: 'There are a lot of people really upset about your article. I've gotten outraged e-mails from teachers and there are kids who want to beat you up,'" Demarest explained.

So free speach isn't allowed any more is it!

Many of those who protested, up to two-thirds, had not read the piece, Demarest says.

That explains the march, the ignorant following the ignorant, I'd never commit to a march or similar unless I knew what it was all about.

The teen, who plans to continue writing and editing for the paper next year as a senior, says he has had some anonymous threats, but nothing he is too worried about.

Good on him, he's standing up for something he believes in even though others around him say he shouldn't.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
And people are worried about MUSLIMS invading?

I think we have something more pressing to worry about!

And naturally if you're pro-American sovereignty, you're a xenophobe/racist/term of the day.

Multiculturalism is going to be the death of this country....

new topics

join