It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stryker video IED hit.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Judging by the size of the explosion it looks like it could have been an old arty shell they buried and rigged with a command line. Lots of old shells lying around Iraq i hear. I belive the Vietcong used similar tactics with old or unused shells.
If anyone did survive they would have been pretty badly injured, just being that close to an explosion that big regardless of how well armored you are is going to cause serious injury.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
The so called "resistance"has killed by far more Iraqis than Americans in their cowardly attacks. Many Iraqis do welcome the Americans. Your view is distorted because of media and the like. Try this link for a little more truth

i was more refering to the people that attack US forces not
the terrorists that attack their own people

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well, god bless the troops, right?

Interesting that attacks continue while talks are about to begin between insurgents and Iraqi/U.S. diplomats.

I called this from the beginning that this would eventually happen. Both parties have something to gain it seems. This is the same thing that happened in the Phillipines in the 1900's. Their insurgency eventually died down and we are now partners with them.

-wD

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
atleast its not suvilian target

its just a US military convoy ( what do they expect they invaded a country its not like everyones going to keep them welcome )

No one in the US military were expecting major Iraqi resistance after we invaded and liberated Iraq by ousting Saddam Hussein from power. At least the guerilla "resistance" was secretly planned in advance by Saddam well before the war and the Fedayeen led the way in 2003.

another point to the Iraqi resistance

By supporting the Iraqi "resistance", which composed largely of foreign/Islamic and al Qaeda militants from outside Iraq, you are not doing any good to the people of Iraq and the reconstruction efforts by the US and coalition forces. The occupation was and still is necessary for the stability of a liberated country from tyranny. The only dumb mistake made by the US military was the disbanding of the Iraqi Army after the ouster of Saddam and the captures of his top commanders.

Know Newton's Third law of motion? For every action force there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force.

Meaning: the Iraqi "resistance" hits the US troops, the US troops hits back. Only harder and deadlier. In this American military mindset, the troops are trained to hit the enemy hard, harder, hardest and just about everything they can throw at the enemy, no matter how hard it can get.

In other words: We do not back down until we finish the fight on our own terms, not on the enemy's.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Facinating video....
It was pretty abstract so I didnt get the gut revulsion I would have gotten had I actually seen any of my fellow Americans die. All in all though an interesting look at insurgent propaganda I wonder what they were singing about in the background also the symbol they used was pretty interesting I wonder which group uses it.

It really is an amazing situation we've gotten ourselves into the whole thing reminds me of Dune.

The more I view it the more it sinks in that some of my fellow Americans just died.

Insurgent Bastards...
God I hate war!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
The so called "resistance"has killed by far more Iraqis than Americans in their cowardly attacks. Many Iraqis do welcome the Americans. Your view is distorted because of media and the like. Try this link for a little more truth

i was more refering to the people that attack US forces not
the terrorists that attack their own people

They are both the same. They attack American, Iraqi. It's all the same to them. Many of the ones actually attacking are not from Iraq anyways.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Jihad, fatwa's, holy war, Bin Ladin, Israel, Iran, Iraq this war is only about religion.
OBL hit the twin towers in the name of his god mohamad, but lets not pull religon into this war.

Pssst....your ignorance is showing! OBL, nor any other self-respecting Muslim would EVER equate Mohammed with being God. Mohammed is a prophet and by NO MEANS the God they worship.

Additionally, this is NOT a war about religion, but instead a war fueled by hatred and vindictiveness as a result of unfair US foreign policy which is using religion as a slip-cover. If it IS about religion, I think it goes the other way, with Bush wishing to export American "Christian" values and democracy as far as the eye can see. With Bush calling it a "crusade" I don't see how you could think any different...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The people attacking the coalition forces arent fighting the US mainly for religious purposes. The attacks on theire own people as in mosque's that is for religion.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
This is a video of a US Stryker being hit by an IED.

This is a disturbing video.

My hate for the Muslum Insergents only deepens after viewing this video.

This neighborhood should have been flatened after this attack!

www.jihadunspun.com.../home.php&

Not speaking politically, BUT WASTE THE MOTHER F*CKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAN!!! Were the circle things BODIES??? I hope 2 God that it wasn't.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEAL Trident
Not speaking politically, BUT WASTE THE MOTHER F*CKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAN!!! Were the circle things BODIES??? I hope 2 God that it wasn't.

I know the feeling, man. I'm not sure it's the bodies. It's hard to determine 'em from the distance. It could be large metal objects or something flung into the air by the explosion. You would have to run-through it few times and determine 'em carefully with an eagle-sharp eye.

I've seen worse. Those "insurgents" are true cowards, resorting to hiding IEDs and detonate from the distance.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Dunno, but again, God Forbit that they were people.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by SEAL Trident]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i work on demi strykers and i would like to say that war its self is a mental thing that %%%%s with your mind. i clean out the striyker after its been burned up and yes i do find somethings that are... yea

top topics

<< 1   >>

join