It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twilight Zone Gold Edition!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I just purchased one of the Twilight Zone Gold Editions! Cost me around £200 pounds, which seems a fair Smack at first, but considering it is a limited edition, and a single series costs around £70, it is actually a pretty good price!

I have been a fan for a while, but it is hardly ever on UK tv, sometimes it makes an appearence on the Sci-Fi channel, but that is about it.
I have seen some episodes in the past, and really liked them, including the famous "Nighmare at 20,000 feet" episode!
So, the chance arose, and i got it! Can't wait to watch it!

So what can i expect? I am sure we have many Twilight Zone fans here. Will it be as good as i am hoping, which episodes are stand-outs, etc.

By the way, i am unemployed, and have just spent £200 on this thing, maybe not the most wise of decisions, but what the heck!!

P.S. here is a picture of it!

[edit on 8-6-2005 by PurityOfPeace]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurityOfPeace
including the famous "Nighmare at 20,000 feet" episode!
So, the chance arose, and i got it! Can't wait to watch it!

William Shatner at his best

That really is a great episode. The monster... oh the monster

One of my favorites is "To Serve Man", also "Living Doll" , "I Sing the Body Electric", "Five Characters in Search of an Exit" and "Will the Real Alien Please Stand Up". There's also another one, I forget the name of it, but it's in a suburban neighborhod and the sirens start going off, so people think they're going to be nuked. Only one family has a bomb shelter, and there's not enough room for all their friends, so they all go crazy. Great episode

They're all great! I love the show

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

William Shatner at his best

That really is a great episode. The monster... oh the monster

Yeah, i think that was probably the first episode i saw.
I remember watching it with a couple friends, when he pulled back the curtain on the window to reveal that big Yeti thing, we all laughed like crazy!!

Good to hear that you think they are all great! Makes me feel a little better about paying so much money for it.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I'd probably buy it as well, but I've already got a few seasons on DVD, so it'd be kind of wasteful to go and buy that set too. I'll get the set in the individual season DVD's, and you can get them pretty cheap now, too.

£200 is a lot, but hey, not a doubt in my mind you'll enjoy them. Entertainment for months to come
Just compensate by not doing anything else, no movies, no pub, etc.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia£200 is a lot, but hey, not a doubt in my mind you'll enjoy them. Entertainment for months to come
Just compensate by not doing anything else, no movies, no pub, etc.

Yeah, a few sacrafices here and there will need to be made, but i am not too bothered. Once i get it i will probably go on the mother of all Twilight Zone marathons, i get like that when i get new stuff.
I got all the previous series of family guy a while back and watched them all back to back.... Good Times!!

top topics

join