It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: White House Changes Reports to Cast Doubt on Climate Experts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
HOW MANY TIMES?

BURNING HYDROCARBONS PRODUCES AMONG OTHER THINGS CO2

INCREASED LEVELS OF CO2 IN THE EARTHS ATMOSPHERE IN THE PAST HAS BEEN PROVEN TO RAISE GLOBAL TEMPRATURES

MAN HAS BEEN MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF HYDROCARBONS SINCE THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION 150 YEARS AGO!

ITS A SCIENTIFIC FACT!!! NO DEBATE ITS JUST A BASIC HIGH SCHOOL CHEMISTRY LEVEL FACT!!

Do people who deny the MASSIVE INDEPENDANT SCIENTIFIC DATA AND RESEARCH FOR THE evidence of global warming not live in the real world? Why do they believe politicians and their paid experts instead of ones who are non-biased and actually know their stuff? Is it like the war in Iraq you still believe there was WMD there?

The data is there, the evidence in paper after paper by the leading Experts in the world on this issue is there... EDUCATE YOURSELF OF THE FACTS

Either bainwashed or ignorant or hiding behind fear and guilt IMHO

TODAY AGAIN MORE EVIDENCE

The world's largest frozen peat bog is melting, which could speed the rate of global warming, New Scientist reports. The huge expanse of western Siberia is thawing for the first time since its formation, 11,000 years ago. The area, which is the size of France and Germany combined, could release billions of tonnes of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. This could potentially act as a tipping point, causing global warming to snowball, scientists fear. The situation is an "ecological landslide that is probably irreversible and is undoubtedly connected to climatic warming," researcher Sergei Kirpotin, of Tomsk State University, Russia, told New Scientist magazine.

Off course many will say that its part of a Natural Process...BUT

The whole western Siberian sub-Arctic region has started to thaw, he added, and this "has all happened in the last three or four years".

Now before anyone says that is part of the natural Ice age cycle KNOW YOU SUBJECT BEFORE embarressing yourself further.... yeah right 3-4 years is the same as the Ice Cores samples shwoing the last cycle of this, happening NOT!

I really cant be bothered to provide page after page of scientific paper and not theories but Scientific data and repeatable measurements that HAVE SHOWN BEYOND DOUBT THAT MAN DOES AT LEAST CONTRIBUTE TO GLOBAL WARMING.

Look at the Sea of the US coast..2-5 degrees hotter thna normal the food chain is collapsing now.

Look at the Glaciers in Iceland.

Look at the Himalayas

Look at the worst moonsoon ever just last week.

Maybe closer to Home Look at the recent deaths from Hottest Temps on record.

Just look dont bother reading the facts and science if you cant understand it or dont want to be bothered. Or maybe your in the Oil business anyhow?

MischeviouslyStunnedByIgnorance

PS will post some of those links now Rant over if anyone would like more just U2U me please.
Scripps (american) Oceanographic Institute - Proof of Sea Temp Rise from man and Global Warming

Its Affects Around the US

Study proves Americans knowledge and Understanding of Global Warming is the Same as Developing Countries

IT IS NOT DEBATED OUTSIDE THE US ITS TAKEN AS FACT BY NEARLY EVERY NATION ON EARTH AND NEARLY ALL THE SCIENTISTS AND EXPERTS IN THIS MATTER.

SOME MORE PROOF

MischeviouslyDefendingMotherEarth

[edit on 11-8-2005 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Wow, and a double post, too. You know what they say, if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with you know what.

This thread was originally about legitimate scientific reports that already had administration approval being doctored (or lawyered, as the case may be) to cast doubt on their findings. Harper's Magazine's August edition has some examples of Cooney's work (portions edited out are in parentheses, portions added are in bold). Interestingly enough, Cooney has now gone on to a job in public relations with Exxon-Mobil, his reward for perpetrating injustice and fraud. How fitting, indeed.

"Many scientific observations (point to the conclusion) indicate that the Earth (is) may be undergoing a period of relatively rapid change.

Humans have become agents of environmental change, at least on timescales of decades to centuries, even as the quality of living standards for billions of people has improved monumentally in the past century and a half.

These models are useful for performing if-then scenario experiments that make it possible to begin to explore the potential implications of different technological and institutional conditions for future emissions, (and) climate, and sustained and expanded wealth and living standards.

Longer growing seasons are likely to be reflected in changes in plant life cycles and associated insects and disease, and possibly in the migratory patterns of associated wildlife. [Balance? How about more food and forest products for humanity? Lower prices for consumers of food and forest products throughout the U.S. economy and the world.]

Briefings, forums, workshops, and other forms of engagement between researchers and stakeholders increase the likelihood that research will contribute to improved decision making. At the same time, we should always be vigilant in ensuring the independence of research and resist its being influenced or biased by the policy agendas of decision-makers."

Global warming, global cooling, how about global climatic disruption? The Gulf Stream shutting down? The Siberian tundra defrosting? The deforestation of Sumatra by fire choking Malaysia? The oceans reaching critical CO2 saturation? The deep sea sub-zero currents that really control the climate and atmosphere being disrupted? It is happening all around us every day, escalating in frequency and scale.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Wow, and a double post, too. You know what they say, if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with you know what.

Apologies to the (actually it was quadruple) QUADRUPLE poster, but I think 2 mods were simultaneously deleting dups and we accidently got them ALL.

I started from the bottom. No copy here. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ooops, oh darn! That tripe got deleted. At least it resurrected the story and inspired me to post Cooney's efforts at spin-lawyering. I'm thankful for that.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Icarus Rising im glad that now the four piles of BS have been removed (only meant playfully to the poster! it must have taken some time to write that!) we can return to the important topic that you initially raised. I posted very quickly my above post in response to the poster mentioned above but some valid points there too between the Shouting that some people seem to miss.

On the point of the Current US administrations attitude to this entire subject was also highlighted in another event, mainly that between the worlds most renowned Expert on the Climate and the Bush Administration. Bush and Co won though that battle though but not in the minds of those who were aware of it so therefore I quote and strongly strongly advise you to read the entire article on the link below. It almost puts the accusations of this story beyond doubt:

Dr Rajendra Pachauri, the chairman of the official Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), told an international conference attended by 114 governments in Mauritius this month that he personally believes that the world has "already reached the level of dangerous concentrations of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere" and called for immediate and "very deep" cuts in the pollution if humanity is to "survive".

He truly is the leading Expert in this massively complex area? Did you hear of this story? no I doubt it especially if in the USA it never hit one network or station and only two newspapers (weekenders) in the UK!!!! that’s how much complicity there is on spin and giving false data and witholding evidence from the public....

So come hold my hand let me take you now, to where it may not be as comfortable as you feel when they tell you its ok...No come with me and explore further what this man has to think and in consequence what the USA did in response. I would also like to show below how the Bush Admin has been proven to change data or withhold it since they first came into power.

His comments rocked the Bush administration - which immediately tried to slap him down - not least because it put him in his post after Exxon, the major oil company most opposed to international action on global warming, complained that his predecessor was too "aggressive" on the issue.

Now there is a surprise and a historical precedent to the current scandal, it was further reported:

memorandum from Exxon to the White House in early 2001 specifically asked it to get the previous chairman, Dr Robert Watson, the chief scientist of the World Bank, "replaced at the request of the US". The Bush administration then lobbied other countries in favour of Dr Pachauri - whom the former vice-president Al Gore called the "let's drag our feet" candidate, and got him elected to replace Dr Watson, a British-born naturalized American, who had repeatedly called for urgent action.

Oh yes everyone forgets Dr .Watson, but it doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to deduce that if you have an well regarded, independent expert the top of his field in the world, saying something, and paid Bush and Co yes men saying something else, who is the most trustworthy, accurate, non biased, and basically right. Dr Watson was forced out by Moriarti (Bush and Co) but they then want to force out this new expert saying exactly the same thing.

It was further reported:

He told delegates: "Climate change is for real. We have just a small window of opportunity and it is closing rather rapidly. There is not a moment to lose."

I believe you Dr...you have broad agreement from everyone else who is independent in this field and actually know their stuff (did you know Bush reads less (as recorded in his diary he even doesn’t read the briefing papers in the morning he also stated on a return o Yale 'C graders see you can be president too!) than any other president in history. He had never even left the USA or gone abroad when he took office, he thought Africa was an actual country! He didn’t know the name of the leader of one of the other nuclear weapons powers! and people listen to him about probably the most complex science there is climatology!!!! its like taking your sick and dying child to a vet.) sorry had to rant there!)) So DR yep your word as stated by your ousted predecessor has much more credence with me than any advice from Biased Sources.

He further said:

Afterwards he told The Independent on Sunday that widespread dying of coral reefs, and rapid melting of ice in the Arctic, had driven him to the conclusion that the danger point the IPCC had been set up to avoid had already been reached.

Naughty Dr Watson you aren’t meant to be doing your job, as has been shown from the above and the current thread topic there is a different agenda!!! you must comply or you will be AssimiOiliated by the Bush and the collective of Neocon crazies and money men.

Originally Posted in the Independent on Sunday in the UK

Im sure though that there will be still some people who deny global warming is man made or mainly, who will ignore the historical precedents of the current administration, who will not accept the two most eminent Climatologists in the worlds views. They will refuse to see the truth of the scandal that IMHO puts WorldCom and similar events into perspective, they truly were nothing compared to the current activities of Bush and CO on this and many issues. I know that history will judge the general American population badly for its lack of interest and questioning on this most important of matters. Bloody hell you impeach a President for getting Blowed, but corruption, duplicity, false accounting, deceit, war and invasion, breaking of human rights, and maybe even complicity in killing it own citizens and nothing happens. Whatever fair enough you voted him in again!!! its your choice, BUT ON THE QUESTION OF GLOBAL WARMING ITS EFFECTING US ALL AND MAY DESTROY LIFE AS WE KNOW IT!

So to be honest any American who spends anytime researching and educating themselves on this, has no respect from me unless, and indeed as a member of that nation, actually owes me and the rest of humanity at least the effort to hassle your local elective representative to get this stopped now! and for the truth and lies to stop...truly the world is dying for the sake of a few rich men making more money, its all down to that and many of them are currently in Bush's circle. Go on to alleviate your guilt maybe, to make yourself feel better, to right a wrong, for a laugh, to actually make those you pay and elect do hat there meant to...whatever your motivation please please please pick up a phone or email someone now about this issue and get others too. PLEASE DO IT NOW! quote something’s mentioned in this article ask why did bush do that? you want answers I know I do, because I cant work out if he is truly as stupid as he acts or purely doesn’t care, you know evil. Lets find out.

So if what this thread the current earth events you can see happening around us still don’t sway you how about some more expert quotes on this:

Climate change poses a bigger threat to the planet than terrorism - so says the UK government's chief scientific adviser

Sir David King PhD MRCSS B.Sc (1st Oxford - Hons Chem) Associate Proffessor at Cambridge Chemical research lab trinity college.

Hey does his credentials stand up or still want to believe government controlled media lies about this issue?

The World Health Organisation's Europe Global Change and Health Programme has estimated that more than 25,000 people died in last year's European heat wave, caused by global warming

World Health Organisation a good source?? no maybe the American paid and biased due to funding scientists around bush are still right, I mean this is a conspiracy focused site right...so maybe everyone else in the world, all the NGO's all the other Kyoto Governments all the Experts from both the independent and government sector are wrong...I mean its just Bush and 20 paid by oil funded scientists who are actually right. Its all a conspiracy!! maybe the UN wants to invade under the pretext of stopping a false global warming...

so if you took too little Lithium this morning, or are still undecided on weather to accept this is truly happening, i.e. man made global warming and government deception and corruption on the issue, lets look at some more people who might be valid:

British Prime Minister Tony Blair says addressing climate change is his key priority during the UK's chairing of the G8.

And:

The Pentagon says climate change should be "elevated beyond a scientific debate to a national security concern."

To be honest its getting to the point actually America that you are becoming a serious national security concern to the planet. How and Why can a land of soo much intelligence, passion, optimism and potential also bee soo ignorant and have the wool pulled over their eyes for soo long?

MischeviosulyStunnedThisIsStillDebated

(ps im not US or Bush bashing its just the truth as shown in the links, I don’t despise America at all but this issue certainly does make me both angry at what’s going on as shown above, I see soo many statements about the fact that it is not proven etc...its unsure WTF are you guys going on about...for once engage your brains before you put your mouths into gear It is proven recently by American Scientists and historical records and basic Chemistry, and the proven misrepresentation of the facts by the current US government, its lies and Bias do make me very angry)

Regards

Elf

edit for spelling and grammah :-)

[edit on 12-8-2005 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
MischeviouslyFunnyandCorrectascanbe,

You have voted MischeviousElf for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I should vote the other two for you, as well.

Hey, can I copy and e-mail your post to family and friends, or does T&C require I send the link instead?

I mean, I laughed so hard, and you are so right, what more can I say?

Thank you.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
IcarusRising,
Thanks

Please do distribute whatever thoughts I contribute that you want to.

Also just to maybe offer some more evidence for anyone at all, once and for all about this very recent developments are both startling and expected:

This research has only just been published and with the recent knowledge, that the data that most of the anti climate change lobby, have used for years in defense of their stance, as their so called "evidence" is not correct. Infact now the technical issue has been fixed the Correct data shows a rapid change in the climate. Also:

East coast, Greenland — Independent scientists on board the Greenpeace ship Arctic Sunrise yesterday discovered that a Greenland glacier has accelerated in the past nine years, exceeding all expectations, and has now become one of the fastest moving glaciers in the world. These observations validate predictions of the response of Greenland glaciers to recent climate change.

Seems pretty conclusive to me and:

Preliminary findings indicate Kangerdlugssuaq Glacier on Greenland's east coast could be one of the fastest moving glaciers in the world with a speed of almost 14 kilometres per year. The measurements were made this week using high precision GPS survey methods. The results were compared with measurements made with satellite imagery that revealed the glacier's speed was five kilometres per year in 1988. In addition, Kangerdlugssuaq Glacier unexpectedly receded approximately five kilometres since 2001 after maintaining a stable position for the past 40 years. Outlet glaciers like Kangerdlugssuaq transport ice from the heart of the Greenland Ice Sheet to the ocean and discharge icebergs which contribute to sea level rise. Kangerdlugssuaq Glacier alone transports or "drains" four percent of the ice from the Greenland Ice Sheet, and so any changes in the speed of these glaciers holds tremendous significance in terms of sea level rise.

Nice Sea Level Rise now as well as wierd and extreme weather:

"Greenland's shrinking glaciers are sending an urgent warning to the world that action is needed now to stop climate change," said Martina Krueger, Greenpeace Expedition Leader on board the Arctic Sunrise. "How many more urgent warnings does the Bush Administration need before it takes meaningful action on climate change?" said Krueger.

I tried to post the picture on the site, its startling the projection based on this Independant Data, look at the photo there.

I think think the Quote above says it all really.
Related ATSNN Article

MischeviouslyInstallingSolarPanels

Regards
Elf

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Great stuff. Hard to question the acceleration data. You really should submit an Op/Ed piece on this to ATSNN. Get it out in front of everybody again. I would just cut and paste and update the two posts above, and off you go. This can't get enough exposure, though sometimes I feel like its yelling ICEBERG! from the bow of the TITANIC moments before impact.

Keep up the great work!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join