It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

priory of Zion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i've always been interested in the priory of zion or Sion, do anyone have any idea how one would go about becomming a member of them? (this thread is assuming they exist, for all you scepticts out there.)

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's unlikely that you could be a member of the Priory. After all they are a super secret society that keep the Secret of the Holy Grail.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
i've always been interested in the priory of zion or Sion, do anyone have any idea how one would go about becomming a member of them? (this thread is assuming they exist, for all you scepticts out there.)

Yes, just be born into a Royal House of Old Europe. Or, be related by blood to Jesus Christ. Or be a member of The House of David.

Should be easy!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

It would be hard to join, considering that, like the Illuminati, there has never been any proof of its existence. Wikipedia actually states that evidence suggest it is nothing more than a long-running literary hoax.

Uma

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
just be born into a Royal House of Old Europe.

Hm, my mom's family were barons (related to the kings and queens of just about every royal house in Europe for sure) until a second son moved to the US in the 1600's (and married the daugter of the colonial governor). In the US we are related to many presidents, although none closer than Aunt.

Plus the line claims to be related to Joseph of Arimathea, Charlemagne (and thus Jesus, right?), Julius Caesar, the prophet Mohammed, David, etc, etc, etc, IF I were believe everything I read on the internet.

I couldn't even get an invite to join the Dragon Court! Although I did attend a very nice black tie social in a nice big house, where a nice lady gave me a gift bag. They asked my friend to join, apparantly because his last name is one of the ones on their list of descendants of Christ. The nerve!!

Where is MY Priory of Sion guardian???? Hm?

Ok, the fact is that the Priory of Sion was disbanded in the middle ages and the one that Plantard founded is a fake.

The Dan Brown books are nice reading, but just don't take this stuff too seriously, it can't be proven.

And, if it can, where's MY share?

[edited quote, please no 'stacked' or 'layered' quotes - nygdan]

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I guess your invite is lost in the mail dude. Or, maybe they just not the sort of people that the Priory Of Sion is looking.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Fine i'll start my own "priory of sion." lol

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
From what I've read the Priory of Sion is a hoax perpetrated by a guy called Pierre Plantard. For what reason the hoax was done i really have no idea.
There is no concrete evidence the Priory existed. Although from my research there was a Priory du sion operating in the holy land during the Crusades but it was most likely a Mission set up to give shelter and medical help to pilgrims journeying to the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
As for the Priory being the power behind the Templars and such there is absolutely no evidence to suggest the Templars were anything other than what they claimed to be, a monastic Order of Knights sworn to poverty and the service of the Latin Kingdom ( in the beginning at least, before they branched out into money lending and got into a bit of trouble with Phillip the (un) fair and the Pope)
I admit some strange things were happening in the area of Rennes-le-Château with the preist Bérenger Saunière but i have not seen any evidence to conclusivly prove that the Priory ever infact existed in the form presented in Holy blood Holy Grail.
Interesting site debunking the priory
here

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Janus]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Plantard did also appear on French radio some time after his TV interview where he claimed to be a member of the Priory, and he was trying to worm his way out of what he had earlier said.

Here in the UK they tried to pass it off as a joke from a surrealist movement headed by Plantard and a couple of others, along with the whole Da Vinci Code as being worthless and laughable. Some of their reasoning was rather funny though. They made mention of one story saying the Templers found it under the temple of Jerusalem, talking about how much of a hardcore, dedicated and militaristic group they were. Then tried to make it seem impossible that they could dig through 50 meters of rock to the caverns below the temple... despite giving it a 9 year timeline for such a tunnel to be dug by such a militant order ;-)

Plus they completely ignored Laurence Gardner's works in their search for the bloodline of the grail, which instantly drops the value of their findings in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nairod
Plus they completely ignored Laurence Gardner's works in

can you maybe show something on laurence gardner? i'm not familiar with his writings.

[edited quote, keep quotes small everyone please - nygdan]

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Here is Gardners homepage. I don't subscribe to his thoughts and ideas about the Grail but it does make interesting reading.
To me the Grail is an ideal, something spiritual and just out of reach. The Grail isn't the bloodline of Jesus or anything as base as a cup or bowl. It is the quest for the spiritual meaning of the message that Christ tried to impart to us that is the most important part of the Grail myths and legends.
If we look at the Knights of myth and legend like Parsaval and Gawain and even Authur himself we see that their quest for the Grail is full of sacrifice and hardship and in the end the Grail remains elusive, just beyond their reach.
So perhaps it is the Quest itself that is important, not the Grail. Perhaps by embarking upon the Quest they gained enlightenment through the suffering and sacrifice and in the end the Grail was a just something that spurs on all who seek it. And i think that the people who wrote the story of the Grail legend were trying to tell us that the journey to find Gods grace and favor never really ends and that we should take as much as we can from the journey itself because the Grail will always be just beyond the next hill or buried in the next tomb and that the only time we may look upon it is when we stand before God on our own day of judgement.
Just my opinions of course but people will always seek to possess that which cannot be possessed.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uma

Hm, my mom's family were barons (related to the kings and queens of just about every royal house in Europe for sure) until a second son moved to the US in the 1600's (and married the daugter of the colonial governor). In the US we are related to many presidents, although none closer than Aunt.

The title of "Baron" is an heriditary NOBLE title, rather than a royal one. A baron, before the Renaissance, was a tenant (renter) of royal lands, who usually presided over a local court at law. During the Renaissance, the title became in the British peerage system, and it's connections to land began to dissolve.

So, your ancestor certainly had royal landlords. But that doesn't make you royal or anything.

Or even noble, for that matter. "I used to be lord high muckety-muck back in England" sounds like the sort of thing a fellow might tell a pretty lady, in order to impress her. Especially since second sons were usually made a "knight batchelor" under the older son, and given subsidiary lands, titles, and duties.

But then, the human race propogates by illicit liasons. You and I both probably have more "royal blood" in our veins do to illicit trysts in our ancestry than we do via "official records" anyway.

Uma

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I agree that the family is "noble" and not "royal" but they did marry princesses and whatnot.

Also a descendant of the following "royals" apparantly:

Brian Boru (High King of Ireland) (and a few more early Irish and Norse royals)

Kings of Wales -- I can't even begin to list, and can't spell most of their names.

Kings of Scotland Duncan I, Malcolm III and David I plus Robert the Bruce of "Braveheart" fame to name a few

King of France - Henry I
Phillip III & IV
Louis IX
Robert II
Hugh Capet

Kings of England
King of England - Edward Athling and Edmund Ironside
William the conqueror
King Edward I ( the evil plantagenet) and his wife Eleanor of Castile
( her father King of Leon and Castile - Alfonso VI)
Edward II and III
Henry III
Henry II (and Eleanor of Aquitaine)
Richard II
(and more)

King Vladimir I of Poland
King Olaf III of Sweden
+Kings of Denmark, Italy, Portugal, etc, but I am getting tired of looking them up.

I realize that these kings were medieval, but some of them are the bloodline that the Priory of Sion is claimed to protect.

Well anyway, my claim to head of the NWO is about as good as "Prince" Nicholas de Vere

www.dagobertsrevenge.com...

p.s. No I don't take this stuff too seriously, I do find it interesting however...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What is this priory of sion all about? I've seen it mentioned several times on ATS, never really read the threads in detail...but what is it exactly?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
An organization founded in 1099 to protect the secret of the Holy Grail.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Majestic12]

Uma

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Priory of Sion was a medieval monastic order.

I believe they were either related to the Knights Templar, or at least around at the same time as the crusades.

They did exist, evidently, but were disbanded.

Everything else is probably a rumor or outright lies.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

i've always been interested in the priory of zion or Sion, do anyone have any idea how one would go about becomming a member of them?

Its almost certain that the group never existed, but, if we pretend it does, and we pretend that it has grand masters and initiates, then we can say that it must recruit people. So in order to get into it, one would have to know what it does, and how to attract its attention and let it know that you feel the same as they do and want to join. After that, I'd assume our imaginary initiates would check you out and make a decision.

So, why do you want to join the priory?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uma
They did exist, evidently, but were disbanded.

What evidence suggests that the 'priory' did in fact exist? And what relates it to the templars??

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm going to be a spoilsport

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Trinityman]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Er? Whats that got to do with it?

Did you mean a different link, that was just to one abot mensa. I do not follow.

[edit to add, after Trinityman's correction:
"Ah, now that link is illuminating' - nygdan]

[edit on 13-6-2005 by Nygdan]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join