It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

xm8 no more?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
that is what i was wondering lol

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Most likley is, not like you can leave your post for a leak and if you took one up the wall the next guy to stand watch there is going to be very upset that he had to stand watch with the stink of your urine up his nose.

M6D

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
man, if that was me, id throw that bottle and some insurgants...or somthing

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
that article is 7 months old...is there anything up-to-date on this gun.?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

the m14 also shoots an obsolite round sure you should have a one shot kill but you dont need that much fire power to get it i would go with the 6.8mm

Try telling someone who takes a shot from a 7.62 round that its obsolete. Thats why the US Army kept the M60 when the M16 came around. Lighter is not always better.

It's a good weapon, but not as an infantry weapon.

I am, of course, assuming we had 'old-school' infantry that actually trained for war. I'm sure a hardcore grunt from back in the day would have no problem carryng and M-14 and plenty of ammon to be the deadliest thing on the battlefield

[edit on 17-6-2005 by KyleChemist]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyleChemist
I am, of course, assuming we had 'old-school' infantry that actually trained for war. I'm sure a hardcore grunt from back in the day would have no problem carryng and M-14 and plenty of ammon to be the deadliest thing on the battlefield

I wonder where your old-school hardcore grunts were to be found in the last century´s wars up to after the Vietnam conflict... remember, those were fought by drafted troops... I dont want to flame you, but this post seems like a severe case of "good-old-times" syndrome

There were valid reasons not to continue with the M14s, and they are still valid today.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Goodluck trying to use that M14 is enclosed spaces, it's not a good CQB weapon at all

Ofcourse there are compact M14's out there as well.

I still say they need to make a gun that uses 6.8 or 6.5mm rounds.

M6D

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
are the FN FAL and M14 any diffrent in close quarters? after all, the british army used the FN FAL a lot longer then the US the M14, yet both fired the same heavy round, and both fired single burst due to recoil, same mag capacity to...hmm?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I wonder where your old-school hardcore grunts were to be found in the last century´s wars up to after the Vietnam conflict... remember, those were fought by drafted troops... I dont want to flame you, but this post seems like a severe case of "good-old-times" syndrome

There were valid reasons not to continue with the M14s, and they are still valid today.

Draftee troops have been proven time and again to be the best fighters in the world. Just ask an old German, North Korean, or North Vietnamese who routinley got their butts kicked by well trained, well led draftee troops (we are probably never going to agree on this, so there is probably no point in arguing about it). Read Steel My Soldiers Heart by Col. Hackworth (the finest US soldier ever). He has always claimed the draftee army is the best.

You didn't flame me, I'm very 'old-school' in my beliefs. If you read your history, the M-16 was universally despised when it was first issued. Many units simply refused to give up the M-14. In many special forces units the M-14 is still used.

I'd bet if he were alive today, General Patton would walk right past a brand new M-16, M-29, or XM-8 to get to an M-14.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by KyleChemist]

M6D

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
general patton would also head for the first weapon that was familiar....the M14 :p

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join