It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pitcher Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
See, all ghosts are out there to spook ya, some are trying to get ya drunk!

In Rockport, Maine, there is a tale of a ghost who carries two pitchers of beer with him. The story behind it says William Richardson lived in colonial America around the time of the Revolutionary War. One night he found a privateer who had commandeered a British ship and was running from royal persuers. He found his way to Goose river, where he met Will. Will, who hated the British, saw a chance to get back at them, even in a small way, and helped Will hide the British boat.

Proud of his accomplishment, he went to a local bar and threw a party for the whole town, who felt as he did. He proceeded to get himself and the rest of the party drunk, making his way around the place with a pitcher in each hand, filling any glass which was more than half empty.

He left the party and was walking across a small bridge which crossed the Goose river. While crossing, he encountered 3 riders and offered them a drink because he had something to celebrate in spiting the Brits. Unfortunately for him, the riders were British sympathisers, and they ran him down, killing him.

Ever since, travelers have reported seeing a strange drunken man staggering across the bridge. If they pull over to see if he's ok, he walks over to their car and thrusts a pitcher of beer their way. Dunno if it's drinkable

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
lol i was just reading about this a few days back!
there was an Investigation in to this ghost tale....

www.paranormalinvestigators.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
A ghost that offers you alcohol? Now thats my kind of ghost!...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
A ghost that offers you alcohol? Now thats my kind of ghost!...

You may be a bit scared at first, but after a few drinks, he starts to seem like an okay guy.

The ghost likes Candi!

new topics

top topics

join