It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA wants to add more sewage to waterways

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The EPA now wants to allow only partially treated human sewage to be dumped into the nations waterways. It drops the requirement that the biological pathogens be killed before the sewage is released into rivers, lakes and other waterways.

How about more of these in your rivers and lakes:
salmonellosis, cholera, hepatitis, and dysentery, among many others.

Now realize these organisms get into the shell fish that fishermen catch, and you may subsequently eat. Not too appetizing to say the least.

Swimming in that soup of bacteria viruses and pathogens doesn't sound too pleasant either.

Many water sources are downstream of other sewage sources, do you wan't your drinking water to be coming directly from untreated sewage water? I sure the 'F' don't.

The original aim of the EPA was to protect the environment, Now in the Bush administration it seems bent on making America a toxic dumping ground.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I guess EPA doesn't think that our water is poison enough they want to add a littler bit of more spice in it.

Our environmental standards has gotten down the drain in the last four years.

Occurs pharmaceuticals are more than thrill to have more sick people depending on medications.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I guess not to many from the epa live here in michigan ware you cant go
more than 6 miles whithout runing into a stream,river,or a lake.
thats alot of kids playing in harmful waters.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This isn't very encouraging. In fact, it's disgusting.

"While I sympathize with these towns regarding finances, these infrastructure challenges should not be met by weakening public health protections," he wrote.

ya think?

Or wait, how about we save money by letting in untreated sewage, and THEN, take the money from people (that they might not have) when they get sick from it.

new topics

top topics

join