It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Body Parts Fall From Plane Landing at JFK Airport in NY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This morning (6/7/05) at around 7am Pam Hearne of Floral Park NY heard a loud noise and upon investigation found that human body parts had crashed into the roof of her garage. A flight that originated in South Africa with one stop in Dakar, Senegal landed at JFK and customs found the remains of an individual in the wheel well of the South African Airways Flight 203.

abclocal.go.com
investigators say before that plane touched down at JFK body parts fell from the wheel well and crashed into a roof and landed in a backyard.

Pam Hearne, Homeowner: "It sounded like metal on metal, it sounded like wood on wood. It was a very, very solid object."

At about 7:00 a.m. Pam Hearne was startled by a loud bang. Something fell from the sky and left a gaping hole in her garage roof.

Pam Hearne: "I noticed something that looked like a human or animal part. My first reaction was maybe it was a horses leg but there is a sneaker on it, so there is a sneaker on the leg. It is a whole leg. The first officers on scene said 'oh my god, this is a human leg and this is a crime scene.' Then soon after one of the officers received the information that a body part had been found in a plane this morning."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What would make a man so desperate that he would attempt to hide in a wheel well of an aircraft? Was he only trying to get out of the country or did he actually know the flight was going to the United States and he thought he could make it here? I am blessed that I cannot imagine the kind of desperation that makes you attempt something like this.

But on reflection, I also have to question the security of international airports that are so lax that a person can get onto the runway and manage to hide in the wheel well of an aircraft. While I know that no one can survive a journey like this would it be possible for someone to actually hide in another part of an aircraft and actually make it into another country. What would the chances be that a terrorist could actually get onboard a plane through some method using this lax security?

[edit on 7-6-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Desperate people try to do this all the time, and I agree it is sad.

They must be completely ignorant to the fact that it would be impossible for a man to survive in the unpressurized open environment of a plane's wheel bay for almost any flight, let alone a flight from South Africa to New York!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
People hiding in the wheel wells of aircraft is not particularly common, but it is far from unheard of. If you can't imagine the kind of desparation that would lead one to risk life and limb for freedom, you are probably very lucky, at best.

Boy hiding in gear compartment killed

english.sina.com...

8 NOVEMBER 2000: MUNICH

A Deutsche BA flight returned to Munich when the pilot could not retract the landing gear. A Romanian stowaway was hiding in the wheel well.
www.asi-mag.com...

[edit on 05/6/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
How people can be so stupid as to even try using the wheel wells of aircraft is beyond me. If the cold does not kill you the lack of pressurization will.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If this guy is a comlete idiot for doing this, then what the hell does that say about airliner security, that such an ingnorant and inexperienced person can get in?

Obviously, there is no way that the US can 'protect' itself from serious attacks. What if that guy was infected with smallpox? His dead body parts could spread the disease no? Or other diseases no?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yes of course Nygdan.

Unfortunately the U.S. can't enforce security at foreign airports. Can you imagine the outcry from the liberals on this board alone if we tried?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I actually was under the impression that most other countries had more security in their airports than we have had here for years. But this wouldn't be the first time I have been wrong and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Is there anyone knowledgeable than I about aircraft who can tell us if there are areas of airplanes that can be accessed from the ground and where people could survive a trip across the ocean?

Nygdan what you said about the smallpox or other diseases is very interesting and very frightening.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Nygdan,
I swear you have made it your mission in life today to say things in which we agree. How is this possible??

I even started up another thread using this leg from the sky source as a way to quickly run down the various ways that our "new more secure" america is actually very insecure.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Uma

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What a horrible way to die.

This person could easily have planted a bomb...

I am thinking that it might be possible to sneak into the hold of an aircraft, say at night, although I am not sure if they are pressurized.

Now if a person can get into the galley (in the cargo area of some of the larger planes) then you really have a problem, since they can probably get into the main cabin.

Then again one bomb and everyone's dead anyway...depressing....

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
*AHEM!*

Am I the only one who noticed the correlation between this poor old ladies account of the event and the stereotypical tornado victim’s response "It sounded likea freight train..."

"It sounded like metal on metal, it sounded like wood on wood. It was a very, very solid object."
Ah yes...That sound...a clank-thump eh?

"My first reaction was maybe it was a horses leg but there is a sneaker on it, so there is a sneaker on the leg. It is a whole leg."
Damnit George, another horse's leg fell from the sky and into our garage - Well you go clean that up...Say what?! A horse's leg with a sneaker on it?!....Must be a human leg....A whole leg at that...

Pardon my dark sense of humor on this most unfortunate event...

[edit on 6/7/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well in some of these countries it is not common knowledge the things that can happen to you as a result of hiding in planes, think about it some of these people would be amazed at plumbing, and no I am not trying to be condescending or prejudice against some of these third world countries, so how can they be expected to know these things. Take yourself for instance being dumped into these places would you know how to survive, what hurts you and does not hurt you or kill you? I doubt it. It is easy for us all to say don't they know but the truth is they don't.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Common Knowledge

Originally posted by goose
It is easy for us all to say don't they know but the truth is they don't.

Very true. The daily reality of life for most people in the world is poverty and despair.

A good education is a luxury that most people cannot afford.

In South Africa, life is pretty crappy for most people, and it isn't much better in Senegal, though both countries are doing what they can to improve things.

For someone who has no idea how airplanes work or what conditions are like at 36,000 feet up, and has heard legends about a country where even poor people are rich, it may not seem like an unreasonable chance to take.

Or this could have been the end of a wanted criminal who saw the jet as a providential means of escape. Hard to say.

My guess is that this person died during the flight from Senegal to JFK, then was chopped up by the landing gear as it deployed.

Whatever the details, I'm pretty sure this is only an indirect glimpse of a very sad tale.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
How people can be so stupid as to even try using the wheel wells of aircraft is beyond me. If the cold does not kill you the lack of pressurization will.

No the issue is not the cold, lack of oxygen, or even the folding landing gear mentioned, so much as the several hundred pounds of tire, rims, and breaks coming up turning at take off speed of around 180 mph, they are going to chop up pretty much anything that is between them and the breaking pad on the gear well wall. Worst I have ever hear of was on a 737, where the tires pretty much meet in the middle with no wall between them, and the tires spinning in opposite directions. I have heard of a guy trying to get in the empty spot there and being ripped to shreds by the wheels and the remains splattered over the rear gear well wall.

Originally posted by justme1640
Is there anyone knowledgeable than I about aircraft who can tell us if there are areas of airplanes that can be accessed from the ground and where people could survive a trip across the ocean?

Yes, the passenger compartment, buy a ticket…..lol,

In truth pretty much anywhere else is not pressurized or heated, so you’re dead, either from getting crushed in equipment, freezing, or lack of O2.

That is about all the information you are ever going to get out of any responsible airline person. You’ll never get someone to divulge that kind of information on an internet forum, or even in person if you do not know them well. Heck I have to be careful about the things I know and post about aircraft and aviation on this forum, and there are times when I would love nothing more then to let someone have it because they don’t have a clue what they are talking about. The Pentagon threads being one of those places. The world is not the same place it was pre-9/11 and aviation secrets are even more closely kept then ever.

Spell checker error...lol

[edit on 6/8/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640

I would think that there are places in the cargo hold, where animals would be stowed for the trip, where someone could survive.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Lack of Knowledge.......Although many will attempt to reach the U.S seeking freedom lets not forget that many come from third world countries and lack education and the common principles to understand that life is put to risk.

So I asume they know no better.....It's sad.....

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
jsobecky -- I had thought of the cargo area also but I am not sure if that is accessible from the ground other than when it is being loaded or unloaded. And it is supposed to be checked before take off.

But here is a story of a cargo handler who fell asleep and woke up in another city just the other day so I guess that disproves that theory.

link

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The cargo bay of an airplane is fully pressurized and certainly could sustain human life for a long trip. As previously said animals are kept there OK.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I was reading of how many instances of Stowaways are reported every year around the world.

Most of them don't survive, they die by freezing or falling from the airplane.

Even the air lines included this type of accidents on their Annual word wide statistic summary of accidents.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well reading the above posts made me register to the forum. I've never seen this much ignorance in one place.
I'm from South Africa. I don't care what the BBC or CNN or who-ever tells you this, but South Africa is NOT a third world country. It is the most advanced country in Africa in many fields - and right next to some European countries. I cannot believe that people that's a member to a board of this kind lend out their ears to the media. Don't believe everything you see on the tv.
I can assure you that the Security at Johannesburg International is up to standard - if not better than most airports in the world. I don't think Americans can question the security of an airport if back home it is (was?) disgustingly easy to hijack a plane? I did not wish to offend anyone with that statement - just trying to make a point!
Anyone thought that maybe the guy got up at Senegal?
Yes, this guy was an idiot to do what he did. But there's also American and British idiots who do stupid things on a daily basis. But that doesn't give me the right to call either the UK or the USA a third world country or uneducated for that matter. And not a single South African has any issues with the USA - at least not in such a way that he would kill himself in order to spread smallpox... WTF!?
Get your facts straight, please people. At least before you go making blind/bold statements about another guy's country...

Well, that must've been the most patriotic thing I did all day!

PS - I'm glad I stumbled on your forum. It looks really interesting!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It could of been murder I guess, a long shot I know but he could have been shoved in their before the flight or knocked out and put there.

Im going with the accidental explanation, but this ones always a possibility

top topics

<<   2 >>

join