It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bigfoot" spotted again in central China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is a serious news (*because it come from CNN :
Chinese authorities are investigating several apparent sightings of a legendary 'ape-like' beast at a nature reserve in the central Hubei province.

edition.cnn.com... (Is CNN really a serious new network ?)

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Nice stroy thanx. I always thought it'd be kinda cool if BigFoot was 4 real. If u find anything else out post it.. later

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
"They also claimed to have discovered a three-meter-long (9.9 feet) patch of "foul smelling urine-like liquid" on the road where the creature was seen. "

So we know that they scared it as much as it scared them.... As for CNN, they try to be legitimate.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
A quick note: The fossil remains of 'Gigantopithecus' were also found in China. Gigantopithecus was, it's theorized, a 12 foot tall ape (though no one knows for sure because only its giant molars *and I think jaw parts* have been found. Scientists use the size of these teeth to estimate the creature's total size).

So, who knows, was this a juvenile Gigantopithicus?

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
So they drew an entire ape 12 feet tall from a few jaw pieces and like 4 ot 5 teeth? Pretty cheap fossil dude...

That's like trying to build a gun when all you have is the trigger.

bringin' out possibillities, Tassadar

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Well, it's not as hokey as it sounds, because there are some pretty well-known ratios between teeth size and body size, among primates, that we know of. Sure, the ratio might not be the same for this bad boy, but, within reason, a lower size number would still yield like a 8 or 10 foot tall animal.

Also, you can extrapolate a lot of things from an animal's teeth, like diet, how its circulation worked, its age, etc.

I'll let the anthropologist out there go into this in more detail... but what i forgot to mention above is that some people think Giganto IS bigfoot.

Also, I think some other things, associated with Giganto, have been found.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
one word.....nephilim.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   

A group of Chinese soldiers say they have caught a glimpse of a local version of the Loch Ness Monster.
In a country known for its dragons, the 12 servicemen said they saw a black-headed creature with 10cm (four inch) horns and a scaled back rising out of Tianchi Lake in the north-eastern Jilin province.

Full Story: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Oh my god, the BBC said Nessie doesn't exist?! NoOOoOo!! It can't be true!!

Give me a break.....of course she's still there

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
than a Nessie-like one....from the description....

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Beijing, June 30: An "Ape-like" beast nearly 1.65 metres tall has been sighted in the forests of central China, a media report said today.

The greyish "mythical ape-like animal", suspected by locals to be a "Bigfoot", was reported to have shoulder-length black hair, it said.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.zeenews.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Check out this thread. It has the recording of what is thought to be a Big Foot. Also NIDS does the sound analysis. Quite interesting.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Forgot the thread:

www.nidsci.org...

ID

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I believe that there is to much evidence of Bigfoot for anyone to say that it does not exist. Also the fact that they are in China is not surprising as the ancestors of humans crossed the land bridge millions of years ago. Some big foot may have come along and some may have stayed put. It would explain why they are seen on both continents.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I thought bigfoot was from the pacific northwest....

ID

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I thought bigfoot was from the pacific northwest....

And people used to think the earth was flat. Simply because it is a popular theory does not mean it is fact.

new topics

top topics

join