It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living in spaceships...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Do you think there are alien beings that live in several mile long spaceships rather than a planet? Kind of like in some sci-fi shows

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If we keep it up...we may be those very aliens...as our track record isn't getting any better with how we treat this planet....

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yes, I think they probably do. But, the question is: what are those spaceships made of and where do they get that quantities of material?
That's strange.
In example, check out the SOHO anomalies. If those are spaceships, and I really believe they are( to many details and coincidences ) they are huge, larger than Earth in some cases.
I don't denny it from being possible, but the materials problem is a big questions.
Besides, I'm not sure about what would be the interferences that so huge objects would do in the orbits of the planets.
Certainly it would bring some problems.
Who knows.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I seriously doubt the SOHO images are spacecraft. Aside from the sheer size, it's rather odd that they seem completely horizontally aligned with a camera millions of miles away, doesn't it? It's a camera glitch...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It would be interesting if in our search for extra-solar planets, that we discovered one of the planets we discover isn't a planet at all, but a large artificial structure such as a ringworld or a Dyson sphere.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Who would choose to be Solar dependant , if you didn't have to be ?

Message Brought to you by R.A.Y.S. ( Revolution Against Yellow Stars)

[edit on 7-6-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It would be interesting if in our search for extra-solar planets, that we discovered one of the planets we discover isn't a planet at all, but a large artificial structure such as a ringworld or a Dyson sphere.

"That's no moon..." - Han Solo

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Please keep in mind that the following is really just for reference. Though I believe that if there are civilizations living on massive ships those ships would be a heck of a lot more sturdy than these orbital and colony plans but the basic concept is the same.

Short of it is, I don't know if there are ship civilizations but if you look at the following links it certainly doesn't seem out of the question.

Old from the 70's, just pics; I downloaded a couple and they make spiffy wall paper:

www.nas.nasa.gov...

And for oodles of spacerific info:

www.nas.nasa.gov...

Safe journeys space travelers.

SPiderj

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsr5
Do you think there are alien beings that live in several mile long spaceships rather than a planet? Kind of like in some sci-fi shows

Assuming sufficiently advanced aliens exist to build such a thing, I believe that some of them would live in ships like you describe. This also reminded me of something on a much much larger scale: Dyson Spheres.

en.wikipedia.org...

Although Dyson sphere's aren't technically spaceships, for some reason I thought of them when I read this post, and thought maybe somebody might be interested in the concept.

new topics

top topics

join