It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dress Code

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I hate my schools dress code. Its so impossible to follow by. I mean for girls our shirts have to be 4 in. over the waistband. THEY DON"T EVEN MAKE SHIRTS THAT LONG. O my goodness and i have a long torso so it doesn't help either. I HATE IT I HATE IT. I've had about 10 detentions for dress code. I mean i wasn't even showing skin, and the freak out. I'm sorry if you think I'm a slut for my shirt being 3 in. instead of 4.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What do they do...Get out a ruler and measure the length of your shirt? Or do they just "eyeball" it?

Pretty sad if you ask me....

There was only one rule I followed when I went to school regarding dresscode....Don't wear your hat in the buidling....If I forgot to take it off, that was the only thing I'd get repremanded for...

The last high school I went to though had NO enforcement of their dress code, and there were quite a few instances every day that almost made me wish they did enforce it
....I mean - some of those girls wore NOTHING...It was hard to focus in class when the girl sitting in front of you had half her thong showing...

[edit on 6/7/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
There was only one rule I followed when I went to school regarding dresscode....Don't wear your hat in the buidling....If I forgot to take it off, that was the only thing I'd get repremanded for...

Same here! I went to school in the late 80s/early 90s and there were none of the rules that seem to be today. Hell, I was a gothic punk with full makeup, Robert Smith hair, spikes, etc and the worst that the administration could do is inform me that I was being a distraction, but not take any action against me. Times have sure changed.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What's a dress code? I mean, I didn't care, I wore whatever I had, I really didn't care. If I went around school with shirt on backwards and inside out the whole day I didn't care.

Although, the thing at my school was no shorts in winter, so girls would wear skirts, and guys complained. SO finally a bunch of guys wore skirts to school and they changed it so you could wear shorts in the winter.(Sometimes it got HOT and nope, 89 degrees, you a guy, have to wear pants/jeans)

And the problem with a girls thong showing is what? Unless she is the type of person where a sumo wrestlers boxers would be considered a "thong" no problem here.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You guys are lucky. The Eye ball you then they send you to the office. Then the office measures it. This is how bad it is. first two offenses are warnings. Third - detention, 4- out school suspension with a 2% reduction of you over all G.P.A. 5 - in school suspension with 2% reduction of g.p.a. then 6 your pretty much expelled.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Jeez! Do you go to a public school or a private school? At my school, we girls cannot have our stomachs or midriffs showing, but many people do it anyway and do not get in trouble for it.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
lol they'd always come and check my pants to make sure i wasn't saggin...

Sorry but I bought baggy pants not some dickies that i gotta sag in

however i'm a chronic sagger, I was born with no ass

also i got sent home a LOT for wearing manson shirts only to return with another manson shirt muahahahaha.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Is this a Catholic school or something? The local schools here are actually pretty lax on such things (of course, Florida heat isn't the best either...).

Still, I know I couldn't wear shorts or tanks in school....they can now here.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Speaking of catholic schools Gazrok...

A local Catholic school near where I live - where uniform has to be worn - won't allow girls to polish their shoes, incase the boys can see a reflection of what's under their skirts...

Seriously.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
Speaking of catholic schools Gazrok...

A local Catholic school near where I live - where uniform has to be worn - won't allow girls to polish their shoes, incase the boys can see a reflection of what's under their skirts...

Seriously.

Thats just sad. I mean I go to a public school in ny, and the people dont care. We wear hats but they wont let us bring bookbags cuz they think were gunna shoot up our school.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
At my school, we can't go naked or show certain areas. That's about it.

We have a pajama day for seniors every year. Kids do actually wear pajamas, so some guys wear just boxers. All day.

(it's fun)

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Yea we have that here too. Its pretty fun.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Are school is hypocrtical.
For the girls their heals had to be under 3 inches, and the principal rouintally wears 5-6 inch heals, it is pathetic.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
We don't even need a pajama day at my school because people wear pj's whenever they feel like it. I do it too. Pajama pants are really comfortable.

top topics

join