It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got robbed the other day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
My fiance and I were out camping the other day and someone went rummaging through my car and stole my pocket book, my cell phone, his wallet and the 400$ in it. I'm really just venting here, because I really never thought it would happen to me.

So I had to go cancel all my credit cards, shut off my cell phone service and report everything to the local police. It was a very long day. And of course there's all sorts of fees to replace stolen credit cards and drivers liscenses. And little old me here, now has 20$ to my name, with no access to my checking account. I can't even pay to replace the stolen cards!

So the moral of this story kids, LOCK YOUR DOORS!!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
And...

Always carry cash hidden upon your person...not in an unlocked car...

Sorry to hear that, that really sucks...

Personally, I was mugged once (a buddy and I were jumped by 7 guys outside an IHOP when I was 18). Word to the wise, unlike the movies, the multiple foes do NOT attack you one by one, hehe... They obviously had done this before, as some had assigned roles of grabbing arms, legs, etc. I managed to break one guy's nose and knock him out, but I'm no match for 4 guys (or 3 after that) so I found out, hehe... I didn't look too pretty, but I still had some money in my sock.... and my wallet (which they took) had only $3 in it, and no credit cards...
A few days later, my wallet was found as they had tossed it a few blocks away. So at least I didn't have to replace my license and all. Still lost a nice watch though....

Look on the bright side, at least they took money and you guys aren't hurt. I was suckin' soup through a straw for a few days after my ordeal. I'd have rather they just got the money....but they didn't exactly ask...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I"m sorry. I know how bad that sucks. My friend was on a trip and her wallet was stolen. In it was her credit card, SSN, her license, and 400 dollars. Her whole Identity could have been stolen.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about that, it really does suck when it happens to you.
Someone stole my mobile phone a while back, not as bad as your case, but i was very angry at the time. The worst about it was, i confronted the guy who i "knew" had took it, but could not get him to admit it was him. I then even got the police up the the place but all they did was stand around looking stupid! Later that night though, it hit me like a bullet as to where he had put it! In his shoe! I have no proof, but i am positive, its the only place to put it that you cannot detect on a body search. So if anyone is ever in a situation like mines, check the shoe!

One of my parents friends was robbed off all her stuff like you, a couple of years ago now. What is worse, it was in Spain, phone, cards, cash, etc. All Stolen, and in a different country to make it worse.
And to rub salt in the wound, the thief whizzed past her on a motor bike to steal the bag, clutching it, dragging her down a street before eventually getting it.
Lesson learned from that- Use Travellers checks!

Good luck getting things sorted out, i feel for you!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I was at a strip club and someone pick pocketed my wallet. Thankfully I had half my money in my wallet and the other half in my bank account. Of course, no wallet, no ID, no bank card, no library card, no money, no numbers I had gotten, nothing. I wasn't the only one, 2 other people reported missing wallets.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
When I got mugged, I had already been to a strip club, which is why only $3 was in the wallet, hehe....
It was actually the first time I went, so it was a good night/bad night.

Talk about instant kharma!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Last year at a busy Speedway meeting in a far-off land called Aotearoa, I was in company with a recent immigrant from Brazil who lost his wallet containing $400 (that's his rent, food, gas and other money all gone). We retraced his steps fully for 20 minutes and found no trace. He resigned himself to hardship for a couple of weeks. Later, when we checked at Lost Property at the Announcers' Truck, the wallet had been handed in complete with the $400 cash in it.

No moral, just truth.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. Hope things work out.

Still remember the story the Late Grand Master Remy Presas told a group fo us abotu the time he got mugged.. or at least someone tried to mug him. (Professer prasas was the world stick fighting champion, and spent his entire life praticing sword/knife combat)

After stopping himself from laughing, The professer put the mugger in a arm submission lock and painted the town with the mugger, and the muggers money.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
I was at a strip club...
..no numbers I had gotten....

....Come on - Have you ever actually called them and gotten up with one afterwards?! I went to Space Odyssey 2001 in Tampa not too long ago with two of my buddies - Both of them left their dancers their numbers on a dollar bill and were totally wigging out when we left b/c they actually thought they'd call them back - It was friggin hilarious to see the looks on their faces the next day when they realized they got played....

When I got mugged, I had already been to a strip club, which is why only $3 was in the wallet

Oh how true....

I wish you luck in recovering your stolen goods Lenina.....Clearly we at ATS should reconsider a name change - SWV: Stolen Wallet Victims...

I both lost my wallet and had it stolen at the same time....Somehow my wallet turned up on the front porch of some lunatic woman who had the nerve to call me and accuse me of trying to break into her house due to the proximity of my wallet to her door....These stuck up bastards in Tallahassee...I tell ya what....

I talked to her for damn near an hour...No...Yelled at her....Professing my innocence....When I got off the phone with her, I called the police and told them the psycho woman wouldn't give me my wallet back - They made me file a report - I get a call later - I have a few witnesses corroborate that I was not snooping around the ladies house, they make her give me my wallet back...I’m sure TPD had more important things to do that day, but I was happy they took the time to help me out….

Being the nice guy I was..er…am…lol - I didn't press charges....

Some people man....

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
i dont think lockin your doors will help much someone broke the lock of my car door and stole $2000 worth of stuff

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Not a strippers number, number I had gotten before. I go to bars and read, women flock to you like flies to ****. Republicans to oil fields in the Middle East. Like bears to a car with food in it. You get the point.

Although Alex has gotten a stirppers number, but we already knew her from school, whole freaking reason we went cause we found out she was working there. Alex has gotten her to dance on his stripper pole.......

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Come on - Have you ever actually called them and gotten up with one afterwards?! I went to Space Odyssey 2001 in Tampa not too long ago with two of my buddies

Oddly enough...that's the EXACT club I had just gone to!
Right near Mons Venus....

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well we just borrowed some money from my fiance's dad to get new licenses, so at least I'm driving leagally now. And my cell phone company is sending me a new phone at no cost, so that's good.

But of course all of this happened when I was in the middle of hunting for jobs, so I have no cash!!! Ick... :bnghd:

Anyone hiring in the eastern Massachusetts area?? :shk:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Ever hear of Larry Flint's Deja Vu? 1000's of Beautiful Women and 3 Ugly Ones." Janelle works there, when Victoria told Jason, and Jason me, and me Jeff, and so forth we all went, and Alex got her number. So funny, remember her from band playing the flute, and along the lines of Alex Stripper Pole Dance, she played his flute!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
James, I dont think Lenia wants to work at a stripper joint.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i just lost my wallet with about 40 buck... my Firearms Owner's Identification(F.O.I.D)..... my school I.D. and all that good stuff. my dad also had his bike stolen. i guess thats what happens when u live in Chicago

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
anybody else out there live in a big city?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
A strip club? Uh.. I think I'll stay away from that career option thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That is teh suck! Sorry hun.

But like it has been said, locking doors doesn't always work. I live in a city that even if you are in your car you still get robbed. So ......

Zerinity

[edit on 6/13/2005 by Zerinity]

new topics

join