It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blank Thread by NWOringer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I have a quick question. I was looking in the "Literature" Forum just a few minutes ago and I noticed that a member had posted an "invisible" thread months ago. The thread cannot be clicked or viewed.

Here are the dates of the thread posts.

11-26-2004 at 01:06 PM
11-26-2004 at 01:03 PM

Was it deleted? Because I have never seen a blank thread before.

Alright I found what was in the post by another means. Here it is.... I would still like to know how the thread became invisible and unclickable?!?

Originally posted by NWObringer
I'm writing this for conspiracy theorists and I think that it would best portray the very seriousness of the Omega Agency. I was wondering based on that, if you could go over it and help me edit it. I'm only in 10th grade, so I don't have a really expansive vocabulary but that's my book so far. It's like Halo, but with a twist. The Omega Agency is taking over the world with the help of an alien race and there's one person, who has the strongest regiment of the military, broke off from the CIA, and knows about the plans and plans to join a base to defend against them so it would protect the Earths citizens. I think it's a good subject to write about, I'm not finished yet, that's just the beginning.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
He edited the thread and removed the title.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Thanks dj... so if I created a thread and there were 3 pages of responses, then edited the title, noone would be able to click on the thread to view it anymore as well??

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I don't know if that's it CPYK, or what happened really without a link, but if it's archived now and the way you got the information was cache, that could be it too.

There's a seperate entrance for archived links. But I'm just guessing.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
You can always click on the link in the "Last post" column to see threads whose titles have been removed as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
you can always view a thread by clicking the name of the last poster which shows up in the right hand side of the thread lists.
As for editing out your title after three pages of responses , well that's one example of why the 2 hour edit window is a good thing. It can help prevent disruption of threads in that way.
I'm sure that now you have pointed out the edited thread , that must have slipped through the net, a mod of that forum will now delete it.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I don't know if that's it CPYK, or what happened really without a link, but if it's archived now and the way you got the information was cache, that could be it too.

There's a seperate entrance for archived links. But I'm just guessing.

Thanks RANT. Nothing sensitive in the thread just a post on his own literary endeavours. I wrote an inquiry on the topic at hand because someone would be able to edit their own threads after people responded making them "invisible" so people couldn't add any more comments. Then again its their
thread to begin with so its up to them.

Edit :

Originally posted by pantha
you can always view a thread by clicking the name of the last poster which shows up in the right hand side of the thread lists.

Yes, I know as that is how I obtained the NWObringers original posts. Thanks for the help.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Ooops. I saw it and was trying to delete just his first blank post so his second would move to the top and it killed the whole thread.

Well nothing in there anyway. He deleted the main post himself.

top topics

join