It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SU-34 - who will buy it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Is there any interested parties for this formidable strike aircraft?

Given the departure of the `vark , IMO , the US doesn`t have a top flight strike package (sorry but the strike eagle is a compromise - the UK`s Tornado should have been bought instead , as it IS much better) , and the F/B-2x is quite a few years away yet.

And the

So , will China or India look at this aircraft? As both are users of the SU-30 MKK or MKI variants and at the very least , china needs to replace its rather old strike packages!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I would if i had money

Seriously i would think that it would go to the standard countries like india and such. It wont go to any western country.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Greetings,

Its a sad fact that most western countries aren't willing to buy from the "East" aka Russian based technology its just like no would buy skoda cars because of their OLD bad rep, untill recently. Off the bat, I would have to say that the SU34 is the latest and to be honest, the most effective tactical mud mover that you can buy for your money at the moment.

If any thing, I believe that even upgrading them to a basic standard would be more than acceptable to make them combat effective, hell if the aussies bought this strike aircraft, they could do their varks roles and more! The Aircraft are being designed in such a way that their electronics can be stripped easily for replacement. What more can you ask for?

Plus they sure do know how to make 'em pretty!

- Phil

www.wpeu.net...

music.jnu.edu.cn...(Y1).jpg

[edit on 7-6-2005 by gooseuk]

Edit: linked photos due to being improperly sized.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
As far as I know the Su 34 is not for export (atleast uptil now).......There has been demands for the Aircraft from the Latin Americans(Brazil was specially interested) Iran was also eager to get it ...
they all have been rejected .
..I am not sure but I think that The Indians and The Chinese are also after it since their Strong and improving air forces are basically armed with Russian Aircrafts or their reverse Engineered versions (for China)

But the Russian Constitution doesn’t allow the sale of the country’s latest Military technologies(Unless she has a better Tech )....though Russians have a better Technology than the old Su34 still Su 34 is the latest technology in "Mass Production"

Had they been eager for export they would have produced an export version (As they did with Su 30 eg Su30 MKI (for India) )

More over Su 34 doesn’t need international customers coz it has won the tender from the Russian Air force .....Works have already started and the by 2007-2008 Russian air force will acquire about 400 such birds either by renovating her old Su 25 Su 22 or by replacing them ...The Russian air force has not officially announced yet whether the older birds will be renovated or replaced.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm sure the Chinese will want to buy just a few so they can reverse engineer them

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Greetings,

Prelude I would beg to differ, At the minute the russian Air force have only ordered 5 to date. Source "Combat Aircraft Monthly"

They will produce an export version in time, I do not see the cash strapped russians holding back a design that could produce solid orders. An example would be the KA 50 which people said that wouldn't offer to any one and they ended up offering it to turkey.

- Phil

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think India will by it. I don't see the need for China. But if neither one of the buy it. I will.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
if i was the US i would buy like several of it, then take it to area 51 and test it hehehe and if it is too good, make a counter for it lol. you know what, i would get every latest soviet-chinese-european aircraft out there and test it hehehe
good idea hun...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The U.S. did that with Soviet fighters back during the cold war, and they test Mig-29 at Area 51 but I don't know if they have their hands on any Su-30’s or more advanced fighters. I think that the U.S. having routine exercises with counties that operate advanced Russian fighters such as India and others gives them enough info about the jet.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by alias101
I think India will by it. I don't see the need for China. But if neither one of the buy it. I will.

Far from it - they need to replace there Q-5`s , as the Q-6 was cancelled

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The JH-7a was designed to replace the Q5... I doubt after years of development the chinese would scrap production of this design immediatley after it has been inducted.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Lucretius]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A thread alredy exists on this topic :

Fate of the Su-34(Su-32FN) ???

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
JH-7A fits perfectly into the picture. Fighter bomber, capable of the most modern munitions, BVR capable of SD-10 (I believe, I gotta check on that). And a fraction of the SU-34's pricetag.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
China expressed that it might buy Su-34s. They needed a newer strike fighter if not bomber to replace the H-6s. Given how vunerable large bombers like the Tu-22, B-52 or Tu-95 are to SAM missles, I think the future of bombing would be fighter bombers. However, Russia seems to have no plans to sell this aircraft, but that might change soon.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
anyone heard if russia will sell this yet?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
According to Sukhoi Company, there is no "Su-34."
The aircraft in question, and as pictured by gooseuk, is listed by Sukhoi as the Su-32.
I find further interesting that the vast majority of Western and Russian aviation sites list it as a Su-34, and yet the Sukhoi Company as no such listing.

Anyhow, according to the Sukhoi company, by 2004, the Novosibirsk facility had produced a development batch of 8 Su-32 aeroplanes. There is no mention of an export version or if it is available for export or if it has already been sold as an export item.

IMHO, havng scanned what I could on this in a relatively short time, I doubt that full-rate production will take place prior to 2010 and even then, production rates will be very low [example would be like 5 aircraft a year, etc.].

seekerof

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
According to Sukhoi Company, there is no "Su-34."
The aircraft in question, and as pictured by gooseuk, is listed by Sukhoi as the Su-32.
I find further interesting that the vast majority of Western and Russian aviation sites list it as a Su-34, and yet the Sukhoi Company as no such listing.

Anyhow, according to the Sukhoi company, by 2004, the Novosibirsk facility had produced a development batch of 8 Su-32 aeroplanes. There is no mention of an export version or if it is available for export or if it has already been sold as an export item.

IMHO, havng scanned what I could on this in a relatively short time, I doubt that full-rate production will take place prior to 2010 and even then, production rates will be very low [example would be like 5 aircraft a year, etc.].

seekerof

Hmm I am not sure at present of that, I believe that the SU-34, was/is a proposed export version of the SU-32FN that I have been lead to believe, one of those being a RAF service member, I at present have no reason to doubt that, although I will be sure to ask for more information.

Another thing, I did find mention of the SU-34 a number of times on the Sukhoi Site:

Current projects
* development of new-generation aircraft; the military planes Su-24MK, Su-30MK, Su-33, Su-34, Su-35, and Su-39;
* multirole utility transport aircraft Su-80GP;
* aerobatic aeroplanes Su-29 and Su-31M;
* agricultural aircraft Su-38L.

That was just by searching for SU-34 on the site.

Again some more links about the aircraft.
www.globalsecurity.org...
www.airforce-technology.com...
jiatelin.jschina.com.cn...

Sorry Seeker, your mistaken this time.
- Phil

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
No, technically, I am not "mistaken", gooseuk, Sukhoi is since I pulled all the data from the Sukhoi company site, or did you bother to hit the links yourself and check/verify?

And since we are on the issue of who is "mistaken," your reference to only 5 being built seems to have been contradicted by the Sukhoi Company site where it mentions "8," also supplied in a link from the Sukhoi Company site. Sorry gooseuk, it is *you* that is mistaken this time.

All those links state "export" in the implied future tense. Russia won't be "exporting" anytime soon since there is only "8" built at this juncture in time.

Have a good one and I hope the weather is well for you.

seekerof

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
No, technically, I am not "mistaken", gooseuk, Sukhoi is since I pulled all the data from the Sukhoi company site, or did you bother to hit the links yourself and check/verify?

And since we are on the issue of who is "mistaken," your reference to only 5 being built seems to have been contradicted by the Sukhoi Company site where it mentions "8," also supplied in a link from the Sukhoi Company site. Sorry gooseuk, it is *you* that is mistaken this time.

All those links state "export" in the implied future tense. Russia won't be "exporting" anytime soon since there is only "8" built at this juncture in time.

Have a good one and I hope the weather is well for you.

seekerof

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Seekerof]

::Nods:: I checked them, and I still stand by the fact that The Russian airforce stated to airforce monthly that 5 had been ordered, being stated in Airforce Monthly. I have no reason to doubt that fact, althought I already stated that I would try and confirm the details.

How about we agree to disagree on this one

- Phil

new topics

top topics

join