It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Los Alamos Lab Whistleblower Beaten

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
Byrd, it says he was lured there. He recieved a phone call requesting him to meet at the bar. This kind of thing happens a lot when your testifying against someone. I'm surprised he wasn't killed to keep him quiet.

as a person who has to invesatigate lots of things including things like this --you are right to be sceptic --HOWEVER- i will say this-- depending upon the town a strip bar would have been the place for the attack where I live-- the local cops would control the response crew--the local bar would be paying for protection or look the over way police--the place it self would cause people to doubt just like you have- in a onsided view--spread your mind to look at ALL possibilities--his wife has said that she got the call but again we -the general public- will only be told what they want us to know---temperance

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
As esdad said, we're taking this the wrong way.

If someone at Los Alamos wanted to shut him up, I don't think they would slap him upside the head. Why? Because he's shown that he talks already. Why would you beat his ass down and give him the opportunity to talk again.

If you want to keep a guy with a habit of being to chatty from talking, you make sure the opportunity doesn't arise again. Letting him talk is stupid. Finish the job or don't do anything.

This is a guy getting his ass beat outside a strip club for reasons unknown to most of us I'm sure.

yor thinking from the normal persons view -- go this way-- if the person is dead then more people are involved with why--on a national alert--the artical being in a national news- lots of people would become involved -good and bad- depends on lots--then you just want to throw doubt on the person giving the information--obviously the information they have can not be changed--thus the strip bar would be perfect around here--also doubt MUST be made part of the blowers personal family as much as possible--again the strip bar works excellent--unless she listened to the call or it was recorded then any wife will,ask herself atleast once a question--course all other personal to him will ask that same question many times--i have met witness that promised informationin a case many places--some very good -some wantabees-so just plain want to get somone in trouble- i have had my fair share of hate people--RULE ONE IS ALWAYS MAKE THE BLOWERS BELIVABILITY DOUBTED ---temperance

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The local Fox channel, KASA-TV, is reporting that employees of Cheeks have said that nothing happened in the club to indicate that anything was wrong the night that Hook visited the bar. They said that he was not a regular customer and that he was well behaved while he was there.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The local Fox channel, KASA-TV, is reporting that employees of Cheeks have said that nothing happened in the club to indicate that anything was wrong the night that Hook visited the bar. They said that he was not a regular customer and that he was well behaved while he was there.

If this is the case I suspect he is telling the truth. I hope these guys didn't scare him from testifying.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here is a link to the full article that appeared in the New York Times:

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Considering how badly he was beaten, his assailants hay have figured they had killed him. That's what happens when you use low-budget hired goons instead of real professionals

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I tend to believe Hook's story. If Hook had a penchant for topless clubs, Cheeks would have been a logical place for him to frequent. It really doesn't make much sense that with his wife in Albuquerque, he would get a wild hair and just drive down to Santa Fe to see some chicks jiggle their wares. Hell, the internet is more exciting than most titty bars and without the hassles and the exorbitant beer prices.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A Complex Misunderstanding

CBS News has reported on this:

Cops Debunk Whistleblower Beating

As more information becomes available, it will hopefully become easier to get a clearer picture of the facts in this case.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Peter Stockton, senior investigator for the Project on Government Oversight in Washington, D.C., questioned whether police looked for any evidence of a connection between the beating and Hook's status as a whistleblower.

"Did they get the phone records to determine who called that Saturday night? They did not get the phone records. Did they do background checks on the assailants. No, they did not. Did they conduct polygraph tests? No, they did not," Stockton said.

This is turning out to be pretty interesting after-all. I am leaning towards BS, but there is just enough question being introduced into all of this to make me STILL wonder.

-P

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust the cops take on this particularly.

There is nothing authority figures hate more than a whistleblower.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Bonds Of Distrust

Originally posted by xmotex
I wouldn't trust the cops take on this particularly.

I am hopeful that the Santa Fe Police Department will realize that it would be in their best interests to diligently investigate this case in such a way as to credibly rule out ulterior motives on the part of Mr. Hook's assailants.

If they fail to, the press drubbing they get will be well-deserved, and I can already see the clouds forming over Santa Fe.

Best they resolve this sooner rather than later, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What did this guy have to say in his earlier testimony? Did he come over as legit then? Is he some kind of kook with an overly active immagination?

Cloak & dagger games in the wee hours of the morning would not appear to be a normal method of operation for a middle aged lab rat. Makes you wonder what they said over the phone to get him there, if he is telling the truth?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join