It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming Soon to ATS: Member PODcasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Coming soon to ATS:

Collaborative Member PODcasts!

We're working on what could very well be an important "next stop" in the evolution of information rich online communities such as ATS: member-drive collaborative PODcasts.

A PODcast is essentially an RSS news feed, with attached MP3 file that can be transfered to a digital music player (or played on your computer).

Our first ATS PODcast and currently only PODcast has 720 downloads... indicating it was a rousing success.

Next, we're going to let members author their own content, upload it to ATS, and add it to our PODcast list.

All you'll need is the ability to record MP3 files. The same easy-to-use technology that manages the member upload center will be used to upload your finished MP3 (the upload is not charged against your upload space). File size limits of browser-based uploads will require a file size limit of 2meg. (can fit 10-12 minutes of audio)

Members with 200 posts or more will be able to immediately see their uploaded MP3 in the PODcast feed. (There will be rules, but we'll post those when the feature is ready.)

So practice your radio voice and brush the dust off those microphones!

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Awesome.

It'll be great to see what people upload

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
muahahahaha, muahahaha, muahahahahaha.

eh,

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Excuse my ignorance of the tech, but will it be possible to upload video files?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
but will it be possible to upload video files?

No. Just MP3 files of audio content you created.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I do a shoutcast show semi-nitely. Would it be ok if i download them and stream them to my listeners? My content is mostly but not limited to, rock, classic rock, hard rock, gaming reports, alternative news, requests and general bs with the listeners from chat(s)

I woulda U2U this but with the elections and stuff in general, im sure ur UBox is hecka full and busy.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Whey, finally a form of ATS radio! Hmm, be cool if as well as member submissions we could get a weekly roundup from maybe each section of the site? So SO could give a commentry on whats happening all over the site, whats been big, whats coming up etc. But also the main mod for each forum could give a little roundup, ie Gazrok for ufo forum etc. Be quite cool, could also do the guest speaker events with this too.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Great stuff right here, guys. Best be taking advantage of it, opportunities like this only come around once in an internet lifetime.

I suspect we'll be getting some unbelievably amazingly high quality stuff to follow the large success we've already had.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Great idea!
Dont think I will make a recording I make my views clear enough on PTS.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This is as HOT as Ashlee Simpson!

i cant wait!

*hugs SO*

Urn

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Hmm, be cool if as well as member submissions we could get a weekly roundup from maybe each section of the site? So SO could give a commentry on whats happening all over the site, whats been big, whats coming up etc. But also the main mod for each forum could give a little roundup, ie Gazrok for ufo forum etc. Be quite cool, could also do the guest speaker events with this too.

very cool idea...i was thinking somthing along thoe lines myself....

somthing else i would really like to see is podcast debates, where two members would have an actual verbal debate...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I have an idea to add...

would it be possible to have this feature added to P@ATS and ATSNN? I think we could use it for interviews and such.

-J

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If they get it added to P@ATS I have about 15 interviews of British MPs I can add to it, although a few of them will also be added to ATS. (Dirty Mason MPS!)

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This is as HOT as Ashlee Simpson!

At least on mp3 you can't fake it.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
so...

if i have an ATS related audio file, i could upload it, and share it with everyone!?!?!?

no THAT is cool!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Next, we're going to let members author their own content, upload it to ATS, and add it to our PODcast list.
So practice your radio voice and brush the dust off those microphones!

T'would seem to indicate it should be your own work, tsA, not something cool you've found elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
T'would seem to indicate it should be your own work, tsA, not something cool you've found elsewhere.

thanks...

i was hoping to download, legally of course, secret audio files and sharring them with you...

top topics

join