It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost hunters???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
"Ghost Hunters". cant think of a better term so it will have to do. Basically, I used to live in a haunted house. once we put two and two together and figured that out, we moved. I have been compelled to go back to that house to confront whatever is there. There is also another house in Florida that my ex has told me about, that I want to investigate. What I want to know is how can I go about contacting these spirits? I am hoping for answers by someone who has perhaps done it, or at least knows how one would go about doing it. This is very important to me

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
furthermore, I am also curious about any ghost experiences anyone may have had. I am trying to get a collection of these events to compare them and see the similarities in these kind of situations

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I've made a similar thread in the past and got some helpfull info for my own ghost hunt. It went well so I'll share what I can about it.

I've been outside in a big forrest where an allieged old monastary has been with satanic monks walking around at night. And old Dutch castles and such. So...4 times I been out "hunting". I function as my own medium which is helpfull, because you can find out if there are more then 1 entities, what type and their names.

first you need some equipment:
Seeing you'll be going in at night, since the activity is more...well active...you need flashlights and some extra batteries. When you encouter an entity they tend to drain energy fast. Also get a digital cam which can make quick shots in a short period and has night vision, bring some extra batteries/accu as well. Bring some bottles of water with you, you will need to drink plenty. Bring something with you that can be used as a hard surface, like a wooden board. Bring a mobile thermometer to measure differences in temperature.

With the camera it's important that when you feel a presence you make 4 shots quickly after one another. This way you increase the chance of catching something on film and seeing something move. If you got an "orb" on cam you should see it move, if it doesn't it's most likely dust or something on the cam.

With the wooden board you can place objects of the area on it and ask the intity in the area to move what's on the board. You can also place a piece of paper on it with an object, use a pencil to draw the lines around the object and leave the area. Come back later to see if the object moved outside the drawn lines. Make sure this is done in an area which you know no one else could've entered in the time you were gone.

It also helps to be able to sense, feel or see entities. Makes it easier to spot them. Most important, never go alone but instead bring one person with you.

Once you established that there is activity in a specific area you can start asking simple questions like "if you're here make a sound". Don't be stupid and ask "if you don't want us here make a sound" and then when it makes a sound repeat the question. Just leave at the first sound.

What is also important is your defences. Make sure you're Earthed and Shielded. Imagine roots/lines/anchor going from your feet as deep into the ground as possible. Learn to place psychic shields around yourself in defence as well. You'll reduce the chances of being possed or being overwhelmed by something. Also NEVER be affraid. Nothing can harm you unless you let them. Some entities will try to scare you or try objects at you, but nothing can happen unless you start to be affraid. If something goes wrong just be calm, your guides will protect you.

Don't use jesus or god crap 'cuz that never worked. Not for me, not for anyone else I went with that is a firm believer.

Before I forget. Bring someone with you that is good at taking notes. Write down the circumstances of temperatures and drafts of a room so that you can eliminate those as possible entity behaviour. Then make notes of how you feel and what you see and whether you feel stuff touching you, changes in taste of mouth, feeling nausea etc. Do this with each corridor and room. When starting to feel unwell go outside and take a 5min break and drink some fluids.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is a strange story, but true. About twelve or so years ago I lived in a house in Nevada. The house was only about 20 years old and was a pre-fabricated home (almost like a trailer). No one had ever reported any unusual events at this property. Before the home was placed on the property, it was a vacant lot next to a gas station.
At the time, I was the third homeowner.

A few months after moving in, poltergeist type of activity began to take place. Things in the house would disappear only to be discovered in some strange place in the house. At Christmas, I set out a small nativity of “mud people” from Spain. These small pieces (especially baby Jesus) kept disappearing and would turn up in different places. Then I had to keep a glass of water in the microwave oven because it would turn on all by itself.

I’m an insomniac and often spend two or three nights a week up all night. Around one or two in the morning the noised would start. I could hear someone walking down the hall. Now my sofa was positioned where I could look down the hall while hearing these noises, but there was no one there. Bags would rustle or dishes and flatware would clink together.

One night, I got fed up with the noise. I shouted “Knock it off!” The noises immediately stopped and would not start again until the next night. If I fell asleep on the sofa, something would wake me by shouting in my ear. I have had over night visitors who tried to sleep on my sofa report the same incident.

I have witnessed my dog barking at the wall for no apparent reason, and on two occasions, I saw something dark try to peek around the corner and pull back quickly. A lot of these incidences took place while I was alone. But some were witnessed by others. I was only in the house a few years, and lost it due to a divorce. But even though the incidents were strange and creepy I was never really frightened. It was more of an annoyance than anything else.

Annunaki if you are interested in more detailed info send me a u2u.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
In my house the lights turn on and off by themselves, I have seen a ghosts just pass right in front of me there are coldspots in my bedroom and my hamster looks blanklyat some places oin the room on a constant basis. The most suprising one is when I was watching "Most Haunted" (a proggram following a group of ghost hunters/ investigators) when a plant bucket with a plant jumped and then the tv started changing channels.
In my cousins boyfriends house you can hear the stairs thumping when no-one is using them.

To have a best group you must inlude, at least one medium, infra red cameras and video cameras, sound guys and a good group of people. Bring EMF readers (Electro-Magnetic Field) and a temperature control thing, better if its laser.

Te best tests to do are seances, and put a coin on a table draw around it and it it has movced more than likely it is a ghost.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
By the way, a ghosts hunt is an investigation into if a place is haunted and a ghost investigation is investigating the haunting.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think Amuk has a Ghost Hunter Team that tries to photograph or records and paranormal phenomenon.

I think you should contact him.

But I dont know where he is these days...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Enyalius.

I too can sense spirits, that is how i knew that the place i lived in was haunted before the rest got the hint. I am curious why i shouldn't go alone. I remember that when I tried to show various signs that the spirits showed me in that house, they would dissapear when I pointed them out. Is it so that there is someone to verify the events, or is it to have someone to anchor you from your own fear. That is what they tend to feed on isnt it?

Also, i've seen videos where people brought film video cameras or digital cameras, would those help to capture images?

last of all, should I try using a tape recorder to dectect EVP?

Off topic a bit: some people think this about me... is there any way that a person can be possessed by living in a haunted house?

b.t.w. I know that religious stuff is useless. Living in a haunted house was all the proof i needed that most religion is stories and nothing more. anyways, I appreciate the input.

could you email me the results of some of your investigations? my email is [email protected]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
sensing spirits is always helpfull. makes you feel if they are truly aggressive or not. also makes it easier to find them.

having someone around makes it easier to carry all the stuff. also he/she can varify things and basically provide you an alibi saying it's not bollox or a hoax what you did. it's also nice to have some company else it gets boring after a while. also if something happens, you get injured or something, there is someone there to get help.

Ghosts and such feed on energy and what is more powerfull then human emotions. if they got bad intentions they'll try to scare you.

Camera's with nightvision work to capture orbs. but make sure that with a photocamera you take 4-5 quick shots after another to see movement. that way you can say it's an orb and not dust on your lense.

could try a tape recorder. i used portofone's once and it worked. but i couldn't record it which was a shame.

getting possesed is a very small chance. living in a haunted house has nothing to do with it. your guardians will have a pretty basic shield around you at all times to prevent mischief taking place. but still i suggest to learn to set up a stronger shield around you to reduce any chances. still this is another reason why you should have someone with you. if you do get possed have that person grab your shoulders and shake you up. while doing so have him/her call your name and telling you to come forth. eventually you'll snap out of it.

religious stuff isn't useless it's just not used the way it should and it's way incorrect. take christianity, full of holes and errors. what you expect. 2000 years ago the bible was written and people still think that book is the way to go. but it's like laws from a government, they change over time, and now they've changed so much that the bible itself became absolete. add the # load of translation errors and you got a fantasy book. all i can say is...learn to travel to the astral planes and figure it all out yourself.

Odd

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
you can get a device called an EMF Detector from Radio Shack or the internet... a lot of 'ghost hunters' use these in their investigations. i got one for twenty bucks from one web site or another a few years back.

the EMF Detector measures electromagnetic currents and energy, and is purportedly useful in detecting and tracking down spectral entities. i've gotten a few interesting readings myself, but nothing to write home about... i've heard numerous success stories, though; you might want to look into it.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
very helpfull indeed. also helpfull if you want a scientific backing up. but seeing the topic started can sense spirits himself i doubt it'll be needed.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think religous prayer and stuff only works on evil entities, not on some ghost.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
even on "evil" entities or ghosts with "bad" intentions prayer won't work. you got to face them and show no fear. running with your tale between your legs towards some "savior" won't do you any good.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
even on "evil" entities or ghosts with "bad" intentions prayer won't work. you got to face them and show no fear. running with your tale between your legs towards some "savior" won't do you any good.

yes. What one views as bad in a certain religious sence is different from what another views in thier own religious sense. You may percieve these spirits to be against your religion, but it doesnt mean that they are. Ergo, trying to banish them using your personal belief system, will be ineffectual.

They feed off of fear. By praying to make them go away, you are giving way to your fear.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Would you please u2u me, I'm interested into looking into this deeper.

Thanks,
Jack

[edit on 23-6-2005 by JBurns]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I sent you a u2u. that is if that question was directed toward me.

if anyone has seen anything, i mean anything, out of the ordinary at any time in their life, i would like to know. you can say it here, or on a u2u. thx

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I was reading on a ghost hunting site that they recommend you take a photographic camera and a video camera.
Apparently there are certain types of cameras they suggest you dont use due to technical defaults...
They also suggest that you turn your cell/mobile phone off during your investigation.
I made the stupid mistake of taking the phone altogether.
Ive tried it, and got very interesting results

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure they prefer the term "paranormal investogators"....

There's several items of special equipment that might help...(though quite a lot of fakery there too...), so be careful.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ghosts that are earthbound tend to be governed by routines.A lot of ghosts don't know that they are in spiritual form and living like they would in the physical reality.And they can feel our energetic projections or auras to sense exactly what we are feeling from our emotional make up which creates a script that they can read into.If one can learn to just observe and not think what they feel you can learn a lot from their routines and places frequented at certain points in time.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
is this thread still going? its been several months since i've been on here

top topics

<<   2 >>

join