It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is time really?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
IMHO:
Time is a product of the beginning.
The beginning measures itself as from "here to there."
We, as human's, have defined time as past,present, and future.
We have further defined this as centuries, decades,
years, months, weeks, hours, minutes, seconds, etc.
Time exists as a construction of our mentality.

To me, theoretically and perhaps philosophically, there is no Time. All things exist simultaneously. All events occur at once. Example: As I am writing this and as its being written it's already written; it already exists. I am merely bringing 'it' to form.
Our understanding of Time allows us to define our reality of relativity, where time is experienced as a movement, a flow, rather than a constant mechanism. In truth, it is 'we' who are moving, not time. Time has no movement, for there is only One Moment.....now.
Everything thats ever happened, and is going to happen, is happening now. The ability to observe it happening merely depends on our point of view, defined as: our place in space. If one was God and in God's place, one would see it All --- right now.

Einstein theorized that it wasn't Time which was moving, but that he was moving through space at a given rate, all he had to do was change the amount of space between objects or change the rate of speed with which he moved through space from one object to another, to alter Time.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I couldnt agree with you more seekertherof

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I started this topic yesterday or the day before.......
www.thetruthseekers.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think time 'seem' to flow slower or faster depending on the level of attention you accord to it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join