It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G. Gordon Liddy&Ollie North

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I certainly hope with all the writings on Watergate recently what a role G. Gordon Liddy played in it.

Liddy and Oliver North are two "gentlemen" that broke the laws of the United States, evaded the Constitution, etc.

Why are these two guys on the radio, etc?

I hope the generation today that listens to Liddy understands what a criminal he truly was. He doesn't deserve to make money off of us, because the laws he broke showed pure contempt of the American people.

North is another that is highly "honored" for his role in breaking the laws of the country. He even speaks a lot to the Boy Scouts. I certainly would not consider him a role model for our youth.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i will argree with you on mr. liddy but as far as colonel north goes, i truley believe that he was a scapegoat used by the administration when those arms deals were uncoverd. and being a true soldier and patriot he did what he felt was his duty and kept his mouth shut.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
They broke U.S. law and were punished for it. They have served their time so why are they not allowed to live as they choose. This is a free country my friend.

I don't see your point at all, they have every single right in the world to be on the radio or tv. Get a grip!!

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Why are these two guys on the radio, etc?

Because someone chose to hire them.
Strange how that works, huh.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oliver North is a patriot and a true American hero. G. Gordon Liddy just got caught, which is the only thing that separates him from all the other scum in Washington.

The reason Liddy is on the air is obvious: People listen to him. If no one wanted to hear him then he wouldn't have lasted a week. You can't blame the man for making a profession and putting food on the table for his family. If a radio station is willing to hire him then more power to Liddy.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
They broke U.S. law and were punished for it. They have served their time so why are they not allowed to live as they choose. This is a free country my friend.

I don't see your point at all, they have every single right in the world to be on the radio or tv. Get a grip!!

Oliver North was never punished for his crimes, and never served any time.
Charged with 16 felonies, indicted on three, and walked away scott free.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

Oliver North was never punished for his crimes, and never served any time.
Charged with 16 felonies, indicted on three, and walked away scott free.

What was wrong with giving arms to the Contras? A democrat controlled Congress made it illegal to help out the Contras fight against Communist. Someone had to do something

www.aolsvc.worldbook.aol.com...

Daniel Ortega became head of the Sandinista government. In 1984, he was elected president of Nicaragua. United States President Ronald Reagan charged that the Sandinistas had set up a Communist dictatorship and were providing aid to rebels in other Central American countries. In late 1983 and early 1984, the United States aided the contras in placing mines in Nicaraguan harbors. In 1985, Reagan ordered an embargo on U.S. trade with Nicaragua. Before the embargo, the United States had been Nicaragua's chief trading partner. See Back in Time: Nicaragua (1983); Nicaragua (1984); Nicaragua (1985).

Some people in the United States opposed U.S. financial aid to the contras. In the 1980's, the U.S. Congress voted sometimes for and sometimes against further aid to the rebels. In 1986, the International Court of Justice—after reviewing complaints from Nicaragua—concluded that the United States acted illegally in helping mine the Nicaraguan harbors and providing aid to the contras. United States officials rejected the conclusion.

Thank God we have Republicans ruling Congress now! Can you imagine a Democrat controlled congress making it illegal to fight terrorist, as they did when they made it illegal to help fight Communist?
Who would oppose International Courts today? Republicans

Who would bow down to them? Democrats

[edit on 6-6-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Since all are happy that a convicted felon has paid his dues then I can presume that if a person on the "sexual offender" list moved into the neighborhood one would let their child go play with him. Of course, the person should not be on a list anyway for he has served his time?

Works both ways guys and gals.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Since all are happy that a convicted felon has paid his dues then I can presume that if a person on the "sexual offender" list moved into the neighborhood one would let their child go play with him. Of course, the person should not be on a list anyway for he has served his time?

Hey, these guys didn't kill anyone, like Teddy Kennedy. Comparing them to sexual predators is just sick. But that doesn't stop Democrats, why should it stop you.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Again, one with a narrow mind has completely missed the point. However, since I see one is a follower of Rush Limbaugh who is scared to defend himself while someone is on the line I understand completely.

G. Gordon Liddy-Convicted felon. Subverter of the Constitution. Now making millions. He "has done his time" they say.

Sexual offender-Convicted felon. Can't get a job at Burger King. He "has done his time" they don't say.

Rush Limbaugh-Needs to do some time. Master of the "White Man's Disease." I need 5,000 oxycontin. "Throw away the key. Just not mine."

Perhaps the sexual offender is the only one who has seen how bad his ways were, and wishes to reform.

Just for info -not a democrat. Just someone who TRIES to make people think.

Teddy Kennedy-a murderer? Could be. However, I wonder about "UU". Apparently, he did a little intelligence cooking, and our boys are getting murdered or maimed everyday. HMM?

[edit on 8-6-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yeah these guys didn't kill people like Teddy and Laura Bush! Well, Ollie's actions could have, and honestly probably did, kill people.

Did Liddy do all of his time or was he pardoned? I'd like to say the first one but I do not know. If he did his time, then he paid for it already. We can say that he has bad judgement or that his opinion should be less valid because of his past, but he served his time. His crimes were paid for in full once he left the jail...that is if he served the whole time.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
posted on 6/8/2005 at 11:48 AM

As i read your post, i began to wonder if you understand that there is a distinction (a rather large one) between crimes commited againsts laws created by various socities around the world (to fit their particular political objectives), and crimes commited against the most inocent among us for nothing more than some perverse emotional gratification. you know there is a big difference between commiting a crime for economic or political gains (these are wrong because society says it is) and commiting a violent sexual act on another human being, no less a child (no law needs to be written for that to be terribly wrong). would i afford a second opportunity to someone who violated the laws written by men? possibly. would i afford a second opportunity to someone who violated a child ? NO

new topics

top topics

join