It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is freedom to you?,how free do you think you are?,what is freedom,really?.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
One topic,Freedom,do you feel the sensation of freedom slipping away?,if not,why not?,if so,how?.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I for one will never feel like my freedom has slipped away. I govern myself. I am my own master of my own reality. The moment i feel my freedom is being stripped, i will fight for it.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well I feel my freedom slip away when I see all my money stripped away. To me, freedom would be like free gazoline all days.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Better start fighting Gore.
Freedom's are slowing eroding and have been for quite awhile.
Whether one see's this or not.
Freedom 50 years ago is not the same freedom today.
We are not as free as many would think we are.....
One needs to ask what 'Freedom' really is.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I understand, seeker. But everyone in the US will always have a modocom of personal freedom, something which some in other countries will sadly never experience.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think of freedom as to not being slave to any law, but some people say it's not freedom it's anarchy.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
"Each one of us must find in what he is not free. He wants to know - and he cannot know; either he has no time, or perhaps he has no preparatory knowledge. He wants to be, he wants to remember himself, he wants to 'do' in a certain way, but things happen differently, not as he wants it. When he realizes this he will see that the aim is freedom; and to be free one must be conscious". (Ouspensky).

Few here are conscious, let alone free.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Some people say that freedom can be found by learning how to use the UCC,(Uniform Commercial Codes),I feel that they are more a symptom of the sickness than a cure for the disease.Out of the frying pan and into the fire,unless you have lots of time to study that dry stuff,like me.
I think I am going to go back to work so that I can have slave friends and do slave fun stuff.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Freedom has nothing to do with the works of men,for in the end a man will be free,to die,with no works of men being able to ease his dying,so where is the justice in this world?,does it matter?,is it meaningless?.Is life a distraction?.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
We are all free, whatever rights we give away we do freely...but it is only the Liberals and Minority Rule that is taking away rights as they reduce morality.

And those same groups of Liberals, also want to see the Gun taken away as well.

The last defender of Freedom is the people's ability to rise up, and while it should always be the last resort, taking such an option away, is not only Traitorous, it is the last straw.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
FreeMason

Your freedom is a myth.

For two points of evidence:

* what I quoted (philosophical though it is, few here are free though they hold out they are)

* two red flags that have appeared under the name of your avatar

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The red flags MA has nothing to do with American Freedom, but my conduct on ATS
An international website.

Freedom in America is quite abundant, live in uganda for a while or even Germany, and you'll see that.

While the Nazis suck, in Germany they tell you you aren't allowed to be a Nazi, in America we do not deny the right to such a belief...but doesn't mean you won't be thrown in jail for practicing that belief

America is one of the most balanced nations on earth, but it's fast being lost as Judges overrider popular vote.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Government is a fiction,it does not exist in reality,it is made up by men.
You are a legal fiction created by the government,a fiction to be kicked around by a fiction,your footprints were recorded "before they touched the land",you are chattel,you don't even enjoy the fruits of your own labors before someone else gets first crack at them,they just aren't trying so hard to hide it anymore.Things are about to get very bad here,but most people won't notice.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
What is Freedom.......???
Well here goes ....Freedom is defined as having unrestricted use or access,
Well I believe that no one in this world has actual true freedom because we all live in this world governed by rules and laws that we have to follow.......but that is not entirely a Bad thing......we need certain rules and laws otherwise the world will cease to function .......chaos will reside and people will do as they please themselves and not nessasarily will be a good thing for all.....

Having freedom should be about trust and loving all of mankind and having to lean against each other in times of need.......But do we really have that?
No.....there will never be true freedom because people have always thought of the '''I'' and how they themselves are better then the next person......
Who cares if millions die of war or disease or commit crimes of murder or rape ........
It seems it 's just another 'bad news'' day and that's it!
Well, freedom should be about caring for the unfortunate whether it seems appropriate or not....in matters of helping one another in times of strife and need!
Freedom starts from ''within'' it is inbuilt in each of us and using it wisely is what it's all about!
Freedom to love each other and not hate is what it's all about.....having the time to listen (really listen) to what one another is truly saying .......
FREEDOM IS NOT about having to express yourself in Stupid unrealistic ways.......eg.......like going naked for some stupid terrorist demonstration to show how you feel.....I mean what or HOW does going naked make it better or prove a point?
FREEDOM is not about having some big demonstration with yelling at the top of your lungs against ''abortion'' or whatever the cause may be.....there are better ways to do this..showing love and talking ....
FREEDOM is not about ''legalizing marijuanna'' and having it become legal because everyone wants to be 'doped' (hmmm is that how it's spelt? )
FREEDOM is about having certain established standards that stand for good ........Firstly and foremost ,FREEDOM is about having a relationship with God and wanting what is good within then what is good externally ....(for the body and it's pleasures!)
If one has no Freedom within (soul)then one can never be really free and have true FREEDOM because having Freedom is about having humility...... freedom comes as a result of being true to your fellow man and not taking credit for oneself.....the body will rot and become non existent(unless of-course one has plastic surgery and who knows how long that takes to break down! )and the SOUL will live on.......to a life of true freedom ....
Do we have freedom today ???
Well that depends on each of us ........inwardly we need quite and peace and love .........outwardly we may never have true FREEDOM because we live in a world that cares more for the ''I'' (one self) then for what true FREEDOM stands for.......peace within oneself first and then freedom comes in the end........No one can take away your true beliefs and take away your soul......they can torture and destroy the body but not the FREEDOM you have within ......It's yours and you decide what freedom is for you , and if you use it wisely then you cannot have it taken away from you........death will come to all one day and if you lose the freedom from within then you have Nothing........in this world or the next.......
Hmmmm I hope all that made sense?
helen..

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
FM....amazingly, unbelieveably....I agree with you about something! Not everything you said, of course, but about the agendas in this nation to take away the ability of the people to defend their freedom. The government, the military, and even the law enforcement have all come to see themselves as the "masters" of the general public, and laws are being enacted more and more to make this a reality. Free men have no masters, only equal with who they agree to coexist. So tell me, do you really think we are free?

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
freedom is mutual respect,morals which are agreed upon and not violated unless to save ones OWN life,laws are just a way for governments to pull you into their venue(re-venue),and collect money for the violation of some code which caused no one any harm,governments make us our own worst enemy.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I agree with you unbalanced. I also liked some part of what you said Helen.

It's sad that we need law to forbid one to kill another human. We just shouldn't kill for the sake of respecting mankind. Just like we should't kill some animal "just for fun". Cuz that's wasted.

We probably needed law and enslavement just because most humans would not be able to deal with true freedom.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The fact that many people conduct themselves in such a disrespectful manner toward other people,other forms of life,etc, .somewhere along the line most people got the idea that they are above all others,and other forms of life,science has taken the place of god,good conduct bad conduct, it makes no difference without moral guidlines,which is what the US is suffering from losing,why treat people well if it makes no difference to anyone but those you are treating however you are treating them?.Conscience.
This country was founded on something good,and has been being dis-assembled into something just like every other country in the world is ever since.Freedom is considered a disease by governments,nobody seems to see it though,the USA has been considered as a cancer on the face of the planet since it came into existence,and the whole world wants to excise it.
The US was set up to be different than what the founding fathers were accustomed to,the constitution is not for you and me,it is a rulebook by which the government is supposed to operate,to protect our freedom.
It's almost gone.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Freedom, to me, is being a non-corporal life form.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
What is Freedom.......???
Well here goes ....Freedom is defined as having unrestricted use or access,
Well I believe that no one in this world has actual true freedom because we all live in this world governed by rules and laws that we have to follow.......but that is not entirely a Bad thing......we need certain rules and laws otherwise the world will cease to function .......chaos will reside and people will do as they please themselves and not nessasarily will be a good thing for all.....

Having freedom should be about trust and loving all of mankind and having to lean against each other in times of need.......But do we really have that?
No.....there will never be true freedom because people have always thought of the '''I'' and how they themselves are better then the next person......
Who cares if millions die of war or disease or commit crimes of murder or rape ........
It seems it 's just another 'bad news'' day and that's it!
Well, freedom should be about caring for the unfortunate whether it seems appropriate or not....in matters of helping one another in times of strife and need!
Freedom starts from ''within'' it is inbuilt in each of us and using it wisely is what it's all about!
Freedom to love each other and not hate is what it's all about.....having the time to listen (really listen) to what one another is truly saying .......
FREEDOM IS NOT about having to express yourself in Stupid unrealistic ways.......eg.......like going naked for some stupid terrorist demonstration to show how you feel.....I mean what or HOW does going naked make it better or prove a point?
FREEDOM is not about having some big demonstration with yelling at the top of your lungs against ''abortion'' or whatever the cause may be.....there are better ways to do this..showing love and talking ....
FREEDOM is not about ''legalizing marijuanna'' and having it become legal because everyone wants to be 'doped' (hmmm is that how it's spelt? )
FREEDOM is about having certain established standards that stand for good ........Firstly and foremost ,FREEDOM is about having a relationship with God and wanting what is good within then what is good externally ....(for the body and it's pleasures!)
If one has no Freedom within (soul)then one can never be really free and have true FREEDOM because having Freedom is about having humility...... freedom comes as a result of being true to your fellow man and not taking credit for oneself.....the body will rot and become non existent(unless of-course one has plastic surgery and who knows how long that takes to break down! )and the SOUL will live on.......to a life of true freedom ....
Do we have freedom today ???
Well that depends on each of us ........inwardly we need quite and peace and love .........outwardly we may never have true FREEDOM because we live in a world that cares more for the ''I'' (one self) then for what true FREEDOM stands for.......peace within oneself first and then freedom comes in the end........No one can take away your true beliefs and take away your soul......they can torture and destroy the body but not the FREEDOM you have within ......It's yours and you decide what freedom is for you , and if you use it wisely then you cannot have it taken away from you........death will come to all one day and if you lose the freedom from within then you have Nothing........in this world or the next.......
Hmmmm I hope all that made sense?
helen..

Helen,
You can keep that kind of freedom. Freedom defined is not freedom!
VOD

top topics

<<   2 >>

join