It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Really Owns the USA?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Did you all know that Prince Al Waleed of Saudi Arabia owns stock in Fox news, his shares being second only to Rupert Murdoch?

It estimated that the House of Saud owns up to 600 Billion dollars worth of American investments. Imagine if that was yanked out of our system suddenly... for whatever reason. Doesn't make ya feel too good to think about it.

Forget about how much the Chinese own...

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So, whats the problem, how much in the world do Americans own do you think?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DildoSmash
So, whats the problem, how much in the world do Americans own do you think?

Not sure. However, this thread is focused on foreign ownership of the UNITED STATES.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So, whats the problem with that?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So, whats the problem with that?

Do you want to discuss this or are you trying to kick up dust?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hello

Actually, I think this is a classic case of American hypocracy.

Kick up dust, I dont know, do you feel dusty?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Actually, I believe that Al Waleed has the most to lose, by far. The US nationalizes his accounts, and he loses everything. The US gains it all tax free. Frankly I think the US should nationalize the accounts of most if not all of our"friendly mid eastern brothers". They would kill all of us, including our children, and not think twice about it. Time for the US to take care of it's own, just like they do.....
Here come the bleedingheart rebuttals I'm sure........................

[edit on 6/6/2005 by superdude]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here's a decent article regarding this topic Economist Mike Walden

The article opens up by saying:

"The dollar is falling against foreign currencies. Our trade deficit has swollen to record levels. Foreign investors have bought large quantities of our government debt. With all these financial facts, it's easy to get the idea that foreign interests are getting the best of our economy. In fact, some argue foreign countries now effectively control our economy. Let's see if this is a real concern or misplaced anxiety."

Just thought it may be relevent.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ECK,
This is the same exact thing that raise a mess of noise back 10-20 years ago with the number of property in the US owned by Japan.
Bad yes, but it would be interesting to see just how much of america is actually owned by foreign people, countries, companies etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Hello

Actually, I think this is a classic case of American hypocracy.

Concern for one's country and discussing it is not hypocrisy.

Where are you from, btw?

Freethinking1, thanks for the link. Excellent point:

"The dollar is falling against foreign currencies. Our trade deficit has swollen to record levels. Foreign investors have bought large quantities of our government debt. With all these financial facts, it's easy to get the idea that foreign interests are getting the best of our economy. In fact, some argue foreign countries now effectively control our economy. Let's see if this is a real concern or misplaced anxiety."

What if all those notes were called in? Would we be able to handle it without going into a depression?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Concern for one's country and discussing it is not hypocrisy.

Yes, I give you that.

Where are you from, btw?

From a country on earth that exploits other countrys on earth to keep up its welthfare

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Bad yes, but it would be interesting to see just how much of america is actually owned by foreign people, countries, companies etc.

The really bad thing is, we can only estimate what the Saudis own. In order to hide their accumulated investments, they and the Treasury Dept. rely on two laws to shield them from transparency: Bretton Woods and the International Investment Survey Act. Saudi Arabia is (under them) considered to be an "individual investor."

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

From a country on earth that exploits other countrys on earth to keep up its welthfare

Come now, DS.. that could be any number of countries.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is different from the Japanese "scare" that Kenshiro mentioned.

The Japanese investors are/were not known religious extremists like the Saudis are.

BTW, Dildo Smash is just trying to stir the pot.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Who own America?

Well taking in consideration that American buys more than it sells and spend more that it earns, we depend in foreign investors to save the day.

The 2004 trade according to the Commerce Department fall short.

International investors from central backs finance the deficit in many ways, no only on buying goods but investing in US securities.

As long as people like the Saudi royal family are willing to lend the US money to finance its deficit, they are welcome.

The biggest holders of treasury securities are Japan, China and Britain, Japan holdings are US 711.8 billion, China’s holdings are US193.8 billion dollars and Britain holdings are US 163 billion dollars this was up to December last year.

Now still it seems that Japan is the larger holder so far, compare to perhaps the second the Saudi Royal family.

I guess that when it comes to corporate power and foreign investment our nation is own by others outside the US.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well ECK,
It has been done in the past. What it would take to do this now would be a great deal of time, money and resources. Even then, you will only get to about 30-40% of the truth.
The problem though, most americans have been pasturized, homogenized and cuddled into not caring unless it directly and immediately affects them. If the issue is just a half-step removed, they would not care. The old adage..... "It can't happen to me" or " What's in it for me".

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ray Davies
The Japanese investors are/were not known religious extremists like the Saudis are.

Yes, that is not encouraging.

BTW, Dildo Smash is just trying to stir the pot.

Trying being the optimum word.

[edit on 6/6/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Sweden

GM aquried Volvo and Saab, so...we know how it feels ;o)

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Who Really Owns the USA?

In a nutshell, through the auspices of the Federal Reserve, privately-owned & operated foreign banks own the USA...Details on the Federal Reserve Act can be easily researched. We've been sold out, People, by our own government who did not have legal, moral or ethical "ownership claim" on us to begin with.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Sweden

GM aquried Volvo and Saab, so...we know how it feels ;o)

Ah.. sveden. Cool.

Always glad to have an alternative opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join